Best of 2008 Lists posted!

heavyharmonies

I don't know how you guys found the time to listen to that much music. It's simply astounding. I don't even think I have one of the releases listed.

The other three put me to shame, I wish I had access to that much stuff, and had enough time to check it out!

I'm surprised ROCKARMA or BOMBAY BLACK didn't make the cut!!! :yikes:

Just my opinion!!!

Well, Rockarma came out in 2007, even if it has a 2008 copyright... & it narrowly missed my Top 5 of 07 AAMOF.... http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/2007best.cgi#mike

As for Bombay Black, love the band, and their first two discs were GREAT, but Psycho Magnet sounds like a bunch of leftovers that didn't quite make the cut for those 2 releases.

Just my opinion!!!

Well, Rockarma came out in 2007, even if it has a 2008 copyright... & it narrowly missed my Top 5 of 07 AAMOF.... http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/2007best.cgi#mike

As for Bombay Black, love the band, and their first two discs were GREAT, but Psycho Magnet sounds like a bunch of leftovers that didn't quite make the cut for those 2 releases.

Rockarma came out in 2007?

OOPS! Sorry! :whistle:

Entertaining reading, as always, but I'll never understand the love & adoration so many folks in the melodic rock community have for Brother Firetribe. Not a bad band, but nothing special either, the sort of band the term "overrated" was invented for. But hey, you know what they say--opinions are like assholes...and, uh, sometimes I'm an asshole. :P

• My Little Pony
Entertaining reading, as always, but I'll never understand the love & adoration so many folks in the melodic rock community have for Brother Firetribe. Not a bad band, but nothing special either, the sort of band the term "overrated" was invented for. But hey, you know what they say--opinions are like assholes...and, uh, sometimes I'm an asshole. :P

Sometimes? ;)

very cool best of, where is Heat??? that is my only complaint!!!! hehehehe

Just my opinion!!!

Rockarma came out in 2007?

OOPS! Sorry! :whistle:

Even though the Rockarma did come out in the last 4 weeks of 2007 I still see it as a 2008 release.

And for the record I like the Psycho Magnet better than the preivious Bombay Black albums, but that's probably just me. Then again I got see both of these bands live in 2008 and that helped too. :tumbsup:

very cool best of, where is Heat??? that is my only complaint!!!! hehehehe

Yeah, good call. I just realised that too. Either way, good reading material anyway.

As a side note, I too have quite enjoyed Bombay Black's past work, but just couldn't get into the new disc at all.

And yeah, I still list Rockarma as 2008 too. :)

Just wondering if Pride: S/T (MHR Sweden) was ever considered as a possible "contestant" for AOTY? Didn't see it mentioned anywhere on any of the lists......Since I don't own a copy and have only heard a couple brief sound clips, I really can't form a strong opinion either way-->but the handful of posted comments in the review section indicate it's a very good album.......Jeff.

• 2 weeks later...

A very subjective subject......rating music!!! If I were choosing, I would have been all over that Brother Firetribe as well as many different albums than those chosen by the moderators. Once again, our musical tastes dictate our choices.

Very interesting to see the thoughts expressed by the fellas though........

where is Heat???

Presumably back in Sweden, washing the dirt - that Brother Firetribe kicked in their face - out.

Great lists chaps, nice to see 3 of my faves: Journey, Shinedown and Brother Firetribe, getting lots of plaudits. Good to see Blessed By A Broken Heart get a mention too!

Great Job Guys and some great reading..now I have about 20 more CDs

to add to the Growing "must get list"... :crazy:

Mission Accomplished! ;)

:drink: Good to see you mention Motorhead in your list.. :drink:

Admittedly I'm not a huge fan so it didn't make my top tier, but I'll tell ya, they definitely rocked my ass off when I saw 'em on the Metal Masters tour over the Summer. I was screaming along with "Killed By Death" and "Ace of Spades" just like everyone else.... :beerbang:

I wasn't going to bother with Shinedown, but as it appered on your lists, I took a gamble and bloody glad I did too - Great disc :tumbsup:

I wasn't going to bother with Shinedown, but as it appered on your lists, I took a gamble and bloody glad I did too - Great disc :tumbsup:

It really is, and I wasn't going to bother either but everytime I turned around, someone else was saying how fab they were... and damned if they weren't right... :blink:

It really is, and I wasn't going to bother either but everytime I turned around, someone else was saying how fab they were... and damned if they weren't right... :blink:

Backed.. :anon: I really didn't think it would amount to much, but it is really good...