Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony
16 hours ago, martinsane said:

Definately the way I saw it...

You saw it wearing your Elsa costume, as well? Were you two watching it together?

5 hours ago, lettard said:

Took my youngest two sons to see Frozen 2,it was actually pretty good :popcorn:

a little surprising that it took Hollywood so long to adapt Hans Christian Andersen's classic Snow Queen....there is an old 1957 Russian/Soviet adaptation of this tale, some others also....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Snow_Queen_(1957_film)

Edited by Invisible_man

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:06 AM, Invisible_man said:

a little surprising that it took Hollywood so long to adapt Hans Christian Andersen's classic Snow Queen....there is an old 1957 Russian/Soviet adaptation of this tale, some others also....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Snow_Queen_(1957_film)

Really? I did not know that,thanx

• 2023 Gold Donors

Not a movie I've recently watched, but a trailer I've recently seen. With all the backlash of the "Ghostbusters" reboot and the upcoming new film, this one seemed to come out of nowhere. Looks pretty cool BTW.

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

Not a movie I've recently watched, but a trailer I've recently seen. With all the backlash of the "Ghostbusters" reboot and the upcoming new film, this one seemed to come out of nowhere. Looks pretty cool BTW.

Actually, I think this is the "upcoming film". I think this is "Ghostbusters III".

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Actually, I think this is the "upcoming film". I think this is "Ghostbusters III".

Yeah it is Ghostbusters Afterlife...which is pretty much part III because the kid in the film is Spenglers grand daughter by the looks of things...looks good but wasn't what I was expecting...they've taken it out of the big city and into the country...which is different I suppose.

Edited by lettard

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, lettard said:

Yeah it is Ghostbusters Afterlife...which is pretty much part III because the kid in the film is Spenglers grand daughter by the looks of things...looks good but wasn't what I was expecting...they've taken it out of the big city and into the country...which is different I suppose.

I've not see any of the reboots. There was a second one?

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, lettard said:

Yeah I've got Grinch on for the kids...the 2019 version...I much prefer the over the top Carrey version myself  :)

I'm all about the Boris Karloff original. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from taking the family to see the new Star Wars Rise Of Skywalker movie....enjoyed it, not as much as I thought that I would but it is pretty good, some really good scenes and some bits that maybe don't fit for some reason or another but a lot better than the Last Jedi.

13 hours ago, lettard said:

Just back from taking the family to see the new Star Wars Rise Of Skywalker movie....enjoyed it, not as much as I thought that I would but it is pretty good, some really good scenes and some bits that maybe don't fit for some reason or another but a lot better than the Last Jedi.

Good, I'm expecting it to be shit/average. Hopefully it exceeds my expectations.

• My Little Pony

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

This was way better than I anticipated. The critics are shitting on it, and I understand why--the editing was choppy to say the least--so I was expecting to hate it. JJ Abrams set out to fix what Rian Johnson fucked up with The Last Jedi. It results in an entire trilogy story arc packed into two-and-a-half hours. But you know what, I couldn't stop smiling, and for the first twenty minutes I was confused. I was actually happy with what I was seeing. Yeah, it's extremely fast-paced, but I don't feel like there was any wasted screen time. Yeah, there was still some wrong, but there was so much more right. Yeah, it's sad that this is the end, that these characters we finally get to love, again, won't have a continuing story arc, but at least we get to end this tumultuous trilogy on a positive note. If ever there was a film that needed a director's cut with an extended hour, this is it. That's never happened in this franchise, but if there's anything we should take away from the Star Wars universe is to have hope. 

Code 8 (2019) - okay little superhero flick...

Rambo : Last Blood (2019) - okay Rambo flick...lots of scumbags get slaughtered of course...

Ad Astra (2019) - decent scifi film.... just don't expect Star Wars....

It Chapter 2 (2019) - decent followup to first movie although overly long IMO...personally I prefer the first chapter...

Edited by Dead Planet

• My Little Pony
17 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Zombieland Double Tap (2019) - nice sequel flick...if you enjoyed the first one you should like this one....

Can't believe that was ten years ago, already. 

The Fan (1981) - was browsing old thrillers and came across this pretty obscure one. Don't remember ever seeing it. It's ok, not as much suspense and action as I'd like, however the ending is actually pretty sad. Michael Biehn plays an obsessed crazy psycho well. Lauren Bacall, James Garner, and Hector Elizondo are all good too. I wish the movie had more suspense and action.

Edited by Invisible_man

Madagascar 1-3

Top gun 3D (first time ever seeing this movie)

Die hard (well it is a Christmas movie)

The House

6 Underground

Death race 2050

Edited by Captain Howdy

15 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Gemini Man (2019) - decent action flick, not sure why the critics hated it

Not really heard much said about it other than they spent so much on Will Smith that they had a shoe string budget for special effects. Sure that is not true, but the special effects seem to be where most of the hatred is aimed at in reviews I have heard.