new Eclipse single out 05/26

Scorp2121

It's a fun tune. Not bad by any means.

But it doesn't really sounds like a total departure from what we're used to from Eclipse, to me.

If this was the first single from a new band, it wouldn't bother me. 

But since I've grown accustomed to, let's say, a certain quality standard when it comes to Eclipse's music, it just doesn't sound right.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CMGiordano said:

But it doesn't really sounds like a total departure from what we're used to from Eclipse, to me.

That's a typo that's gonna bother me for a while. :blink:

I should do a better job a proofreading.

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 minutes ago, CMGiordano said:

That's a typo that's gonna bother me for a while. :blink:

I should do a better job a proofreading.

You should've just edited it mate.

I do it all the time.

On 7/29/2023 at 10:31 AM, Darkstone said:

You should've just edited it mate.

I do it all the time.

For whatever reason, I don't have that option.

I can report or share, but there's no edit button in this part of the forum for me. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, CMGiordano said:

I can report or share, but there's no edit button in this part of the forum for me. 

No edit option with the 3 dots in the top right hand corner of your post? 

Edited by Darkstone

8 hours ago, CMGiordano said:

You're not a donor on this forum. Make a minimum of $20 donation and you'll get the edit option.

51 minutes ago, Stefan said:

You're not a donor on this forum. Make a minimum of $20 donation and you'll get the edit option.

Did this change recently? Because I was able to edit posts previously.

Not a big deal either way. Thanks for clearing up the confusion!

10 minutes ago, CMGiordano said:

Did this change recently? Because I was able to edit posts previously.

Not a big deal either way. Thanks for clearing up the confusion!

I guess there was/or still is a time limit. When you make a donation you'll get an unlimited edit time.

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Y&TForever said:

I’m absolutely shocked my copy came in the mail today…listening now.  Gonna try to give it a spin a few times today. 

Nice one :drink: ...my usual supplier hasn't made it available yet for order :( 

On 8/30/2023 at 3:18 PM, Y&TForever said:

And there are going to be some people that get bent out of shape with “Anthem”….

I like Anthem.....bit different sounding to me which is needed on this album to break up the pace a bit.  

Overall....agree that the album doesn't blow me away but is still a decent album that mostly just continues what they did on the last album (albiet in a lesser way).  Most of it is just a 38 minute blitz of familiar feeling melodic rockers with no ballads which is fine with me.

I think my favorite song here is probably Children of The Night.  Least favorite is High Road.  I just don't want to hear another guy in the band doing lead vocals.  Anthem and The Broken are interesting as they sort of break up the pace a bit.  Most everything else just feels like fairly standard Eclipse rockers that we've heard plenty of times before.  And I guess that's probably going to be my main problem with it.

We'll see where it settles with more listens.   

Edited by tts42572

Oof, this isn't very good. All of the songs are just extremely average (except the opener, I liked that one) with The Broken particularly stinky. Where did all the juice from the previous album go?

Can't wait for the new Vega to drop next week and remind us how it's supposed to be done...

Edited by Eric3

Ok, My 2 cents. I've given this 3 full spins(the last reading along with the lyrics) This sounds like Eclipse to me with maybe a few different "styles" thrown in. I'm enjoying it although it is at the bottom of the list from their catalog. For me the issue is the songs are not as strong as past, NOT that they changed their style, like I said it sounds like Eclipse to me.

• Like 1

Nice to see some more balanced commentary here. I was listening to this and I rarely do this, but I went to Google while I was listening, to read reviews to see if other people were hearing what I was hearing. But all the reviews at the top of the Google search all gave this album bland, seemingly pre-written vanilla praise. 

And don't get me wrong. To each their own. But it seriously seemed like half the reviews were lifted from a previous review of the band, and they just put in new songs names and a few minor details about the new album. 

Before I mention what I still can't wrap my head around that I've not seen it mentioned anymore, I'll mention the songs. They're shit, lol, imo. Not every single one, but I don't love one song on here, which is very strange for Eclipse. Usually I might leave one or two, maybe three cuts off an Eclipse album when I collate my yearly playlist. But this time I'm flipping it and there's only five songs from here I'll add to my playlist... and to be honest, none I'm too excited about at all. 'The Hardest Part Is Losing You,' 'Got It!' 'Hearts Collide,' 'So Long, Farewell, Goodbye' and 'One Step Closer to You' are all pretty decent songs, but I must say it. On any other Eclipse album, they would easily be the weakest songs. I cling to them here because they're the best, but it's off a pretty bland bunch of songs. Put these on any other Eclipse album and I'm probably skipping them over. 

