concerts

rickinmd

I watched one from NFO early in the first lockdown and it was free.

was great but no way in hell would I 'watch'  a gig on my phone for $40.

Madness 

• My Little Pony
22 hours ago, Glen said:

I watched one from NFO early in the first lockdown and it was free.

was great but no way in hell would I 'watch'  a gig on my phone for $40.

Madness 

Well... most concert-goers end up watching the entire show through their phones. Heh. 

22 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Well... most concert-goers end up watching the entire show through their phones. Heh. 

yeah they are annoying idiots.

When I saw Kate Bush she banned filming and people were asked NOT to use their phones.

it was pretty much respected as well. 

3 hours ago, Glen said:

yeah they are annoying idiots.

When I saw Kate Bush she banned filming and people were asked NOT to use their phones.

it was pretty much respected as well. 

Saw on news report when Rob Halford and Chrissie Hynde  punt phones that near the stages. Rob and Chrissie would make any N F L team with punt skill.

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony
On 1/5/2021 at 7:18 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Steelheart are doing a live stream next month, 20 February. Tickets are $25, I believe. Dunno if that's USD, or if the site automatically adjusted based on my location. It's supposed to be this big 30th Anniversary show, but I don't know if this is a reunion of sorts. Who's involved? Very little information given. 

https://dreamstage.live/event/steelheart?utm_source=bandsintown&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=steelheart

This got moved to 27 March. 

If anybody cared. 

• 5 months later...
  • My Little Pony

Steelheart's doing a 30th year anniversary show tonight online. And will be on demand for the weekend. You can grab tickets here:

https://dreamstage.live/event/steelheart?utm_source=dssocials&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=steelheart

Dunno who's in the band anymore. Is this a reunion gig? I have no idea.

• 2 months later...
  • My Little Pony

The Midnight last night. Fuckin' phenomenal!! It was my first concert since all this shit happened, and it was everything I needed. The band was on fire. The crowd was vibin'. It seriously felt like a lot of healing took place in that venue, last night. If you have a chance to see them, don't pass it up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The Midnight last night. Fuckin' phenomenal!! It was my first concert since all this shit happened, and it was everything I needed. The band was on fire. The crowd was vibin'. It seriously felt like a lot of healing took place in that venue, last night. If you have a chance to see them, don't pass it up. 

Nice to hear. 👊👍

The Wildhearts a few weeks back and Girlschool/ Alcatrazz last week....good to be back attending live gigs again  :headbanger:

1 hour ago, Jez said:

The Wildhearts a few weeks back and Girlschool/ Alcatrazz last week....good to be back attending live gigs again  :headbanger:

saw Vega a few weeks ago. Was excellent.

Next up is Tremonti at Shepherds Bush in Jan  🤘

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

I hope you lot realise how fortunate you are. Even without this pandemic, my part of the western world has got to be the worst for fans of our music. 

The next show I might go to is Roosevelt in December. He's probably my favourite Pop artist at the moment, but I really wanna see a fuckin' Rock concert. 

• 2 months later...

Saxon at Hammersmith Odeon were awesome on Saturday night. Over 2 years late but they put on a hell of a show..2 hours rammed full of some of their best stuff, and a band still on top of their game...Biff still sounds amazing. Uriah Heep, Girlschool and Diamond Head were all on form  too. A great night was had

• My Little Pony
On 2/1/2022 at 12:30 PM, Jez said:

Saxon at Hammersmith Odeon were awesome on Saturday night. Over 2 years late but they put on a hell of a show..2 hours rammed full of some of their best stuff, and a band still on top of their game...Biff still sounds amazing. Uriah Heep, Girlschool and Diamond Head were all on form  too. A great night was had

Damn. Sounds like a good time. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Glen said:

my next gig is May. Tremonti was postponed til June (was Jan)

Still covid stuff, even over there? I hope we might get to see a gig in May also.

In 2032. 

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Still covid stuff, even over there? I hope we might get to see a gig in May also.

In 2032. 

it's not really the UK , its the logistics of moving through a variety of countries with different rules etc. 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Geoff said:

In 2032. 

Alice Cooper rescheduled, after two years, for April this year, but I'm still worried my country might shut shit down. Again. 

5 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Alice Cooper rescheduled, after two years, for April this year, but I'm still worried my country might shut shit down. Again. 

Yep, I know the feeling. Recently had a visit to see my parents up the coast for the first time in almost a year and the lead up was nothing but pure misery, constantly worried that it would all be canned for any one of countless reasons these days. 

Sadly, for the most part I've just cut that part out of my life (not much, just the bit worth living for) until we can actually trust that if we plan something in advance it will come to pass. Until then it's just not worth the added stress. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

The Midnight have added one more show in the UK. 5 May all the way down in Brighton. Probably too far for you lot, but just figured I'd give you guys a heads up. 

7 May in London might be a bit closer. 

;}

https://www.themidnightofficial.com/

8 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The Midnight have added one more show in the UK. 5 May all the way down in Brighton. Probably too far for you lot, but just figured I'd give you guys a heads up. 

7 May in London might be a bit closer. 

;}

https://www.themidnightofficial.com/

shit that's the day after Crazy Lixx & Chez Kane. 

• My Little Pony
11 minutes ago, Glen said:

shit that's the day after Crazy Lixx & Chez Kane. 

Guess you're gonna be busy. ;}