Best of 2019 thus far?

9 hours ago, martinsane said:

As many know I don't track all the new picks and fan fave's every year. Give me some random backwoods one off every day of the week.

That said for the best record of 2019 that no one will ever hear or give 2 squirts about is from Vitne and its entitle Aria.

After getting surprisingly large amounts of joy from their 2017 album, 'Jupiter' I was actually quite hopeful about the new album this year. Gotta say, I was pretty disappointed. I'm not a fan. 'Our way' was the closest they got to recapturing some of the magic of the last album, but overall it fell very flat for me. 

I shouldn't be disappointed, though, as I've always quite disliked this band. 'Jupiter' was the diamond in the rough, for me, rather than something that should be expected every time. For the record, I didn't love that album, but it surprised me with some good stuff on it.  

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

After getting surprisingly large amounts of joy from their 2017 album, 'Jupiter' I was actually quite hopeful about the new album this year. Gotta say, I was pretty disappointed. I'm not a fan. 'Our way' was the closest they got to recapturing some of the magic of the last album, but overall it fell very flat for me. 

I shouldn't be disappointed, though, as I've always quite disliked this band. 'Jupiter' was the diamond in the rough, for me, rather than something that should be expected every time. For the record, I didn't love that album, but it surprised me with some good stuff on it.  

Color me impressed that anyone has put any thought into Joseph's stuff. Of course I may be biased but I've enjoyed his journey from Golden Palace to SEKS to Hart to Vitne. He is a talented dude and for me the latest effort is a powerful all encompassing piece and continues to show his progression in song writing and story telling.

• My Little Pony
14 minutes ago, phaffas said:

Could it be she thought you were a woman?

Has it ever been implied that I'm a man?

48 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Has it ever been implied that I'm a man?

Your profile page: :whistle:

Profile Information

• Interests
    All genres of music.
    Video games.
    Girls, Guns, Gold.
    Good Whisky, and a Good Cigar.
    And Beer!
    Also trolling Geoffrey. Transsexuals, queers, homos, etc.....

They saved the year ( + Crazy Lixx, I'd never  picture that cd (Serafino , when will you release it on vinyl? :angry:) with the luscious vinyls and Pretty Maids-need to unbox that soon and spin it!)!

78215756_10157856220614875_2164201185429

Edited by kourosofsteel3

Think the new Tygers Of Pan Tang-Ritual cd will crack my top 10...a late new entry...just need to hear the Edge Of Forever-Native Soul disc now to see if it will then I'm good to go  :)

I'm just now starting my in-depth listening for the "Best of 2019" awards, listening through all the albums that I initially rated as 4.5/5 or 5/5, and starting to winnow down the field.

I'm going to do the "Guess Dan's Top 5" like we've done the last 2 years since it was fun.

The group of contenders includes some of the usual suspects, but there's also some that have received virtually no discussion here on the board. No off-the-wall death metal bagpipe polka bands... at least not yet. ;)

It's an ok year overall, but not stellar. No standout releases towering head and shoulders above the rest IMO.

• Like 2

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

I'm going to do the "Guess Dan's Top 5" like we've done the last 2 years since it was fun.

Oh... yeah... so much fun...

6 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

I want to post a photo of my faves, but sadly still Tool and Mgla aren't released on vinyl yet :angry::doh:

Well surely you can still post a photo of your faves? ;)

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, lettard said:

just need to hear the Edge Of Forever-Native Soul disc now  :)

Heard it..its quite good but won't break my top 10.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 2:55 PM, heavyharmonies said:

It's an ok year overall, but not stellar. No standout releases towering head and shoulders above the rest IMO.

This  :agree:

4 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

This  :agree:

Yeah, it is truth. In another thread I had WOA ranked down near the end of my top 30, but those 30 weren't worlds apart from top to bottom.