H.e.a.t - H.e.a.t II

tts42572

Considering I would not include any songs from the first two albums in a H.E.A.T. playlist, I don't know how I feel about this.

Actually I do know, its Erik singing, bands rarely recapture their original sound and I love all the albums since Erik joined, so yeah I am probably gonna love this anyway.

7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Considering I would not include any songs from the first two albums in a H.E.A.T. playlist, I don't know how I feel about this.

Actually I do know, its Erik singing, bands rarely recapture their original sound and I love all the albums since Erik joined, so yeah I am probably gonna love this anyway.

You and I are on the same page re: HEAT.  

13 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I'm also on that page.  I think for me I never really paid much attention to these guys until Address The Nation came out and got into that big time.  Then I went back and started trying to get into the first couple albums and just never could.  Kenny can sing for sure but he just brings a different flavor that doesn't quite excite me for whatever reason.  I do like some songs from those first two albums though, especially when they do them live now.  I wish they'd re-record like a greatest hits of the first two albums with Erik on vocals or re-record some for bonus tracks.

That said, I'm pretty certain that if you like Gronwall era H.e.a.t, you'll dig the new tune.  To me the new one is basically just some combination of Address the Nation or Tearing Down the Walls stuff....In the vein of songs like Better Off Alone, Emergency, etc.  I guess it remains to be seen how the rest will shake out though.  

The most interesting thing to me is to see how they do without Tobias Lindell producing being that he's kinda been their Mutt Lange the past few albums.  If this first song is an indicator though, I think they'll be fine ;)   

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I'm also on that page.  I think for me I never really paid much attention to these guys until Address The Nation came out and got into that big time.  Then I went back and started trying to get into the first couple albums and just never could.  Kenny can sing for sure but he just brings a different flavor that doesn't quite excite me for whatever reason.  I do like some songs from those first two albums though, especially when they do them live now.  I wish they'd re-record like a greatest hits of the first two albums with Erik on vocals or re-record some for bonus tracks.

That said, I'm pretty certain that if you like Gronwall era H.e.a.t, you'll dig the new tune.  To me the new one is basically just some combination of Address the Nation or Tearing Down the Walls stuff....In the vein of songs like Better Off Alone, Emergency, etc.  I guess it remains to be seen how the rest will shake out though.  

The most interesting thing to me is to see how they do without Tobias Lindell producing being that he's kinda been their Mutt Lange the past few albums.  If this first song is an indicator though, I think they'll be fine ;)   

My story with H.E.A.T. is kinda weird. I bought the first two albums after Kenny left but before Address the nation, plus also bought the two Erik solo albums. I loved the two Erik albums but just could not understand what was so special about those first two H.E.A.T. albums.

It was on the strength of those two solo albums that I decided to give the band another chance and preordered ATN, and was hooked from the off. Tried going back to the first two, but still for the life of me cannot say I find anything on them that memorable. Not bad albums or anything, just none of the songs hooked me.

• Like 2

Solid tune, but for those who slagged the new Eclipse....this could easily be one of their tracks from the sound to the cheesy 80’s never say die / fighting lyrics. 

2019 has not been a banner year for good lyrics in most of our usual favourite bands. 

4 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Solid tune, but for those who slagged the new Eclipse....this could easily be one of their tracks from the sound to the cheesy 80’s never say die / fighting lyrics. 

2019 has not been a banner year for good lyrics in most of our usual favourite bands. 

Questionable lyrics is definitely where the comparisons end, though. This tune is pretty killer. I don't mind the lyrics, personally, even if they're pretty basic. :)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Lyrics Shmirics....with most of these bands, lyrics are never all that great.  If it sounds good to the ears, I'm good with it....

14 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

his could easily be one of their tracks from the sound to the cheesy 80’s never say die / fighting lyrics. 

Well this is Heavy Harmonies, the home of 80s rock.

Cheesy lyrics is what this whole genre was built on.

Makes in an automatic buy for me (well it already was, but you get my meaning).

Oh and yeah, this sounds like something that could have been on ATN. I knew all of this "throw back to the first two albums" stuff would end up being a load of old guff.