Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

A Dog's Purpose (2017) - nice drama about family, love, and dogs..

A Year of the Dragon (1985) - been a long time since I've seen this, nice crime flick with Mickey Rourke. Although I remember liking it a lot more when I was a teen

Escape Room (2019) - an ok thriller

Edited by Invisible_man

Couple over the last few days:

Wonder Park- Holy fuck. What is it with these "kids" movies lately that are so very depressing and dramatic. Overall the film was good but sheesh no need to traumatize the little ones.

Splatter-A very bad but good short horror story.

The Lords of Chaos- Really liked this. Well acted and the story is fascinating if not movie-ized for this film. Going to now go watch Until the Light Takes Us and Once Upon a Time In Norway for some more info's on this wacky movement.

The Condemned (2007) - surprisingly watchable considering Steve Austin is the star...about 10 death row convicts on an island being filmed in a fight to the death...

John Wick 3 (2019) - another good film in the series...they still haven't matched the first film though...

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

John Wick 3 (2019) - another good film in the series...they still haven't matched the first film though...

Really? I liked this the best. The action was just so much more intense. 

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Really? I liked this the best. The action was just so much more intense. 

I actually watched all 3 films one after the other so I could compare them (and because my memory sucks) and yes I prefer the first...all those bad guys dying because of ... quote - "a fucking dog" ... was priceless...

• My Little Pony

I actually watched all 3 films one after the other so I could compare them (and because my memory sucks) and yes I prefer the first...all those bad guys dying because of ... quote - "a fucking dog" ... was priceless...

Truu. I also watched the first two after the third came out to refresh my memory. Chapter Two wasn't quite as good as I thought--at release I considered it better than the first--but I also decided I liked Parabellum most. At the end of the day, none of them suck, and we're left with three of the greatest action flicks of this century. Hopefully Chapter Four delivers. 

Overlord ~ Wow what a cool film. I can only imagine the budget and the cinematography was stunning. Highly recommended.

La Llorona = STEAMING PILE OF SHIT. WHY oh WHY do I keep watching these Conjuring universe movies. For fuck sake are they stupid. However Lina Carellini is a stone cold fox. But that doesn't help this film at all. AVOID.

The Dead Don't Die (2019) - I'm always up for a zombie flick, unfortunately this one is really bad...stay far away from it...

Aww man you're joking me? This never made it to my local cinema so my wife ordered it for me on disc and we were gonna watch it on Monday whilst away on a short trek away  :(

7 hours ago, lettard said:

Aww man you're joking me? This never made it to my local cinema so my wife ordered it for me on disc and we were gonna watch it on Monday whilst away on a short trek away  :(

I was barely able to get through to the end so no joke, but maybe you will feel differently....

Us. So I  did enjoy JP's first foray into "horror" with Get Out,  but Us was not even in the same league as Get Out. I had high hopes going in but it was flat for me, elements were there but not very good.

Blackkklnsman. Now this was a story and a well made film. John David is an actor to recon with and Adam Driver is as well. Highly recommend this movie.

• My Little Pony
10 hours ago, martinsane said:

Us. So I  did enjoy JP's first foray into "horror" with Get Out,  but Us was not even in the same league as Get Out. I had high hopes going in but it was flat for me, elements were there but not very good.

Blackkklansman. Now this was a story and a well made film. John David is an actor to recon with and Adam Driver is as well. Highly recommend this movie.

Interesting. I thought Us was better than Get Out. 

And, yeah, Blackkklansman was pretty good. Not entirely accurate, but well done. Quite funny in parts, up until the last ten or so minutes when I was nearly in tears. I didn't expect that ending, though I suppose I should have from Spike Lee. 

Don't Hang Up   Fair to midland pg-13 "horror" movie about some kids that emulate the Jerkey Boys and get pranked back. Nice ending btw, worth a watch.

Long Shot   Pretty funny if not safe Seth Rogan vehicle. At least he keeps playing himself and not trying to be all dramatic or anything else, just a stoner clown and it works for him. Charlize Theron albeit a fox is waaay to emaciated in this. NOt sure why she lost all the curves, looks almost sickly.

How To Talk To Girls At Parties ~ Wow, where'd this 2016 movie come from? Really good film and not in any way shape or form associated with the title which has no relevance to the film. Super eclectic but not in that Portland trying to be weird way by screaming it in peoples faces that your weird to try and convince everyone even though your not. Period 70's movie centering around some punk rockers that stumble upon a "party" but everyone there are aliens, unbeknownst to the 3 boys. Crazy ensues there after with a very cool sappy ending. Well worthy a watch imho.

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, martinsane said:

How To Talk To Girls At Parties ~ Wow, where'd this 2016 movie come from? Really good film and not in any way shape or form associated with the title which has no relevance to the film. Super eclectic but not in that Portland trying to be weird way by screaming it in peoples faces that your weird to try and convince everyone even though your not. Period 70's movie centering around some punk rockers that stumble upon a "party" but everyone there are aliens, unbeknownst to the 3 boys. Crazy ensues there after with a very cool sappy ending. Well worthy a watch imho.

Sounds like one I need to check out. 

19 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Sounds like one I need to check out. 

You should its a dinger no lie.

Iche Seh Iche Seh or the incredible incoherent English re-titling "Goodnight Mommy". Another movie well worth your time, sure its in glorious Auf Deutch but this one is super tense and well done. Fingers crossed us Amerkins don't reboot this and wreck it.

On 8/30/2019 at 3:25 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Truu. I also watched the first two after the third came out to refresh my memory. Chapter Two wasn't quite as good as I thought--at release I considered it better than the first--but I also decided I liked Parabellum most. At the end of the day, none of them suck, and we're left with three of the greatest action flicks of this century. Hopefully Chapter Four delivers. 

I'm in the #3 wasn't as good camp.

Probably because my expectations were so high, but also they didn't seem to find too much taht was overly impressive in all the killing.
Smacked of a Kill Bill 2 vibe, with the bad guys lining up to die.

Interestingly, I saw Olympus Has Fallen recently, and I swear this is basically a draft for the JW style of movie. The way he killed, head shots etc.

Tonight I saw The Other Guys because it was on. Really like this film, so well done.

3 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Toy Story 4 (2019) - I enjoyed the previous 3 films but I can't say the same about this latest flick....maybe I was in the wrong mood or something but I did not find it to have much humor... maybe the series has run its course...

Maybe or maybe as I mentioned after seeing Wonder Park, is this the new trend? More though provoking less funny?

Snowman. I like this Sure it was a glorified SUV episode but it was very nicely shot, well acted with an engaging story line.