Jump to content
AlphaMale

Best of 2019 thus far?

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Add to that list
TMF
Whitesnake

I think they were talking about TMF as a possibility for 2020 rather than this year. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it's been a horrible start to the year....

Only new release I've spent any amount of time with is the new Tesla.  Have been sampling lots of other stuff and nothing has grabbed me. 

Things should pick up in the coming months though starting with Crazy Lixx next week as I'm sure that will set the initial bar for me this year.  Looking forward to that new Nitrate album in June too as I like the new sound with the vocals.

Hoping to hear more regarding the Defiants, One Desire, Eclipse and Degreed soon too.  And H.e.a.t has been really quiet.  I know Andrew suggested a live album/DVD was coming and I've seen a couple band interviews saying that a new album is supposedly in the works but not hearing anything on them.  Shiraz Lane is another that seems to be recording and possibly could have something out toward the end of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Add to that list
TMF
Whitesnake

TMF is 2020 I think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Geoff said:

I think they were talking about TMF as a possibility for 2020 rather than this year. ;)

Well then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glen said:

TMF is 2020 I think?

Damn it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tts42572 said:

For me it's been a horrible start to the year....

Only new release I've spent any amount of time with is the new Tesla. 

Haha, those two statements kind of go hand in hand. In a terrible year for music so far, Tesla is certainly one the main contributors, unfortunately. :(

I'm pretty sure we've never been at the start of May without a great release released yet. I like the top 5 I mentioned above, but I don't think any would have cracked my top 50 or so from last year, or any before that. Very, very slow start so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha, those two statements kind of go hand in hand. In a terrible year for music so far, Tesla is certainly one the main contributors, unfortunately. :(

 

 

Quoted for truth! :crying::crying::crying:

Edited by kourosofsteel3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cats in Space I love. Great album.

None others as complete albums.

A few albums with some gems but also fillers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gathering Of Kings

Idle Hands - Mana 

Crazy Lixx

Dream Theater

Queensryche

Darkwater - Human

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

plenty of songs I like this year but as complete albums I only rate these 3 -

Crazy Lixx

Cats in Space

First Signal

 

really looking forward to hearing Nitrate on 21st :)

Also I'd really like to hear Cannonballz as really like all 4 songs released as singles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The LRW project

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glen said:

plenty of songs I like this year but as complete albums I only rate these 3 -

Crazy Lixx

Cats in Space

First Signal

 

really looking forward to hearing Nitrate on 21st :)

Also I'd really like to hear Cannonballz as really like all 4 songs released as singles 

 

Wow, I understand the issue with GoK vocalist, but, fekk it, it has a killer aftertaste!I've already sceduled to tattoo the Crazy Lixx artwork  of the 1st tee of the latest lp , minus the lettering(the tattooist is so gorgeous, btw)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy Lixx & Midnite City have been fighting it out with me for top spot this last 2 years,and it looks like they'll fight it out again this year albeit Midnite City represented by Nitrate :) ….unless The Defiants give a masterclass come September 13th? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing that's really kept me amused enough for weeks of playing repeatedly but really enjoyed the D.A.D. ,  Whitesnake, Devicious , Wake The Nations , Avril lavinge and First Signal. 

Also enjoyable Scorpion v Tarantula, John Diva. 

Some super disappointments. Tora Tora, Jetboy to name a couple. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lettard said:

Crazy Lixx & Midnite City have been fighting it out with me for top spot this last 2 years,and it looks like they'll fight it out again this year albeit Midnite City represented by Nitrate :) ….unless The Defiants give a masterclass come September 13th? :) 

they will I reckon. looking forward to that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And don't forget CrashDiet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find Me

Whitesnake

First Signal

Crazy Lixx

The Alliance

Mike Tramp

I need to review the albums from earlier in the year,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gathering Of Kings

Idle Hands - Mana 

Crazy Lixx

Dream Theater

Queensryche

Darkwater - Human

Nocturnus AD -  Paradox (Not for HH ears,lol)

Slough Feg - New Organon (Dunno if HH approves, lol)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the first half of 2019 has been one of the quietest since the late 90s imho.

However I do feel that the second half is going to be very special indeed. 

Some of my favourite artists have new releases due and that is very exciting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Glen said:

the first half of 2019 has been one of the quietest since the late 90s imho.

However I do feel that the second half is going to be very special indeed. 

Some of my favourite artists have new releases due and that is very exciting.

 

My thoughts too.  Been a pretty slow 6 months for my tastes.  Really only Crazy Lixx and Nitrate have done much for me.  Tesla was okay but I know there are many mixed feelings on that one.

I'm not sure the next month or two really look much better.  I'm looking forward to the H.e.a.t Live CD/Blu Ray but that doesn't really count.

