Jump to content
tts42572

H.e.a.t - H.e.a.t II

Recommended Posts

I have to wait til Friday to hear it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dammit! Where are people hearing this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Dammit! Where are people hearing this??

you've only got a couple more days ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Glen said:

you've only got a couple more days ;)

 

That's too many couple more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering I would not include any songs from the first two albums in a H.E.A.T. playlist, I don't know how I feel about this.

Actually I do know, its Erik singing, bands rarely recapture their original sound and I love all the albums since Erik joined, so yeah I am probably gonna love this anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Considering I would not include any songs from the first two albums in a H.E.A.T. playlist, I don't know how I feel about this.

Actually I do know, its Erik singing, bands rarely recapture their original sound and I love all the albums since Erik joined, so yeah I am probably gonna love this anyway.

You and I are on the same page re: HEAT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Considering I would not include any songs from the first two albums in a H.E.A.T. playlist, I don't know how I feel about this.

Actually I do know, its Erik singing, bands rarely recapture their original sound and I love all the albums since Erik joined, so yeah I am probably gonna love this anyway.

 

I'm also on that page.  I think for me I never really paid much attention to these guys until Address The Nation came out and got into that big time.  Then I went back and started trying to get into the first couple albums and just never could.  Kenny can sing for sure but he just brings a different flavor that doesn't quite excite me for whatever reason.  I do like some songs from those first two albums though, especially when they do them live now.  I wish they'd re-record like a greatest hits of the first two albums with Erik on vocals or re-record some for bonus tracks.

That said, I'm pretty certain that if you like Gronwall era H.e.a.t, you'll dig the new tune.  To me the new one is basically just some combination of Address the Nation or Tearing Down the Walls stuff....In the vein of songs like Better Off Alone, Emergency, etc.  I guess it remains to be seen how the rest will shake out though.  

The most interesting thing to me is to see how they do without Tobias Lindell producing being that he's kinda been their Mutt Lange the past few albums.  If this first song is an indicator though, I think they'll be fine ;)   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first 2 albums are great imo, esp the debut.

I don't think they'll ever re record those songs out of respect to Kenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

 

I'm also on that page.  I think for me I never really paid much attention to these guys until Address The Nation came out and got into that big time.  Then I went back and started trying to get into the first couple albums and just never could.  Kenny can sing for sure but he just brings a different flavor that doesn't quite excite me for whatever reason.  I do like some songs from those first two albums though, especially when they do them live now.  I wish they'd re-record like a greatest hits of the first two albums with Erik on vocals or re-record some for bonus tracks.

That said, I'm pretty certain that if you like Gronwall era H.e.a.t, you'll dig the new tune.  To me the new one is basically just some combination of Address the Nation or Tearing Down the Walls stuff....In the vein of songs like Better Off Alone, Emergency, etc.  I guess it remains to be seen how the rest will shake out though.  

The most interesting thing to me is to see how they do without Tobias Lindell producing being that he's kinda been their Mutt Lange the past few albums.  If this first song is an indicator though, I think they'll be fine ;)   

My story with H.E.A.T. is kinda weird. I bought the first two albums after Kenny left but before Address the nation, plus also bought the two Erik solo albums. I loved the two Erik albums but just could not understand what was so special about those first two H.E.A.T. albums.

It was on the strength of those two solo albums that I decided to give the band another chance and preordered ATN, and was hooked from the off. Tried going back to the first two, but still for the life of me cannot say I find anything on them that memorable. Not bad albums or anything, just none of the songs hooked me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, just heard One by One on YouTube.  Great tune!  Rocks, yet maintains a nice melodic quality to it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Link? I'm not finding it on YT.

I didn't find it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sirlemonhead said:

It's unlisted for some reason - 

 

 

 

Thanks. Sounds pretty good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stuperb!

Imagery and lyrics would be a perfect theme for an old-school Jean Claude Van Damme movie right out of the '80s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid tune, but for those who slagged the new Eclipse....this could easily be one of their tracks from the sound to the cheesy 80’s never say die / fighting lyrics. 

2019 has not been a banner year for good lyrics in most of our usual favourite bands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good tune, and much more to my liking musically when compared to the initial couple singles off the last album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't help but imagine Kenny on vocals. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Solid tune, but for those who slagged the new Eclipse....this could easily be one of their tracks from the sound to the cheesy 80’s never say die / fighting lyrics. 

2019 has not been a banner year for good lyrics in most of our usual favourite bands. 

Questionable lyrics is definitely where the comparisons end, though. This tune is pretty killer. I don't mind the lyrics, personally, even if they're pretty basic. :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, it's top notch stuff. Did Dave have much writing input on the last album? I'm wondering if this is his first proper release since rejoining...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Solid tune, but for those who slagged the new Eclipse....this could easily be one of their tracks from the sound to the cheesy 80’s never say die / fighting lyrics. 

2019 has not been a banner year for good lyrics in most of our usual favourite bands. 

Lyrics Shmirics....with most of these bands, lyrics are never all that great.  If it sounds good to the ears, I'm good with it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this wipes the 3 eclipse tracks imho. different level 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

his could easily be one of their tracks from the sound to the cheesy 80’s never say die / fighting lyrics. 

 

Well this is Heavy Harmonies, the home of 80s rock.

Cheesy lyrics is what this whole genre was built on.

Makes in an automatic buy for me (well it already was, but you get my meaning).

 

Oh and yeah, this sounds like something that could have been on ATN. I knew all of this "throw back to the first two albums" stuff would end up being a load of old guff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Posts

    • Meh, I see Australia as mini-USA to a large degree. We follow most things from there. Overall I see it as kind of more dangerous in some areas. Thjere are things I don't like. I'd prefer non compulsory voting, like the US, I'd prefer a presidential system of government and am pro republic fo Australis (sever those ties with England), but there are many things here that I'd prefer to live with and I think are far better than in the USm\, nut most people would also say that their country is the best for a range of reasons.
    • The best country in the world myth is used as a political tool to make people think all is well and you're better here than anywhere else in the world. USA has this exceptionalism culture in politics and us brits have always had it too. Plenty of others use it.  Are they bad countries to live in? Certainly not. Best in the world? No metric shows that. Same with the 'land of opportunity'. A myth perpetuated to make people work hard. Reality remains that the most surefire way of being successful is having a rich father. 
    • Excellent job you are doing, Whiplash. Feel sorry, you will be having CDs in dreams.
    • I picked this one up many years ago after hearing 'One Night' which reminded me of Lynch Mob.Good Max Norman production job too. RIP Mick Zane.
    • I'm not saying the US is a bad place because it isn't...I think there have been a lot more people coming to Canada from the US than there is going from Canada to the US at least since 2016 lol...as for the best country I might pick one of the Scandinavian countries but like you I haven't been to that many places to be certain...
    • Easy Action -  That Makes One
    • Norm the Kangaroo ruled. where Claude the Crow  ( must be Red in feathers ).
    • I don't know about many other country's, but this one has all I could want, and more, don't know where this sentiment that the US is a bad place to live is, kind of makes me curious, I guess if you go to a good city, I don't see how it gets much better, if you go to a bad city, I'm pretty sure it's on the other end of the spectrum as far as a good city, if all these people come from South America, there is Mexico, Canada, Asia, Russia, Middle East, it's not like America is the only option, therefore it must be somewhere at the top, though not living in many other country's, I can't say one way or another.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.