66 mustang

Cuban Fury :)

I liked it

Revenge Of The Nerds

Love it

A Million Ways To Die In The West

"Christine" (1983)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O08w8CegEeg

John Carpenter directs Stephen King's touching tale of a high school nerd (a perfectly creepy Keith Gordon) and his lethal love affair with a demonic 1958 Plymouth Fury. It takes a little while to get goin' but overall it's still one of the better King adaptations.

Paddington (with the kids, honest) ... certainly not as awful as I was expecting, with the added bonus of Nicole Kidman playing the baddie ;)

Paddington (with the kids, honest) ... certainly not as awful as I was expecting, with the added bonus of Nicole Kidman playing the baddie ;)

:agree:

Much better than I expected too. Really fun film.

"3 Days of the Condor" (1975)

An old school political/spy thriller, with Robert Redford as a CIA researcher who unwittingly uncovers a secret plot within the "agency," which makes him a target for elimination.

Back To The Future.

Milk.

Biopic of Harvey Milk, gay rights campaigner in 1970s San Francisco. Brilliant film, bit depressing (as are most studies of human nature).

• My Little Pony

Jupiter Ascending

&

Chappie

Chappie is good as to be expected. Jupiter was meh.

Yeah, I was really hoping Jupiter Ascending would be decent, but I read the plot and that was bad enough. Not even gonna bother with it. Chappie, I already said how I felt back when it first released.

"Alien Resurrection" (1997)

200 years after her "death" in "Alien 3," Ellen Ripley lives again - as a clone produced by some space-station scientists with nefarious plans for the Alien embryo they've taken from her body. Naturally, things soon go horribly wrong and Ripley and her new space-pirate friends (who include Ron "Hellboy" Perlman, Michael "Bad Guy From The Crow" Wincott and a seemingly-miscast Winona Ryder) must stop the now-infested station from reaching Earth.
I saw this once before when it first hit video in the late 90s and didn't remember much about it at all aside from a vague feeling that I didn't like it much. This time out I'd say it's better than I remembered, it's nowhere near as good as the first two "Alien" flicks but it's a definite improvement over the disappointing "3."

"Alien Resurrection" (1997)

200 years after her "death" in "Alien 3," Ellen Ripley lives again - as a clone produced by some space-station scientists with nefarious plans for the Alien embryo they've taken from her body. Naturally, things soon go horribly wrong and Ripley and her new space-pirate friends (who include Ron "Hellboy" Perlman, Michael "Bad Guy From The Crow" Wincott and a seemingly-miscast Winona Ryder) must stop the now-infested station from reaching Earth.

I saw this once before when it first hit video in the late 90s and didn't remember much about it at all aside from a vague feeling that I didn't like it much. This time out I'd say it's better than I remembered, it's nowhere near as good as the first two "Alien" flicks but it's a definite improvement over the disappointing "3."

I thought this was a terrible film ... I love the first three 'Alien' films (I think I like the third one primarily because most of the actors are English, and I've seen them in some very un-Alien like programmes, which always makes me chuckle), but 'Resurrection' will never sully my DVD player again ...

Off to see the Minion movie tonight with my better half and (between us) five kids ... my youngest daughter wants to see 'Jurassic World' :popcorn:

"Batman: Assault on Arkham" (2014)

In this ultra-violent new DC Animated Universe flick, a shadowy government agency recruits a group of villains - dubbed "The Suicide Squad" - to break into Arkham Asylum and steal property belonging to The Riddler. Naturally he doesn't take kindly to that idea. The Joker makes things worse when he sees his former sidekick Harley Quinn in the Squad and decides to get in on the action too. Eventually a visit from the Dark Knight is required to clean up the mess. Nicely animated as usual with an impressive voice cast, this is not a cartoon for the kiddies.

• My Little Pony

Off to see the Minion movie tonight with my better half and (between us) five kids ... my youngest daughter wants to see 'Jurassic World' :popcorn:

Jurassic World on Saturday, not bad...

Yeah, Jurassic World was decent. No real complaints, but it's also not something I'll ever watch again.

I'm curious to know what the Minions movie is like. Let us know, Gibs.

Minions (took the wife & kids last night)

Enjoyed it,I mean its a film full of minions so whats not to like,although it to me wasn't as good as the DM movies,looking forward to part 3 of that in 2017 :) still enjoyable though and my boys loved it which is what mattered,it all ties in nicely ;)

"Johnny Dangerously" (1984)

Michael Keaton stars in this "Airplane!"-esque slapstick send up of '30s gangster movies, as a nice-guy hood who rises to the top of the New York rackets. Lots of silly, endlessly quotable fun with a great cast incl. Peter Boyle, Joe Piscopo, Maureen Stapleton and a smokin' hot Marilu Henner.

Jurassic World on Saturday, not bad...

Yeah, Jurassic World was decent. No real complaints, but it's also not something I'll ever watch again.

I'm curious to know what the Minions movie is like. Let us know, Gibs.

I was worried that the Minions film might just be a step too far, but it was actually very good ... as with the 'Despicable Me' films, there's plenty of stuff going on in the background, and Sandra Bullock is great as the villain of the piece ... the kids LOVED it (we had five kids with us - the eldest is 17, the youngest is 11) ... go see it :)