Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

4 hours ago, martinsane said:

Maybe or maybe as I mentioned after seeing Wonder Park, is this the new trend? More though provoking less funny?

Snowman. I like this Sure it was a glorified SUV episode but it was very nicely shot, well acted with an engaging story line.

I didn't care for Wonder Park either...it seems they are more interested in getting across some social issue rather than making a funny flick...

Actually saw a small handful lately;

The Meg - rubbish. I wanted to tap out but I stick with these things when I get started. Just a standard action / killer shark type of film. Bad acting and dialogue... just poor. But watchable, I guess. Just wished I was watching something else.

10 Cloverfield Lane - now this was cool. Had me hooked and intrigued, and kept me hooked and intrigued. And on edge at times too. Good stuff.

Annihilation - very cool too. Didn't really take my eyes of the screen for the duration of this one. Very engaging story and I thought it was a very fine film. Two thumbs up. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Dead Don't Die - pretty shit. Like a Cohen brothers film. Boring

In The Shadow Of The Moon - pretty good, developed well, didn't pick the ending, worth a watch

Running With The Devil - pretty shitty all round

On 7/11/2019 at 7:45 PM, Dead Planet said:

Hellboy (2019) - this one was savaged by critics but I thought it was decent....not as good as the 2 previous Hellboy flicks but not as bad as the critics would have you believe...

new Hellboy was a fun movie, I liked it :)

Edited by Invisible_man

• My Little Pony
1 minute ago, nyoilers said:

It-Chapter 2

A very long movie but it did keep my interest for the 2 hours and 50 minutes.

It's not been getting the greatest reviews. How does it compare to Chapter 1?

Grandma's Boy - A typical R rated affair from the Sandler camp. I hadn't heard about this early 2k release but it was well acted and filmed and full of cameos and off color humor. Worth a watch for the grandma's.

Ma - Watchable albeit simple little revenge thriller. Surprised by a couple of moves to keep it R rated in a day and age were PG13 is the norm and this one could have been easily snipped here and there to accommodate.

• 2023 Gold Donors
18 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

It's not been getting the greatest reviews. How does it compare to Chapter 1?

Not as good as Chapter 1.But there were some scary moments .The movie should've been shorter or they should have milked another movie out of it.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:59 AM, Dead Planet said:

Alita Battle Angel (2019) - this was pretty good...assuming you like scifi and lots of cgi....it does however have an ending that sets up for a sequel which is mildly irritating....

Alita Battle Angel (2019)  - a fun and engaging science fiction movie, I am a bit surprised at how small Edward Norton's part was

Parasite (Gisaengchung) (2019) - interesting South Korean drama, suspense and even comedy, a kind of commentary on class struggle, definitely something different and kept me engaged till the end

Edited by Invisible_man

Just returned from overseas so had time for a bunch of movies

Stuber - pretty funny, easy to watch, really enjoyed it.

Mystify Michael Hutchence - this was really good. A documentary, it goes deeper into the issues he had that ultimately caused his suicide. Apparently the other band members were unaware of what really happened until they saw this.

Yesterday - OK, happy to watch this. Fairly fun, but pretty much as you'd seen in the previews

Richard Says Goodbye - Johnny Depp film, was ok, the dialogue was a little too much like the Gilmour Girls for me.

Toy Story 4 - Pretty average. Probably more enjoyable when I watched with my younger kids

Men In Black International - meh, pretty boring. Was tired and kept on falling asleep. Didn't make it through it.

Spiderman Far From Home - pretty average, but I guess the Marvel movies have poretty high expectations these days. Nothing I hadn't seen before

Midsommar - pretty boring and predicatble. Poor clone of Wicker Man.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 2:18 PM, CureTheSane said:

Just returned from overseas so had time for a bunch of movies

Stuber - pretty funny, easy to watch, really enjoyed it.

Mystify Michael Hutchence - this was really good. A documentary, it goes deeper into the issues he had that ultimately caused his suicide. Apparently the other band members were unaware of what really happened until they saw this.

Yesterday - OK, happy to watch this. Fairly fun, but pretty much as you'd seen in the previews

Richard Says Goodbye - Johnny Depp film, was ok, the dialogue was a little too much like the Gilmour Girls for me.

Toy Story 4 - Pretty average. Probably more enjoyable when I watched with my younger kids

Men In Black International - meh, pretty boring. Was tired and kept on falling asleep. Didn't make it through it.

Spiderman Far From Home - pretty average, but I guess the Marvel movies have poretty high expectations these days. Nothing I hadn't seen before

Midsommar - pretty boring and predicatble. Poor clone of Wicker Man.

Yeah, here's my rundown from my recent trip overseas. How good are movies on the plane??!! Only time I get to watch movies anymore. Let's see if I can remember;

Serenity - absolutely loved this. Actually shed a tear at the end on a crowded plane. Haha. But it really got to me at the end. Anyone seen this one? With Matthew McConaughey. 

