The Defiants

The LRW Project

Crazy Lixx

Find Me

Muna

Pretty Maids

Work Of Art

Santa Cruz

Degreed (not heard yet but it's a given)

Of that list, maybe Find Me misses the cut, just?

1 hour ago, Glen said:

it's an interesting year isn't it.

can't remember a year when so many have agreed on a deadset 8 or even 9 for their top 10. 

Not a very good sign lol. What say?

Among the big names I only really enjoyed The Defiants more than the others. Even my fave bands like Crazy Lixx and WOA in a way left me a little disappointed not coz the albums are poor but perhaps I expected a lot. The other big ones like First Signal and Find Me didn't do much. If not for the vocals I wouldn't be able to distinguish the songs of these two bands. All such Frontiers projects sound the same. 

My top albums - 

The Defiants

The LRW Project

Muna

Work Of Art

Still haven't heard Pretty Maids and Degreed yet. 

Edited by Ponen

1 hour ago, Nightrain said:

Not much love for the new Toby Hitchcock, Rob Moratti, and Eclipse ?

the Hitchcock is ok but it's a hard listen...he's so frantic and over the top on that album 

2 hours ago, Nightrain said:

Each okay... none great. 

5 hours ago, Glen said:

I see Muna on a few lists - is this the woman singing? or is there some tasty rock band im missing?? 

Yup, she s that same woman whose singing you couldn't make out if it was english or some other language lol.

8 hours ago, Nightrain said:

Love them in my list of disappointments which also includes The Defiants, Tesla, Concerto Moon (I don't like at all the new singer with the colgate smile),  Angel Witch,  Steel Panther, Candlemass etc. 

38 minutes ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Love them in my list of disappointments which also includes The Defiants, Tesla, Concerto Moon (I don't like at all the new singer with the colgate smile),  Angel Witch,  Steel Panther, Candlemass etc. 

the Defiants a disappointment lol.

I love that album

My list (So far)
Crazy Lixx
Defiants
Eclipse
Gathering Of Kings
Pretty Maids

My list could pretty much be put up now because I don't see much to bother it being released between now and Jan? Its just the positioning for me...oh and the new Tygers Of Pan Tang disc that I haven't received yet but sounds excellent.

14 hours ago, Ponen said:

Yup, she s that same woman whose singing you couldn't make out if it was english or some other language lol.

Yep, only one Muna. Wonderful songwriting. 

Just now, Nightrain said:

is that the female trio Muna with the album 'Saves The World' ? i think i heard some songs like 'Navy  Blue', 'Good News', and 'Pink Light', pretty okay

Yep, that's the one. Three lesbians if I understand correctly. 'Pink Light' is spectacular. 'Good news' is solid, but one of the album's two weakest tunes, imo. 

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yep, that's the one. Three lesbians if I understand correctly. 'Pink Light' is spectacular. 'Good news' is solid, but one of the album's two weakest tunes, imo. 

I think they identify as "queer." 

The looks one of the guitarists was giving me during their show would suggest she's not decidedly one way. 

;}

3 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I think they identify as "queer." 

The looks one of the guitarists was giving me during their show would suggest she's not decidedly one way. 

;}

Lol..then I believe you must be a very attractive man.

3 hours ago, Nightrain said:

is that the female trio Muna with the album 'Saves The World' ? i think i heard some songs like 'Navy  Blue', 'Good News', and 'Pink Light', pretty okay

I suggest you give their debut album a listen. It's fantastic.

1 hour ago, Ponen said:

Lol..then I believe you must be a very attractive man.

I suggest you refer to the Aerosmith classic 'Dude (Looks Like A Lady)' for a more realistic reason as to why she was allegedly checking out Karpetface. 

28 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I suggest you refer to the Aerosmith classic 'Dude (Looks Like A Lady)' for a more realistic reason as to why she was allegedly checking out Karpetface. 

Hahahaha..

• My Little Pony
38 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Aww. 

You're so cute when you're jealous.