concerts

rickinmd

On 10/9/2019 at 11:39 PM, CureTheSane said:

Friday night I have Hardcore Superstar and Buckcherry

Missed both bands last time they each toured as I was overseas both times, so this time I get to see them both :)
Ironically, I fly to China Saturday morning, picked a nice little gap between this show and my wedding anniversary 

Reviews....

***note, I'm not bithing about not hearing some of the songs, I get that they can't please everyone and I lean towards the more melodic stuff, but just mentioning in my review.

Hardcore Superstar came on first.
They were ok, I'm not a huge fan, but they were entertaining. Songs probably let them down
Couldn't believe they didn't play C'mon Take Me On, easily my fav song of theirs.
also missing We Don't Need A Cure which would have gone down live crowd participation etc. Sorry for The Shape I'm In, Nervous Breakdown.
But they were going for a harder edged setlist, less melodic I guess

HCSS setlist
Moonshine
Electric Rider
We Don't Celebrate Sundays
Wild Boys
Bag on Your Head
Last Call for Alcohol
You Can't Kill My Rock 'n Roll
Liberation
No Resistance
Above the Law
Head Like a Hole

Buckcherry were also good, but also missing more glaring songs.
Aslo seemed to be going for a harder heavier setlist, with the exception of a few.
Happy they played Sorry
Most missing were Everything, Carousel and Rose, but also wopuld have preferred hearing these below rather than some of the ones they played
Wood
Greed (actually they may have played that, see below)
You
Slit My Wrists
Carousel
Don't Go Away

Couldn't find the Buckcherry setlist online, so here's the Sydney one, was pretty close to this
Slamin'
Ridin'
Radio Song
Lit Up
Somebody Fucked With Me
Right Now
Sunshine
Too Drunk...
Sorry
Gluttony
Back Down
Crazy Bitch
Say Fuck It

Overall it was a pretty good show, probably one I would have done better drinking at, as I would have got into it more. But the venue is pretty average and it's a fair hike to the city from my place.

I saw Iron Maiden in 2010 and 2019 greatest live band I have ever seen in 2010 they focused on newer songs and 2019 was greatest hits from 1980 to 1992 mainly, they are playing New Zealand and Australia in 2020

Yeah saw Maiden on the "No Prayer For The Dying" tour back in September 1990 in the Kings Hall Belfast   :) Queensryche came for the Empire tour a few weeks later on Halloween night 1990...ah the memories.

The Maiden tour was Dickinson's last before he left and the support was from Blaze Bayley fronted Wolfsbane...ironic

They were here again a during the summer but I was out of the country on holidays...theyre back for Belsonic in the summer 2020...again I'll be on holidays  :( what are the chances.

Edited by lettard

13 minutes ago, lettard said:

Yeah saw Maiden on the "No Prayer For The Dying" tour back in September 1990 in the Kings Hall Belfast   :) Queensryche came for the Empire tour a few weeks later on Halloween night 1990...ah the memories.

The Maiden tour was Dickinson's last before he left and the support was from Blaze Bayley fronted Wolfsbane...ironic

They were here again a during the summer but I was out of the country on holidays...theyre back for Belsonic in the summer 2020...again I'll be on holidays  :( what are the chances.

Nice I thought Bruce last tour with Maiden was in 1993 Raising Hell Concert?

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

Sebastian Bach is going back on tour playing the Skid Row debut front to back. My buddy bought two tickets for the Vancouver show in March, so I guess I'm going. 

;}

11 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Sebastian Bach is going back on tour playing the Skid Row debut front to back. My buddy bought two tickets for the Vancouver show in March, so I guess I'm going. 

;}

Lucky ;}

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere yet...

81587761_10151148347099960_4518308640523812864_o.jpg

I saw this on Friday night and blew loads.

To a much lesser degree, I saw this one too:

image.png.1efd88922e4aecebafc35d83b58cb926.png

Would appreciate of folk keep us updated if they see more of these side shows to Melodicrockfest. :)

2 hours ago, Mafisen said:

Blew loads, does that mean it was do awesome you creamed your pants or it was unadulterated shite?

First option. Imagine my immense glee when Crazy Lixx and (to a lesser degree, I regret to say) XYZ got added to the Reckless Love show. :)

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

Jast saw that Enuff Z Nuff are playing The Prince Bandroom Melbourne 3rd March.
Presume there are other dates around the country.

