Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Took the Kids to see The Secret Life Of Pets 2 last night...meh...a film that really didn't have to be made and felt like 3 or 4 films in 1 to make it feature length...amazed that Han Solo signed up for this one to be honest...kids loved it of course  :)

Hannah Montana was on TV and I watched it.

The one where she goes back home. Was actually ok. 

Filled the expected formula and was easy watching

I need to get a life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony
17 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Hellboy (2019) - this one was savaged by critics but I thought it was decent....not as good as the 2 previous Hellboy flicks but not as bad as the critics would have you believe...

Yes, yes it is as bad as the critics will have you believe. Some of the worst editing I've ever seen. Scenes jumped all over the fucking place. Some praised it for being simply a good gory action flick... But the action was unexciting. How do you make a fight scene with three giant trolls so fucking boring?? Also, one of the worst soundtracks I've heard. Maybe the worst. Some good acting, but also some shit acting. And sketchy British accents. And the CG was shit. 

All of this might be forgivable if it were a low budget indie film, but this was a 50 million Hollywood production. 

And I haven't even touched on how it betrayed its source material. What we saw was not a Hellboy film. It was some abomination. 

Toy Story 4

the kids loved it,it was ok for me also,but the animation is amazing,just keeps getting better and better and more realistic...especially when you look back at the 1st movie which pretty much got the animated flicks started.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 1:59 PM, Dead Planet said:

Alita Battle Angel (2019) - this was pretty good...assuming you like scifi and lots of cgi....it does however have an ending that sets up for a sequel which is mildly irritating....

Watched it last night and totally agree. It seemed to end to quickly. Still like it though. Im betting we wont see a sequel for a couple years, IF at all. ;)

Men In Black International (2019) - it was okay...just not the same without Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones...

Godzilla : King Of The Monsters (2019) - I can understand why some people didn't care for this....it's not as good as the last film, mainly because the story is really weak, very poor writing but if you like these sorts of films it is watchable...hopefully Godzilla vs Kong is better....

45 minutes ago, metaltrekman said:

Watched it last night and totally agree. It seemed to end to quickly. Still like it though. Im betting we wont see a sequel for a couple years, IF at all. ;)

I expect a sequel mainly because it is a James Cameron series and he wants to do it and he has the pull to do whatever he wants in the industry...but it will be several years because he is so busy...

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I expect a sequel mainly because it is a James Cameron series and he wants to do it and he has the pull to do whatever he wants in the industry...but it will be several years because he is so busy...

I didn't know it was a James Cameron film. Can someone please tell to stop fucking around, and finish the Avatar series already?!?

19 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I didn't know it was a James Cameron film. Can someone please tell to stop fucking around, and finish the Avatar series already?!?

Yeah, we have waited a long time for the Avatar films.....due 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027.....

The Oath

This one is pretty black with its humor, which the film is touted as a comedy. Danced all over that with gobs of violence and uncomfortable bits. Worth a watch if you are looking for a film with some current political topics and worries and it was shot quite well. But don't go in looking for gobs of funny as its buried pretty deep.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:07 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I was going to say that too. As much as I enjoyed Alita, I want Avatar II. Here is a little update. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1630029/?ref_=nv_sr_3?ref_=nv_sr_3

Edited by metaltrekman

Ive been a fan of Linda's and loved her music for over 40 years. She is a true music icon, especially for women in rock. Deserving Every award and accolade she has received! Very sad to see she had to retire in 2011 because of Parkinsons. :( I probably wont go to the theater, but will watch it when it releases on DVD.

Edited by metaltrekman

Rutger Hauer has recently passed away, good actor, will watch and rewatch a few of his movies. RIP

Watched Flesh & Blood (1985) with him, nice movie from my childhood. Jennifer Jason Leigh is nude in almost every scene. She and Rutger were also in The Hitcher (1986) together.

Edited by Invisible_man

La Femme Nikita (1990) - saw the American remake a  long time ago, so decided to see the French original. Nice movie...

My Tutor (1983) - goofy 80's sex teen comedy, saw it a long time ago, pleasant nostalgic 80's flick.

Seven in Heaven (2018) -  an ok thriller for teens, good idea but could have been better I think

Mortal Engines (2018) - nice science fiction movie

Green Book (2018) - serious topic but movie had some nice funny moments too, good movie

Edited by Invisible_man