The Darkness - Last Of Our Kind

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Don't care - the boys are back....Summers nearly here!

No it's not, you creep. It's about to leave us. Jeez, what (side of the) planet are you on?!

The best side ;)

• My Little Pony

No it's not, you creep. It's about to leave us. Jeez, what (side of the) planet are you on?!

The best side ;)

Yeah, I'll take northern hemisphere any day. The folks up here seem to have their heads on straight.

Open Fire sounds like it was lifted of an old Cult release, it really sounds like She Sells Sanctuary. I barely recognize Justin's voice, only when he hits a few falsettos do I know it's him. If I didn't know I would have never guessed this to be The Darkness...and I consider myself a pretty big fan of the band. I think I'll need a few more spins, like I did with the Barbarian tune which eventually grew on me.

The best side ;)

Yeah, I'll take northern hemisphere any day. The folks up here seem to have their heads on straight.

Words of wisdom...

The best side ;)

You're on holidays down here? Really? Where are you? Come by for a BBQ, mate!

New song sounds better than the first. Not too bad. At least he now just sounds like a really bad singer, rather than going out of his way to sound like an absolute motherfucking c*nt. It's a nice change.

• 1 month later...

i have hated The Darkness since long before they were even signed, and it still guts me that they reformed as the Stone Gods album was a perfect example of what I always said about The Darkness. Great musically but ruined by the vocals. Its not their songs I hate, as they are usually pretty catchy, its just those vocals. Just cannot listen to them.

I've just got round to listening to Hot Cakes which i thought was shit so i'll probably think this one will be shit too judging by Barbarian

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds very Rolling Stone-ish. It's easy on the ears, doesn't rock all that much. The more I replay it, the more I like it.

I love this song! I've been excited about it ever since hearing some live versions on YouTube. :dance:

The recorded version is more relaxed than I expected. I thought that it would be tighter and have more of that Darkness "oomph." Still, it's a great song and I keep listening to it.

Really liking the title track, very melancholic. Wasn't expecting this, good effort after the disappointing ''Hot Cakes''. And how good is ''Sarah O Sarah'' hahaha, real tearjerker right there

Man, with Last Of Our Kind coming out, there's been a lot of hatred for Hot Cakes. Fans have been talking about it, it's been in articles, and the band has even hinted at it. I think that Hot Cakes is excellent and destroys One Way Ticket To Hell ...And Back (which does have its strengths). Permission To Land is still my favorite. I like what I've heard of Last Of Our Kind so far and I'm working on hearing the whole album.

To each his own really, if you liked it good for you. With Hot Cakes I was skeptical since they put out the first single but I'm not exactly sure why. I listened to it again recently and while the songs weren't that bad on their own (if I listened to a single song it was ok and each had its moments) as an album I thought it got pretty boring.