Favorite Yngwie singer

Your Favorite Yngwie vocalist  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which singer, whose ego took a backseat to Yngwie's guitar, do you prefer? (Not necessarily their performance on the Yngwie album(s) they sang on, but your impression of the vocalist overall)

Sorry about the failed HTML tags!! :wacko:

Well I am a big JLT fan,and Odyssey is my fave Yngwie album so I voted for Mark Boals!

Nah,not really,I voted for JLT!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just stepped on a pin... but what about 'Facing the animal'????? The mighty Mats Leven???? That is where my vote would be cast here, but of these guys probably like JSS best? Though I hate his discs with Yngwie... so I'd probably vote Goran.

I'm a great fan of Dougie White....loved his stuff with Midnight Blue, Chain and Rainbow and now....CORNERSTONE!!! Actually, there's some good ones there. Jeff Scott Soto has always had that "benchmark melodic Rock Voice" that could make any band sound 10 times better....one of my all time favs.......then of course, Joe. I really liked his recent gig with Brazon Abbot and his memorable solos. His growls and range are tops!! It was a tough choice for sure.

Delbert

JSS for me. JLT came just in second position.

Again 'Odyssey' is my fave, but overall it would have to be between JSS & the Mighty Goran Edman.

JSS (Just)

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just stepped on a pin... but what about 'Facing the animal'????? The mighty Mats Leven???? That is where my vote would be cast here, but of these guys probably like JSS best? Though I hate his discs with Yngwie... so I'd probably vote Goran.

:agree:

on both counts. wanted leven, voted goran.

I went JLT based on your "overall impression" criteria, but I like JSS' performance with regard to YJM specifically, and to further confuse the issue, Trilogy is by far my favorite YJM release regardless of vocalist...

Shit now even I'm confused... :(

I agree with Geoff and with the people who like Mats Leven(too daze gone rocks), He is a great singer ( I saw him live with Yngvie and really like the show). Without him I went with JL Turner, Odissey is my fav Malmsteen album. Soto is a great singer as well, And I appreciate Edman too.

Facing the animal is the last great album from Malmsteen, I don't like what he done then.

I agree with Geoff and with  the people who like Mats Leven(too daze gone rocks), He is a great singer ( I saw him live with Yngvie and really like the show). Without him I went with JL Turner, Odissey is my fav Malmsteen album. Soto is a great singer as well, And I appreciate Edman too.

Facing the animal is the last great album from Malmsteen, I don't like what he done then.

Facing the Animal was the album that raised Malmsteens profile in America. It was the first album on a major label since Fire and Ice. It's a shame he hasn't been able to follow that album. He needs to bring Mats Leven back or writing better songs would help to.

I agree with Geoff and with  the people who like Mats Leven(too daze gone rocks), He is a great singer ( I saw him live with Yngvie and really like the show). Without him I went with JL Turner, Odissey is my fav Malmsteen album. Soto is a great singer as well, And I appreciate Edman too.

Facing the Animal was the album that raised Malmsteens profile in America. It was the first album on a major label since Fire and Ice. It's a shame he hasn't been able to follow that album. He needs to bring Mats Leven back or writing better songs would help to.

"Writing better songs?" then Yngwie needs JSS!

Haven't really heard everything that Yngwie recorded. He may have gotten a better vocalist than Jeff Scott but in terms of writing, only a few names in hard rock that I can think of, who can write better/stronger songs than him.

• 1 year later...