Best of 2019 thus far?

12 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Add to that list
TMF
Whitesnake

I think they were talking about TMF as a possibility for 2020 rather than this year. ;)

For me it's been a horrible start to the year....

Only new release I've spent any amount of time with is the new Tesla.  Have been sampling lots of other stuff and nothing has grabbed me. 

Things should pick up in the coming months though starting with Crazy Lixx next week as I'm sure that will set the initial bar for me this year.  Looking forward to that new Nitrate album in June too as I like the new sound with the vocals.

Hoping to hear more regarding the Defiants, One Desire, Eclipse and Degreed soon too.  And H.e.a.t has been really quiet.  I know Andrew suggested a live album/DVD was coming and I've seen a couple band interviews saying that a new album is supposedly in the works but not hearing anything on them.  Shiraz Lane is another that seems to be recording and possibly could have something out toward the end of the year.

13 hours ago, Geoff said:

I think they were talking about TMF as a possibility for 2020 rather than this year. ;)

Well then

2 hours ago, Glen said:

TMF is 2020 I think?

Damn it

19 hours ago, tts42572 said:

For me it's been a horrible start to the year....

Only new release I've spent any amount of time with is the new Tesla. 

Haha, those two statements kind of go hand in hand. In a terrible year for music so far, Tesla is certainly one the main contributors, unfortunately. :(

I'm pretty sure we've never been at the start of May without a great release released yet. I like the top 5 I mentioned above, but I don't think any would have cracked my top 50 or so from last year, or any before that. Very, very slow start so far. 

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha, those two statements kind of go hand in hand. In a terrible year for music so far, Tesla is certainly one the main contributors, unfortunately. :(

Quoted for truth! :crying::crying::crying:

Edited by kourosofsteel3

• 1 month later...

plenty of songs I like this year but as complete albums I only rate these 3 -

Crazy Lixx

Cats in Space

First Signal

really looking forward to hearing Nitrate on 21st :)

Also I'd really like to hear Cannonballz as really like all 4 songs released as singles 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

plenty of songs I like this year but as complete albums I only rate these 3 -

Crazy Lixx

Cats in Space

First Signal

really looking forward to hearing Nitrate on 21st :)

Also I'd really like to hear Cannonballz as really like all 4 songs released as singles 

Wow, I understand the issue with GoK vocalist, but, fekk it, it has a killer aftertaste!I've already sceduled to tattoo the Crazy Lixx artwork  of the 1st tee of the latest lp , minus the lettering(the tattooist is so gorgeous, btw)

• Like 1

Crazy Lixx & Midnite City have been fighting it out with me for top spot this last 2 years,and it looks like they'll fight it out again this year albeit Midnite City represented by Nitrate :) ….unless The Defiants give a masterclass come September 13th? :) 

Nothing that's really kept me amused enough for weeks of playing repeatedly but really enjoyed the D.A.D. ,  Whitesnake, Devicious , Wake The Nations , Avril lavinge and First Signal. 

Also enjoyable Scorpion v Tarantula, John Diva. 

Some super disappointments. Tora Tora, Jetboy to name a couple. 

2 hours ago, lettard said:

Crazy Lixx & Midnite City have been fighting it out with me for top spot this last 2 years,and it looks like they'll fight it out again this year albeit Midnite City represented by Nitrate :) ….unless The Defiants give a masterclass come September 13th? :) 

they will I reckon. looking forward to that one!

the first half of 2019 has been one of the quietest since the late 90s imho.

However I do feel that the second half is going to be very special indeed. 

Some of my favourite artists have new releases due and that is very exciting.

7 hours ago, Glen said:

the first half of 2019 has been one of the quietest since the late 90s imho.

However I do feel that the second half is going to be very special indeed. 

Some of my favourite artists have new releases due and that is very exciting.

My thoughts too.  Been a pretty slow 6 months for my tastes.  Really only Crazy Lixx and Nitrate have done much for me.  Tesla was okay but I know there are many mixed feelings on that one.

I'm not sure the next month or two really look much better.  I'm looking forward to the H.e.a.t Live CD/Blu Ray but that doesn't really count.

Things will pick up though.  Can't wait for that Defiants album, Eclipse, Degreed, Pretty Maids, etc.  

55 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

My thoughts too.  Been a pretty slow 6 months for my tastes.  Really only Crazy Lixx and Nitrate have done much for me.  Tesla was okay but I know there are many mixed feelings on that one.

I'm not sure the next month or two really look much better.  I'm looking forward to the H.e.a.t Live CD/Blu Ray but that doesn't really count.

Things will pick up though.  Can't wait for that Defiants album, Eclipse, Degreed, Pretty Maids, etc.  

personally I'm looking forward to -

Lebrock, Nitrate, Work of Art, Eclipse, Reckless Love, Crashdiet, Revolution Saints, The Defiants, Degreed, One Desire, The Fell, Steel Panther 

and of course the outside chance of Night Flight Orchestra but I suspect this might be 2020 now?? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Glen said:

Lebrock, Nitrate, Work of Art, Eclipse, Reckless Love, Crashdiet, Revolution Saints, The Defiants, Degreed, One Desire, The Fell, Steel Panther 

and of course the outside chance of Night Flight Orchestra but I suspect this might be 2020 now?? 

Hate it when frontiers is asking me 30 euro + shipping (you fakkers!) for an Eclipse single! :angry:

12 hours ago, tts42572 said:

If you find Tesla OK you may as well like everything from 2019, so no complaints at all, mate!

13 hours ago, Glen said:

Waiting for the new Work Of Art as well! Killer one, their logo is my new tattoo! Simple as that! 

6 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Waiting for the new Work Of Art as well! Killer one, their logo is my new tattoo! Simple as that! 

all 3 samples so far are absolutely marvellous. I have no doubt that it will be a challenger for top spot.