new Eclipse single out 05/26

Scorp2121

• My Little Pony
43 minutes ago, Scorp2121 said:

Heard all the samples of the new cd which will be out in September. to my ears a different type sound, not saying bad just different. single tomorrow sounds good with some modern touches.

Well, something different is what we've been wanting from these guys for years, so hopefully it's good. 

Heard the new tune...Good stuff although I can't say it sounds all that much different to me.  It still has that Nordic guitar sound and a familiar feel to it.

Either way, sounds like Eclipse to me ;) :headbanger:

Edited by tts42572

Wow, that was a lot better than I expected. Martensson has a great ear for melody (and he's a terrific producer as well, sonically everything he does sounds great) so it's nice to hear a song like this from him. I dig it.

Didn't see samples on Itunes yet but found short samples here:

http://www.melodic.net/album/eclipse-megalomanium

Tough to tell in 30 second samples but I'm kind of hearing a lot of stuff that reminds me of the Are You Ready To Rock album style-wise.

Sounding pretty good to me.

I guess if I really tried it may be a bit "different", but I really just hear Eclipse!

Appears the standard CD release of this is a digipak.  It's listed as a digi both on the bands web shop and on the Frontiers web site.

Wonder why?  Frontiers generally always uses jewel cases unless it's a double CD release.

I'm to the point where I'm passing on CD's that are in digipaks these days I dislike them so much.  Guess I'll have to look to Japan if I decide to buy this.  

On 5/29/2023 at 2:19 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I haven't looked forward to an Eclipse album in a long time, but this has got me excited. 

idk about you but Wired got me back into them.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty standard Eclipse song IMO.  Solid song but at the same time I can't say it's striking me all that much.  I guess my problem is this just sounds like a lot of other stuff they've done and don't really see this standing out in their catalog at all.

I thought I had read they were trying new things on this album but not really hearing that so far.

Will still be checking out the album though and album samples sounded pretty good.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel the same about this new song as I did the other two.

Decent & listenable.  But feels like very standard Eclipse to me. 

Still looking forward to the album though.  

Edited by tts42572