Favorite Yngwie singer

Your Favorite Yngwie vocalist  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Joe Lynn Turner!!

I just LOVE the Odyssey album..... :P

Same here.........JLT sounded amazing on that album. That may have been his peak. Jeff Scott Soto is also a great singer as well as Goran Edmund, Mike Vescera, and Mark Boals. Man, Yngwie had some great singers.

• 1 year later...

all are great (JSS is the obvious option) but i'm sucker for goran edman and what a great frontman.....and one of the few complaints of my life is that i never manage to see him live with yngwie,ah well....still i'm missing the miami vice boot with him..... :(

• 2023 Gold Donors
Trilogy is by far my favorite YJM release regardless of vocalist...

ditto.

As far as Yngwie goes for me is he has bucket loads of talent,but his music has never been something ive really wanted to listen to over and over..i like to hear him when he's in a 'Band'..Steeler/Alcatrazz.Same with Vai :DLR.Alcatrazz,Whitesnake and so on.Id rather listen to and prefer the Lynch/Demartini style of guitar over the whole neo-classical bit.

I still go with Mats Leven and the Facing the Animal album.

Here's my fav list based on what they did with Malmsteen not the order of how I feel about them as vocalists over all.

I think some of the votes Soto got in this poll have been based on what he did outside of Malmsteen's band.

1. Leven

2. JLT

3. Soto

4. Edman

5. Boals

6. Michael Vescera

7. Owens

8. White

Boals did a great job on the Trilogy album. That album includes the best Yngwie song IMO. The utterly fantastic You don't remember, I'll never forget. But his other albums with Yngwie was quite bad. War to end all wars was complete rubbish.

I derive no enjoyment from Yngwie's albums, therefore I don't listen to them, but from the vocalists listed, my vote goes to Jeff Scott Soto.

• 8 months later...