1980 - Choose your album

auslander

22 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

Blizzard of Ozz and Heaven And Hell were great albums, but I'd have to go with Back in Black as my choice from '80

Pretty much the ultimate in Comeback Albums (even though it was only one year after the death of one of the world's greatest frontmen). 

Same for me. Back in Black.

Edited by auslander

One thing I have loved about posting these pictures, is even though they are tiny thumbnails and you can't read the text on most of the albums, the people on this forum never ask "what is such and such album". We know them all, and I am betting nearly all of us own at least 50% of those pictured from each year. It's freakin awesome!

Can't say that I really like any of these, to be completely honest, but if I had to pick my favourite of the lot it'd be Loverboy. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Black Sabbath with RJD, for me.

Thanks for these Auslander. 

I'm gonna distill it down even further, have a think about it, quote my choices over the decades and post my favourite track from each album and (if you could be bothered) I invite everyone else to do the same.

A much harder choice for some of them.

Not this one however.

The title track "Heaven and Hell".

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Can't say that I really like any of these, to be completely honest, but if I had to pick my favourite of the lot it'd be Loverboy. 

Pick an album Geoff, not your sexual preferences... have I been here long enough to make jokes like that yet? 😉

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, auslander said:

One thing I have loved about posting these pictures, is even though they are tiny thumbnails and you can't read the text on most of the albums, the people on this forum never ask "what is such and such album". We know them all, and I am betting nearly all of us own at least 50% of those pictured from each year. It's freakin awesome!

Yes, there's the odd spat every now and then, but it's threads like these that remind us of how much we all have in common and why we all ended up here.

Thanks again mate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, auslander said:

Pick an album Geoff, not your sexual preferences... have I been here long enough to make jokes like that yet? 😉

Been here long enough? I'm actually  offended that there wasn't a comment like that in your introduction post to the forum. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

'Turn me loose,' I say sheepishly.

But as noted above, I like the company of promiscuous men a lot more than I liked the music from 1980. 

• Haha 1

1980 was such an amazing year - those tiles are chock full of bona fide classics imo.

I'll tentatively say Back in Black, but I equally love the saxon. Sabbath, reo, motorhead & ozzy. 

All brilliant for me 

This year I was young and really not into hard rock yet.
So I missed a lot of these that never really made it over here.

For me, easily Maiden, followed by ACDC
Never a big ACDC fan, but for me this is their best album and it wasn't long after this that they got too samey for me to be interested. Obviously Bon stuff is also great.
Could never really get into Def Lep OTTN. I tried, but pretty sure I didn't get one keeper...

Touch - S/T!

Just joking, MSG of course.

I have 19 of these - only missing JJ.

Maiden debut is in my top 20 of all time so that's my choice. Just bought the remastered Loverboy recently which I never owned back in the day. Wish I'd heard it in 1980.

• Like 1

Saxon - Wheels Of Steel...THE best metal album ever recorded...

Such a brilliant year and such brilliant albums to choose from, many not included above. Of theses Sabbath, Girl, Judas Priest, Ozzy, ...all classics

• Like 1