Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"The Expendables 2" (2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rkdTcQLwZ4

Sly Stallone and his crew of aging mercenaries travel to Eastern Europe to shut down a supervillain (Jean Claude Van Damme) who's digging up a stash of decommissioned Russian plutonium. Naturally, lotsa bullets fly, things crash and stuff blows up. Good, mindless fun, with the added bonus of being a "spot the action star" game. ("Look, it's Chuck Norris! Hey, it's Arnie! Wow, it's Jean Claude Van Damme!")

I liked it.

220px-Paperhouse.jpg

Not bad, but not nearly as spooky as I remember it. Quite dated, with some truly awful dubbing.

Sly Stallone and his crew of aging mercenaries travel to Eastern Europe to shut down a supervillain (Jean Claude Van Damme) who's digging up a stash of decommissioned Russian plutonium. Naturally, lotsa bullets fly, things crash and stuff blows up. Good, mindless fun, with the added bonus of being a "spot the action star" game. ("Look, it's Chuck Norris! Hey, it's Arnie! Wow, it's Jean Claude Van Damme!")

I liked it.

I liked it too, but I gotta say... I was astounded at how old Jean-Claude Van Damme looks nowadays.

Meanwhile, Chuck Norris (who's a good 20 years older than JCVD) looked like he hadn't aged a day! :rofl2:

Kill%20List.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1320617475049

This film has loads of very positive reviews, but I thought it was terrible. One of the worst films I've ever seen. The ending is f***ing ridiculous, not at all explained and rather than being a film you have to reflect on and work out, even the director has apparently admitted that he doesn't know what it all means. Can't believe I wasted an hour and a half watching this utter nonsense. :angryfire:

Battleship....MUCH better than I thought.

"Alone in the Dark" (2005)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEBHAnrcfUQ

A paranormal investigator (Christian Slater) and a museum researcher (Tara Reid) must save the world from an invasion by carnivorous other-dimensional creatures in this video game based turkey from the infamous Uwe Boll. The story is a mess, the script is nonexistent, the effects suck, and for a supposed "action" movie, it moves at an absolute snails pace.

This flick wants to be an action extravaganza like "Resident Evil," but it turned out more like a ripoff of the first "Alien Vs Predator" flick... without any predators... But with a heaping helping of extra stupid.

A paranormal investigator (Christian Slater) and a museum researcher (Tara Reid) must save the world from an invasion by carnivorous other-dimensional creatures in this video game based turkey from the infamous Uwe Boll. The story is a mess, the script is nonexistent, the effects suck, and for a supposed "action" movie, it moves at an absolute snails pace.

This flick wants to be an action extravaganza like "Resident Evil," but it turned out more like a ripoff of the first "Alien Vs Predator" flick... without any predators... But with a heaping helping of extra stupid.

When this was frist being released I had high hopes based on the cast but what a pile of shit that movie was.

Iron Man III

Verdict? I've heard it's the best one yet ... what d'ya reckon?

Saw it over a week ago and loved it. Wouldnt necessarily say its the best, but defo on a par with the previous outputs.

Have only seen a couple of negative comments from friends, but I tend to ignore them as they say everything is shit or a let down.

There is some whining from the die hard fanboys due to certain aspects of the story (which I wont post spoilers on), but they need to get over themselves and realise that no comic book based adaptation is gonna be spot on, and is always gonna take liberties with the characters etc.

Only thing I thought was a bit of a let down was the 3D. Not that it was bad, just that it was a bit of a non event really, and I forgot I was even watching a 3D film most of the time.

When this was frist being released I had high hopes based on the cast but what a pile of shit that movie was.

Ooooh yeah, I'd heard it was bad but I never dreamed how bad. :rofl2:

The only thing it had goin' for it was that it was made while Tara Reid was still hot... before she became a hot mess. :lol:

The remake of Red Dawn, not that I managed to watch all this turgid heap of crap!!

Why would you do that to yourself? :(

is it really that bad?

There aren't enough words to describe just what a waste of time the film is ...

Blimey.........

I know, I know ... I really shouldn't sit on the fence ...

Is it really that grim.....

Hm ... if you haven't seen the original film, then you might enjoy it ... but I have, and I didn't. The re-make is all a little too 'gung-ho' and jingoistic for my liking - now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a 'good vs evil/put your common sense on hold/give the bad guys a good kicking' film as much as the next man, but the remake has lost a lot of the 'humanity' that the original film had ... plus, with this version, I found that I really didn't care if the heroes of the piece lived or died. In fact, I found myself hoping that some of them would meet an untimely end before the credits rolled ...

watched this today and it isn't bad. I did enjoy it and didn't feel like a waste of time

Yea I liked this too.. Good mindless fun!! I STILL can't believe Chuck Norris is what... 70?? He sure doesn't look it.... WIll be seeing Expendables 3 when it comes out too.... :tumbsup:

61FIKhoQUKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Classic!

Also the first and last time Keanu Reeves didn't make me want to smash the TV! :D

Sophie-Scholl-The-Final-Days.jpg

True story of a German resistance movement during WWII. One of those very good, but rather depressing films. The battle of wits between Scholl and Mohr is brilliantly done, especially as he clearly begrudgingly likes her. Probably some poetic licence used there, but it works really well. Recommended to anyone interested in the subject matter.

Iron Man III

Verdict? I've heard it's the best one yet ... what d'ya reckon?

Saw it over a week ago and loved it. Wouldnt necessarily say its the best, but defo on a par with the previous outputs.

Have only seen a couple of negative comments from friends, but I tend to ignore them as they say everything is shit or a let down.

There is some whining from the die hard fanboys due to certain aspects of the story (which I wont post spoilers on), but they need to get over themselves and realise that no comic book based adaptation is gonna be spot on, and is always gonna take liberties with the characters etc.

Only thing I thought was a bit of a let down was the 3D. Not that it was bad, just that it was a bit of a non event really, and I forgot I was even watching a 3D film most of the time.

Absolutely backed! It's a great film.

RDJ is so good in that roll.

We saw it in 2D. With that much action 3D is always gonna suffer - even blurry at times ive heard. 2D was perfectly fine.

If you see it wait til after the credits cos there an amusing scene at the end.

Nice!

Love this movie... but to this day, no matter WHAT movie I see Keanu Reeves in, I sit there expecting to hear him end every sentence with "Dude." :rofl2:

Love this movie... but to this day, no matter WHAT movie I see Keanu Reeves in, I sit there expecting to hear him end every sentence with "Dude." :rofl2:

lol

'all we are is dust in the wind, dude' and Socrates joined them :D

searchingforsugarman1.jpg

Unbelievable. This film is so good I can't do it justice. Really moving, beautifully filmed, a brilliant, brilliant documentary about a supremely talented musician. I honestly believe that anyone who loves music should see this. I won't say any more about the subject matter, as it could spoil the wonderful experience of watching for the first time. 10/10; absolutely fantastic.

Brilliant,Ive just watched Waynes World....schwiiing :)

Another good one!