concerts

rickinmd

14 minutes ago, Glen said:

setlist.com??

You're going to make me google that to see if that's real. 

23 minutes ago, Geoff said:

You're going to make me google that to see if that's real. 

oh it's real alright. just depends on whether someone has uploaded the setlist 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still no concerts here. :)

Kiss and Motley haven'y been discussed here, which is kinda surprising.

Are Kiss going to pick up the farewell tour? and now possibly include Australia dates?
Or have they played their last gig?

Saw somewhere that someone from MC came out and said they it likely won't happen now as some members (Mick) find it harder and harder to tour.

Maiden postponed here. There were still some tix which I was looking at, but now I'll wait until the new date is announced and hopefully pick up some better tickets from people who can no longer make it / don't want to be in crowds any more.

6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Still no concerts here. :)

Kiss and Motley haven'y been discussed here, which is kinda surprising.

Are Kiss going to pick up the farewell tour? and now possibly include Australia dates?
Or have they played their last gig?

Saw somewhere that someone from MC came out and said they it likely won't happen now as some members (Mick) find it harder and harder to tour.

Maiden postponed here. There were still some tix which I was looking at, but now I'll wait until the new date is announced and hopefully pick up some better tickets from people who can no longer make it / don't want to be in crowds any more.

You do realise there probably won't be another concert with a crowd for another two years or so? Or more. I wouldn't bother any planning, mate. I'd assume any and all pre existing arrangements will all be cancelled and refunded... Surely?

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

You do realise there probably won't be another concert with a crowd for another two years or so? Or more. I wouldn't bother any planning, mate. I'd assume any and all pre existing arrangements will all be cancelled and refunded... Surely?

nope. HEAT has been rescheduled for Oct 2020 in London UK. 

Oct might be optimistic but saying 2 years is ridiculous.

if that's the case our genre is doomed as most bands make their money through touring

Yeah definitely hope it doesn't go that long(2years),would like to think that within that time the worlds governments have a grip on COVID-19 and real normality can return,think the whole world feels the same about absolutely everything though  :(

I had Whitesnake in June & Maiden in July now cancelled...plus the premier league darts at the start of April although it has been rescheduled for October also I believe...Not to mention our first holiday in 3 years cancelled,but best to be safe

But chaps, what exactly has changed by October? Or this time next year? Sorry dudes, I know it's dark but it's been spelled out pretty clearly over here that until there is a vaccine a lot of the restrictions will be in place. 18 months is an optimistic idea of when a working vaccine may be complete. I don't think two years until it's rolled out and crowds can gather is too unrealistic at all, based on the current state of the place. I won't be a bit surprised if it's longer than two years. 

Some restrictions will simply have to be relieved at some stage, but no way do I see leisurely international flights or crowds at sport or music events being a thing again any time soon. Would love it if I'm wrong but I really think people are kidding themselves thinking this thing will just kindly disappear and we all go back to normal.

As for the genre being doomed... It's not the only thing. Every single industry is being tested and there's no doubt at all that many won't survive. All types of entertainment that rely on crowds will suffer immeasurably, but some will no doubt survive in some shape or form. You'd hope... 

I am booked in to an expo at th eExhibition Centre in June.
Obviously not going ahead.
Just heard it's been rescheduled for November. Who knows if it will go ahead then.

Also have a wholesale gift fair booked for August, likely that will be set back to September.
This is pretty important for businesses as it allows retailers to find new suppliers.
And the government is all about getting the economy back on track etc.

Talk of the NRL and AFL coming back sooner than expected.

BUT

Geoff does have a point re bands.
Maiden said they will rescedule, likely they won't.
It's not so much about what is allowed to happen, and even bands wanting to tour.
Will be more about being able to attract a crowd.
People will be careful as fuck for a year or two, vaccine or not.

In the mentime worth checking out Sammy Hagar And the Circle doing their hook up video link songs.
actually comes off pretty well.
Good to see some bands doing sometjing nice for their fans, but then Sammy was always pretty cool like that after the pressure was off having made a gazillion dollars in Tequila etc.

I don't know what those expos look like, but I would assume that if you can run them with social distancing in place stuff like that might go ahead later in the year. And by the grace of christ in all his might I hope the NRL (and for you southerner's sake the AFL) get some kind of exemption to get their thing under way again. I don't say literally unless I mean it, but literally counting down the days until the NRL starts again - allegedly. I still think they're going to get caught out with interstate travel for so many teams.