The Martian - very cool. I enjoyed this. Matt Damon always delivers. 

Captive State - sweet christ this was painful. I only sat through the second half of it because we were close to landing and I couldn't have started a new film - but absolute rubbish. So bland.

The Revenant - wanted to see this for so long, and I enjoyed it. Excellent cinematography. 

Destroyer - cool film with Nicole Kidman looking like a cracked sac. Jeez she looked atrocious, for the role. But the film was cool. I dug it.

Glass - I actually started this late in the flight on the way home and had to revisit a couple of nights later to see how it ended. Started out really cool, but in the end I wasn't overly into it. Pretty cool, though, I guess. 

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, here's my rundown from my recent trip overseas. How good are movies on the plane??!! Only time I get to watch movies anymore. Let's see if I can remember;

Serenity - absolutely loved this. Actually shed a tear at the end on a crowded plane. Haha. But it really got to me at the end. Anyone seen this one? With Matthew McConaughey. 

Captive State - sweet christ this was painful. I only sat through the second half of it because we were close to landing and I couldn't have started a new film - but absolute rubbish. So bland.

The Revenant - wanted to see this for so long, and I enjoyed it. Excellent cinematography. 

Destroyer - cool film with Nicole Kidman looking like a cracked sac. Jeez she looked atrocious, for the role. But the film was cool. I dug it.

Glass - I actually started this late in the flight on the way home and had to revisit a couple of nights later to see how it ended. Started out really cool, but in the end I wasn't overly into it. Pretty cool, though, I guess. 

Serenity got 20% on rotten tomatoes 

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Serenity got 20% on rotten tomatoes 

And that is why I don't acknowledge Rotten Tomatoes. It was a pretty confusing and not-for-everyone type of film, but I really enjoyed it and it struck a chord. For the record, my wife hated it. 

32 minutes ago, Geoff said:

And that is why I don't acknowledge Rotten Tomatoes. It was a pretty confusing and not-for-everyone type of film, but I really enjoyed it and it struck a chord. For the record, my wife hated it. 

Rotten Tomatoes is a useless site IMO as they shit on good movies and praise shit movies...I use IMDB , of course IMDB ratings are useless unless there is at least 500 reviews as there are a lot of fake reviews when a flick first comes out...

• Like 1

I dunno guys. pretty much every film under 40 % on RM is usually pretty shit in my experience. 

I agree with most over 90%

There are a few exceptions of course 

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

Just out of curiosity...but how long was the plane journey? 6 movies and the Revenant is on for a far bit...it would probably cover me to and from España on its todd lol.

Edited by lettard

8 hours ago, lettard said:

Just out of curiosity...but how long was the plane journey? 6 movies and the Revenant is on for a far bit...it would probably cover me to and from España on its todd lol.

Haha, that's two flights, I should mention. 9 hours to Ho Chi Minh City, and then 10 hours back home from Hanoi. :) 

The Martian and The Revenant were both well over two hours. I actually don't think any movie was under two hours. :( The trip back featured a brief sleep too... plus distractions with kids along the way. 

8 hours ago, Glen said:

I dunno guys. pretty much every film under 40 % on RM is usually pretty shit in my experience. 

I agree with most over 90%

There are a few exceptions of course 

I wouldn't be able to comment on it's accuracy as I never look at that sort of stuff unless a film really interests me and I feel the need to read up some more on it afterwards. But the fact that Serenity, which I liked, only got 20%, pretty much says all I need to know. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha, that's two flights, I should mention. 9 hours to Ho Chi Minh City, and then 10 hours back home from Hanoi. :) 

The Martian and The Revenant were both well over two hours. I actually don't think any movie was under two hours. :( The trip back featured a brief sleep too... plus distractions with kids along the way. 

I wouldn't be able to comment on it's accuracy as I never look at that sort of stuff unless a film really interests me and I feel the need to read up some more on it afterwards. But the fact that Serenity, which I liked, only got 20%, pretty much says all I need to know. 

it's just people voting.....not a review site. if that makes sense. average score for everyone that's seen it. 

Zombieland 2 - saw this at the movies as I had time to kill today. Pretty good. Better than the original which I liked, so you can't ask for more than that.

The Lion King - pretty average. Elton John was right when he said the music really let it doen.

Shaft - The original remake before I saw the sequel. Held up pretty well. Tough and funny.

Shaft - the new one. Done pretty well keeping the story going. Enjoyed it.

Godzilla, part 1 of the reboot. Still enjoyed it, held up well.

Godzilla the latest one - this was pretty shit. In fact very shit. Trying to be transformers but dodn't make it. Full of mist and smog all the time to hide crappy effects. No real story for the monsters, and just went a step too far. Wasn't really about godzilla.

Side note, I saw somewhere that some musician mentioned that Gojira was the most important metal band at the moment, so I checked them out. Not for me, too heavy and boring. But it was a weird name so I googled what it meant and apparently it is the correct name for Godzilla.