Things will pick up though.  Can't wait for that Defiants album, Eclipse, Degreed, Pretty Maids, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

My thoughts too.  Been a pretty slow 6 months for my tastes.  Really only Crazy Lixx and Nitrate have done much for me.  Tesla was okay but I know there are many mixed feelings on that one.

I'm not sure the next month or two really look much better.  I'm looking forward to the H.e.a.t Live CD/Blu Ray but that doesn't really count.

Things will pick up though.  Can't wait for that Defiants album, Eclipse, Degreed, Pretty Maids, etc.  

personally I'm looking forward to -

 

Lebrock, Nitrate, Work of Art, Eclipse, Reckless Love, Crashdiet, Revolution Saints, The Defiants, Degreed, One Desire, The Fell, Steel Panther 

and of course the outside chance of Night Flight Orchestra but I suspect this might be 2020 now?? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Glen said:

personally I'm looking forward to -

 

Lebrock, Nitrate, Work of Art, Eclipse, Reckless Love, Crashdiet, Revolution Saints, The Defiants, Degreed, One Desire, The Fell, Steel Panther 

and of course the outside chance of Night Flight Orchestra but I suspect this might be 2020 now?? 

 

 

Hate it when frontiers is asking me 30 euro + shipping (you fakkers!) for an Eclipse single! :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tts42572 said:

My thoughts too.  Been a pretty slow 6 months for my tastes.  Really only Crazy Lixx and Nitrate have done much for me.  Tesla was okay but I know there are many mixed feelings on that one.

I'm not sure the next month or two really look much better.  I'm looking forward to the H.e.a.t Live CD/Blu Ray but that doesn't really count.

Things will pick up though.  Can't wait for that Defiants album, Eclipse, Degreed, Pretty Maids, etc.  

 

If you find Tesla OK you may as well like everything from 2019, so no complaints at all, mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Glen said:

personally I'm looking forward to -

 

Lebrock, Nitrate, Work of Art, Eclipse, Reckless Love, Crashdiet, Revolution Saints, The Defiants, Degreed, One Desire, The Fell, Steel Panther 

and of course the outside chance of Night Flight Orchestra but I suspect this might be 2020 now?? 

 

 

Waiting for the new Work Of Art as well! Killer one, their logo is my new tattoo! Simple as that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

 

Waiting for the new Work Of Art as well! Killer one, their logo is my new tattoo! Simple as that! 

all 3 samples so far are absolutely marvellous. I have no doubt that it will be a challenger for top spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Posts

    • Make Love Like a Man - Def Leppard.   Released as a single from "Adrenalize". I've always hated it. Easily the worst DL song IMO.
    • Thanks mate. I don't know why I was having trouble finding it.
    • what a weird album.  The first 4 tracks are all great and exactly what I want to hear from TMF. then 2 gigantic fillers absolutely kills it imo.  the album in the second half loses momentum - 2 or 3 solid songs at best before a strong end in winner takes all. overall I think the Defiants is much better and teds last solo offering was awesome. I do like those first 4 tracks tho   
    • Seems like they stuck with the same gritty approach to production but it sounds a lot better than the debut. I'm digging this one!
    • I do like the song itself, but I would agree it's such a drastic change in pace that it disrupts the flow quite a bit.  I probably would have swapped that with 'Look Into Me' and placed it near the end of the album.
    • An evolution on the debut in the sound and production...more mature...more Defiants like😂 The title track sure crashes the momentum after the first four awesome tracks.     
    • Ok now that I have listened to it several times, this is my favourite song and it's a beauty. The last track on the album 'Last Train'. You get the vibe of Los Angeles and Sunset in one song. One of the best songs I have heard so far in 2020.    
    • It’s an anti “best of” list.  Songs that were big hits or band’s signature tracks that to be honest are not a favourite of yours...you can’t even add them to a “best of” mix on your phone or on a CDR...and some just down right suck!   Headed For A Heartbreak- Winger (so boring!) Wanted Dead Or Alive - Bon Jovi (Dead please!) Dude Looks Like A Lady - Aerosmith (awful!)..Rag Doll was even worse Cherry Pie - Warrant (not a bad song but the majority of the rest of the album is way better) Mr. Roboto - Styx (I still can’t forgive Dennis for that mess) More Than Words- Extreme (I like the song but damn that was so not the Extreme sound in general...my dad thought it was the Everly Brothers) When The Children Cry - White Lion (I cry because I can’t take it anymore...too sappy) Pretty Fly For A White Guy - The Offspring (nice sell out boys) Enter Sandman - Metallica (It’s almost become a jingle and was so over played) Silent Lucidity- Queensryche (I saw them live and they ended the concert with this one...talk about not leaving the show on a high)
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.