Yes mate, check out this page;

https://www.facebook.com/pg/melodicrockfest/events/

Hope that works. But there is a heap of side shows from the Melodicrock Fest in both Melbourne and thankfully Sydney/Newcastle. Also a few shows in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

I currently have tickets to see, in the next month and a bit;

Reckless Love

Crazy Lixx

"XYZ"

"Enuff Z' Nuff"

Janet Gardener

Ron Keel

FM

Paul Laine

The Radio Sun

Crosson

Pretty excited to be honest. Just wish the transport to each and every one of them wasn't so awkward... especially the Newcastle shows... 

The only ones I've passed on so far are Kip Winger and Tony Harnell acoustic shows. I'd love to see them, and if they were electric I'd be there in a ballclap. But can't justify about $70 for an acoustic show. :( I saw Bon Jovi play an acoustic show for free way back in the day! :)

But I assume, obviously, living in Victoria, you're going to Melodicrock Fest, aren't you? Surely?  

Edited by Geoff

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Hope that works. But there is a heap of side shows from the Melodicrock Fest in both Melbourne and thankfully Sydney/Newcastle. Also a few shows in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

Reckless Love

Crazy Lixx

"XYZ"

"Enuff Z' Nuff"

Janet Gardener

Ron Keel

FM

Paul Laine

The Radio Sun

Crosson

Pretty excited to be honest. Just wish the transport to each and every one of them wasn't so awkward... especially the Newcastle shows... 

The only ones I've passed on so far are Kip Winger and Tony Harnell acoustic shows. I'd love to see them, and if they were electric I'd be there in a ballclap. But can't justify about $70 for an acoustic show. :( I saw Bon Jovi play an acoustic show for free way back in the day! :)

But I assume, obviously, living in Victoria, you're going to Melodicrock Fest, aren't you? Surely?  

wow some nice gigs there. 

I'm sure Paul Laine, Crazy Lixx and reckless love will be awesome

Also I caught FM back end of 2019 and they were great...but they were playing the whole of Tough It Out which helped 

13 hours ago, Geoff said:

Reckless Love

Crazy Lixx

"XYZ"

"Enuff Z' Nuff"

Janet Gardener

Ron Keel

FM

Paul Laine

The Radio Sun

Crosson

Haven't looked at it too much as I'm unsure if I'll be around at the moment (in the country) so don't want to get my hopes up.
Didn't realise Enuff Z Nuff were there. That makes it worse if I can't go.
Will know more in a week or so.

21 hours ago, Glen said:

wow some nice gigs there. 

I'm sure Paul Laine, Crazy Lixx and reckless love will be awesome

Also I caught FM back end of 2019 and they were great...but they were playing the whole of Tough It Out which helped 

Yeah to be honest, I never thought I'd see any of them in my lifetime, so I'll take what I can get. Crazy Lixx and Reckless Love... and yeah, FM too - they're the ones I'm most excited about. Not sure what songs to expect in a Paul Laine set. Danger Danger stuff? 

Wow, just did a google because I can't keep up with stuff, but I noticed Terry Ilious is still with XYZ. In fact, all the current members have a good history with the band (especially he and Fontaine). That makes that set about 100% more exciting too. Actually makes it on par with the others in terms of anticipation! Such a massive fan of those first two XYZ albums, and the demo album. 

I hope Enuff Z' Nuff only do stuff off the first three albums, Ron Keel only does Keel songs and Janet Gardener only does Vixen stuff. But, who knows what any of those three will do. :)

42 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah to be honest, I never thought I'd see any of them in my lifetime, so I'll take what I can get. Crazy Lixx and Reckless Love... and yeah, FM too - they're the ones I'm most excited about. Not sure what songs to expect in a Paul Laine set. Danger Danger stuff? 

Wow, just did a google because I can't keep up with stuff, but I noticed Terry Ilious is still with XYZ. In fact, all the current members have a good history with the band (especially he and Fontaine). That makes that set about 100% more exciting too. Actually makes it on par with the others in terms of anticipation! Such a massive fan of those first two XYZ albums, and the demo album. 

I hope Enuff Z' Nuff only do stuff off the first three albums, Ron Keel only does Keel songs and Janet Gardener only does Vixen stuff. But, who knows what any of those three will do. :)

paul laine will throw in defiants for sure and some solo

57 minutes ago, Glen said:

paul laine will throw in defiants for sure and some solo

When you say solo, you mean 'Stick it in your ear' solo stuff?