Like a few of you have mentioned above, for me, this is easily Eclipse's worst album. Amazed reviews on the net seem to be saying the opposite. 

Anyway, the thing I haven't really seen mentioned at all yet, which has me wondering if I'm hearing things... but what's happened with Eric's voice? Don't get me wrong - not saying it's good or bad (unlike the songs). But am I the only one that thinks he sounds completely different? I'm no vocal coach so I don't know the inner workings of tones and registers and stuff like that... but to me he sounds so different on this one. If I had to say in my simple terms, he sounds "flatter" and I guess less "fiesty" than he usually sounds. More dull, perhaps? I dunno, but it was instant for me and I couldn't shake it. Legit caught myself wondering a few times on the album if there was a different vocalist at times. And it turns out the bassist does sing one of the songs, but what about the other 10? Was he trying to copy his bassist's voice, lol? 

Guessing I'm alone on this last point, but anyone else hearing what I am? 

Either way, super disappointing album from what has to this point been a rock solid reliable band. I guess no one's invincible. 

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 11:00 PM, Geoff said:

Nice to see some more balanced commentary here. I was listening to this and I rarely do this, but I went to Google while I was listening, to read reviews to see if other people were hearing what I was hearing. But all the reviews at the top of the Google search all gave this album bland, seemingly pre-written vanilla praise. 

And don't get me wrong. To each their own. But it seriously seemed like half the reviews were lifted from a previous review of the band, and they just put in new songs names and a few minor details about the new album. 

Before I mention what I still can't wrap my head around that I've not seen it mentioned anymore, I'll mention the songs. They're shit, lol, imo. Not every single one, but I don't love one song on here, which is very strange for Eclipse. Usually I might leave one or two, maybe three cuts off an Eclipse album when I collate my yearly playlist. But this time I'm flipping it and there's only five songs from here I'll add to my playlist... and to be honest, none I'm too excited about at all. 'The Hardest Part Is Losing You,' 'Got It!' 'Hearts Collide,' 'So Long, Farewell, Goodbye' and 'One Step Closer to You' are all pretty decent songs, but I must say it. On any other Eclipse album, they would easily be the weakest songs. I cling to them here because they're the best, but it's off a pretty bland bunch of songs. Put these on any other Eclipse album and I'm probably skipping them over. 

Like a few of you have mentioned above, for me, this is easily Eclipse's worst album. Amazed reviews on the net seem to be saying the opposite. 

Anyway, the thing I haven't really seen mentioned at all yet, which has me wondering if I'm hearing things... but what's happened with Eric's voice? Don't get me wrong - not saying it's good or bad (unlike the songs). But am I the only one that thinks he sounds completely different? I'm no vocal coach so I don't know the inner workings of tones and registers and stuff like that... but to me he sounds so different on this one. If I had to say in my simple terms, he sounds "flatter" and I guess less "fiesty" than he usually sounds. More dull, perhaps? I dunno, but it was instant for me and I couldn't shake it. Legit caught myself wondering a few times on the album if there was a different vocalist at times. And it turns out the bassist does sing one of the songs, but what about the other 10? Was he trying to copy his bassist's voice, lol? 

Guessing I'm alone on this last point, but anyone else hearing what I am? 

Either way, super disappointing album from what has to this point been a rock solid reliable band. I guess no one's invincible. 

Absolutely agree on the songs...I think that's the biggest problem for me....The songs just aren't very interesting or memorable.    I've only added 2 songs into into my "favorites" playlist (Hardest Part is Losing You and Children of the Night).  

It's a good, quick fix type of album that sounds fine but just not much really standing out.

And as for many of those reviews, I swear many of the reviewers are afraid even say anything negative anymore for fear that they'll stop getting asked to review albums and thereby getting advance copies. 

As to Eric's voice....Guess I'm not hearing too much different there.  I wonder if it's just the structure of these songs that sort of pushed him into a certain way of singing?  I mean, there's just not many big, melodic moments in these songs and they're mostly just 3 minute blitzes with similar templates.

It's still a decent album but as I've started thinking about where I'd rank it in their discography, it definitely would be behind Armageddonize, Bleed & Scream, Wired, Monumentum and Are You Ready To Rock.  I might put it ahead of Paradigm.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
18 hours ago, tts42572 said:

And as for many of those reviews, I swear many of the reviewers are afraid even say anything negative anymore for fear that they'll stop getting asked to review albums and thereby getting advance copies.

Possibly. But I think most people don't know how to be critical anymore. Take a look at the Melodic Mafia group on the FaceTubes: every new album is the best thing that could possibly exist at that moment. The only negativity comes from that one guy who constantly bitches about his songs not being used by anyone.