Fighter V - Fighter

Stefan

compressed_Fighter-V-Bandphoto-02.jpg

Produced by Jona Tee (H.E.A.T) and mixed by Tobias Lindell (H.E.A.T), the debut album 'Fighter' out October 11th.

From New Wave of Hair Metal's FB:

“Here’s some melodic hard rock from Switzerland. They used to be known as Hairdryer, but they changed their name as well as their sound is more mature, and in my opinion, improved. There is very nice 80’s influenced vibe to it. They’re called Fighter V. This is their first single from their up coming album due out on October 11th. It’s not sleaze metal, but I think a lot of you might enjoy it. Let me know what you think of this video in the comments.”

Fighter V:

David Niederberger - Vocals
Marco Troxler - Guitar
Luca Troxler - Bass
Lucien Egloff - Drums
Felix Commerell - Keyboards/Synthesizer

www.fighter-v.com

facebook.com

Edited by Stefan

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

Music and looks: yes.

Vocals: no

Could the vocals be better? Yes. But that will not stop me from checking it out and liking it.

• 2023 Gold Donors
10 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Music is cool, vocals are terrible. You get Erik from H.E.A.T. singing this and it would be magical.

Get Kenny Leckremo on vocals and then it would be magical.

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting to some threads I hadn't got around to yet due to time constraints and horrific band names, and finding many quite enjoyable. This sounds good too. Don't love the vocals, but they're not too bad. Sounds like something to keep an eye out for, for sure. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a good album. I listened to it alongside the new Eclipse album and this album both sounded better and I enjoyed the songs more. Not all of them - there's a second half dip... but the first 6 are great. And 'Into the night.' 

'Dangerous' and 'There she goes' are my favourites. 

• 3 weeks later...

There She Goes and Into the Night ended up being the only keepers for me.  I probably would have liked the album more with a different singer as most tracks had catchy melodies and sounded good musically.  The singer just didn't seem to be a good fit.  He reminded me more of a musical theater performer rather than someone fronting a melodic rock band.  With that said, if you don't mind his vocal delivery in the promo videos, then you may find this to be an enjoyable album, as I believe the band does have potential.

Edited by Crazysam

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I wonder what control they have over the releases? That have promoted the BMG individual releases. The 2009 reissues were by original label, EMI. And this boxset seems weird being issued by Cherry Red. And I have not seen the bands social media promote it at all. I wonder if the reason the BMG ones were lacking in the bonus tracks from the previous reissue was EMI holding onto the rights, but have now allowed Cherry Red to release them. I know EMI used to be the distributer for Cherry Red, so they may be more forthcoming with the material.  
    • Yep, cracking indie release of which there are so many but this one is actually really good.
    • I have been a Band Maid fan since their early days (2015) as I really don't mind foreign vocals as long as the music is great, but I always kinda avoided Babymetal as I saw a video of them once and really wasn't impressed with the kiddy vocals, so never gave them another chance. Fast forward to now and on the back of the collab with Electric Callboy I have decided to give them a go. I thought they had a huge discography as they have like 25 albums, but on closer inspection it is only four studio albums and 21 live albums. As I am not a fan of live albums anyway, I decided to buy the four studio albums as they are all quite cheap. Have to say there music is a mixed bag, but overall really enjoying a lot of it. Not sure if I just picked the wrong song to start with, or if it is just that I have adapted more due to getting into a lot of weird and wonderful foreign bands over the last few years, but I am glad I finally gave them a proper go. Have to say, if this song was sung in English I think they would have a lot of fans on here  
    • Babymetal - Metal resistance Babymetal - The other one
    • Enjoyed their last cd "Human Nature" remind me of a mellower Black Stone Cherry, similar to Little Caesar.
    • BlackRain - Hot Rock Time Machine Lee Aaron - Bodyrock
    • Now theres a blast from the past  I'm lucky enough to possess 
    • Another i'm still awaiting the arrival of...same day release/delivery my arse Amazon  Still this is sounding like their best release thus far...they are gaining and getting better...although I did enjoy the last few albums also...but the sound/production from this one is excellent.
    • Still awaiting mine to arrive...should've been on Weds  or according to my order that was the case anyway  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.