One Desire - new song from forthcoming album

Stefan

We're not even half way through the year and the releases thus far are off the hook. If the second half of the year is anything like the first half, the best of lists are going to be excruciating...

• Like 1

While I was blown away by the first album, I actually enjoyed the second even more... This is a high quality band. Finland has some pretty good bands right now. Almost second behind Sweden for quality from Europe.

• Like 1

For me that's probably better than most of the last album but I've just found myself turning lukewarm to these guys for some reason.  I guess there's just a lot of other bands I find myself liking way more than these guys so they don't end up exciting me much.

I love the new track.  It's no "Buried Alive" or "Hurt" but I dig it a lot.  The second album is really good but not on the level of the first.  I love these guys, though, and can't wait for the new album.

3 hours ago, tobi is an animal said:

I liked the first album, thought the second one was just ok, new single is just ok as well. They are still doing that thing from the last album where half the songs were a minute/minute and a half longer than it needed to be.

My thoughts exactly on the unnecessary long length of some of the songs. 

• Like 1

First album was great, the second even better and this new song bodes well for the new album

This blurb from the Frontiers FB page does not seem to indicate that a new studio album is coming any time soon:

This is a new song the band decided to record and release ahead of a very special performance they have this Saturday, June 18th. Read all about said performance below, which will be filmed/recorded and released on audio & video at a later date. And YES, the band is working on more new music for a new album too!
"Friends around the world we are very happy to tell you about something VERY cool that we have been working on for quite some time now. We are now today finally ready to reveal this exciting news that on June 18th you will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to see, hear, and experience One Desire like never before playing a unique live stadium set together with a symphony orchestra.
Yes indeed, the project is called One Desire Philharmonic Rock Orchestra and it is a custom made concept for this evening only. It is a huge collaboration between 50+ musicians, technicians, crew, arrangers, etc. Together we will perform songs from One Desire on this spectacular evening at Kvarkenfest Vaasa Elisa Stadium together with a 30+ piece orchestra featuring musicians from Wasa Sinfonietta. The show will be backed up by a full blown light and pyro show and more.
On top of all this we are filming this whole spectacle for a Blu-ray video that will be mixed in Dolby Surround. So if you guys wanna be in our next live video come out to Finland, Vasa Elisa Sium on June 18th. We promise it will be something you will remember for a long time!"

15 hours ago, Jez said:

First album was great, the second even better and this new song bodes well for the new album

Personally I would say they were equal in quality, but I am dumbfounded by comments like the album was not as consistant or the songs were too long. This isn't a hair metal band with 3 minute party anthems. I hardly think 5 or 6 minutes is too long.

To each their own as far as taste goes, but both their albums have been damn near perfection. And this is coming from someone more into hair metal and glam with their three minute party anthems.

• Like 2

Has anybody EVER sat back and listened to a hair metal or hard rock album and said to themselves, "man, i really wish they'd record this again but WITH A SYMPHONY"? Plenty of acts have done this and I can't think of even one where it was any good - and I played cello for six years.