But, no way in the world they're going to start allowing large crowds of people to gather for sport or music any time soon, I truly believe. 

I think they'll very soon have to start doing things to get the country running at some level again, but I think any type of large gathering will just be off the cards for a very long time. 

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Two years or more? What do you base that on?

9 minutes ago, Mafisen said:

There'll be natural immunity, effective treatments, vaccine, virus will become weaker with mutation etc. That will help the situation. 

Just what I said above, mate - waiting for the vaccine. 

Like I said, at some point some of these restrictions will have to be eased or countries will just fold into themselves. But right or wrong, you can't look at the world's response to this and think things will be back to "normal" in a couple of years. Well, if you can, good luck. I don't see it, though. You think the vaccine will be available sooner than 18 months or so? 

Geoff, the first expo is retail and chaotic. Crazy packed.

Second wholedale one is also very busy.social distancing impossible there as well.

AFL was being shown in the US when their sport all ended and people were frothing it, so a shame that couldnt continue.

Shit will be very different after this. Look at France. 10% of their GDP is tourism. Airlines will go bust, airfares will likely all go up. Will America get to depression? Unlikely, as the worst wont last for an extended period, but they may come close.

Ive already set up contacts in china to shop for my business. Although there seems to be a fair anti china movement happening at the moment because of corona, i dont think it will last, but who knows?

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Just what I said above, mate - waiting for the vaccine. 

Like I said, at some point some of these restrictions will have to be eased or countries will just fold into themselves. But right or wrong, you can't look at the world's response to this and think things will be back to "normal" in a couple of years. Well, if you can, good luck. I don't see it, though. You think the vaccine will be available sooner than 18 months or so?

Edited by Mafisen
Info already posted

14 hours ago, lettard said:

I'd assume there's probably dozens of similar articles so it doesn't instil me with any confidence. But it'd be nice for sure. Very much against what the general opinion seems to be, though.  

Yeah September is quite far off also...but closer than 18months to 2 years...we can but hope that one of these labs gets something sooner rather than later,but articles like this are the reason that I really try to limit what I read about it from day to day...bad enough how things are without adding more un-needed stress & worry  :(

To be honest, I'm on team Geoff, unless a vaccine comes along.
The reason Greenland is clear is because they had 2 cycles with no new cases. 
1 cycle = 14 days incubation period so 2 is 28 days.
This applies to the rest of the world.
How many people are going to a concert when there are even 100 active cases around?
Many of those 100 would have had contact with otehrs, and the person you're standing next to could be infected.
Let alone governments allowing people to be in those environments for leisure activities.

Personally I would likely go along, if that circumstance arose and the powers that be decided to allow it as a reasonably safe event, but not sure there would be too many otehrs who would so the same.

So for me, no vaccine = probably over 12 months at least with no concerts.

22 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

To be honest, I'm on team Geoff, unless a vaccine comes along.
The reason Greenland is clear is because they had 2 cycles with no new cases. 
1 cycle = 14 days incubation period so 2 is 28 days.
This applies to the rest of the world.
How many people are going to a concert when there are even 100 active cases around?
Many of those 100 would have had contact with otehrs, and the person you're standing next to could be infected.
Let alone governments allowing people to be in those environments for leisure activities.

Personally I would likely go along, if that circumstance arose and the powers that be decided to allow it as a reasonably safe event, but not sure there would be too many otehrs who would so the same.

So for me, no vaccine = probably over 12 months at least with no concerts.

If there were 100 active cases worldwide I think you'd find 90% of people that go to concerts would go to concerts (keeping in mind the general age bracket of your standard concert goer). I certainly would. But 100 active cases worldwide seems a lifetime away at this point in time. In most countries, let alone the entire world. 

As I alluded to above, there's almost some kind of "race" about what comes first, be it a type of eventual "immunity" to the virus or the vaccine. It doesn't matter which way it goes, neither of them is a quick fix. Hence why I'm definitely, unfortunately, seeing a couple more years of this shit to come. :(

I think I read that there might be a vaccine by late autumn but that would be human trials and wouldn't be available in huge stocks for billions of people - that would be next year. say 12 months away.

either way 2 years is v pessimistic. 

the thing is at some stage, prob Sept, the kids will all go back to school. 

that will be far worse than me attending a gig. my average gig crowd is around 400. Lilys school is 1800 strong.

will be worrying times with no vaccine