The Darkness - Last Of Our Kind

Stefan

10896990_796166927123460_522797380635925

From FB:

The journey begins: Our new album Last Of Our Kind is being released on the 1st June 2015. Now available to pre-order via Pledge Music where you can get the new track Barbarian instantly. See our awesome new video for Barbarian and we'll have loads more exclusive content, video, photos and merch for you to grab. Keep your eyes and ears peeled and Watch This Space!

http://thedarkness.co.uk

look_cover.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love The Darkness and this is definitely a good rocker. I'm a huge fan of their previous album, Hot Cakes, which didn't/doesn't get enough credit. "Barbarian" sounds like a mix of that album and the edginess/lyrical content of their debut, Permission To Land.

• My Little Pony

Wow. I really like that. I'll be honest, I haven't given these guys a chance since their first effort. Maybe I should rectify that.

I love 'em and hate 'em at the same time. It's weird. Their have some great songs. But the vocals kill half their songs unfortunately.

I'm with Alpha on this one ... the music is brilliant, but as soon as Justin's vocals go into the stratosphere they become a joke ...

What the fuck is that "chorus?!" Dreadful chorus, but otherwise, I don't mind the rest of the song. Good to hear him trying hard not to be too much of a fucking idiot on the mic.

I like a handful of songs in their discography, but for the most part I think they're a very poor band. Yeah, the vocals are the obvious main flaw, but my biggest gripe with them has been a hell of a lot of awful songs that so many people don't seem to notice. I guess they get caught up in the gimmick and forgive them for actually writing really bad songs? I dunno, I don't get it.

I'll try this out, especially if he is making an effort not to be a fucking c*nt on the mic, but I expect very, very little.

What the fuck is that "chorus?!" Dreadful chorus, but otherwise, I don't mind the rest of the song. Good to hear him trying hard not to be too much of a fucking idiot on the mic.

I like a handful of songs in their discography, but for the most part I think they're a very poor band. Yeah, the vocals are the obvious main flaw, but my biggest gripe with them has been a hell of a lot of awful songs that so many people don't seem to notice. I guess they get caught up in the gimmick and forgive them for actually writing really bad songs? I dunno, I don't get it.

I'll try this out, especially if he is making an effort not to be a fucking c*nt on the mic, but I expect very, very little.

Yup. Agreed mate!

• My Little Pony

The crazy falsetto is not something that I would want in every rock band, but it's been a signature of The Darkness since the very beginning and I love getting it from them, if that makes sense.

Yup. Agreed mate!

I nearly spat out my Ribena..............i was drinking that through a straw while listening to ISSA (the drink seemed to fit ;) ).......when I heard that chorus.

What the fuck was that??

I nearly spat out my Ribena..............i was drinking that through a straw while listening to ISSA (the drink seemed to fit ;) ).......when I heard that chorus.

What the fuck was that??

Sounds like Justin is channeling his inner Tarzan!! And it's an EPIC FAIL!!! :puke: Justin

The chorus in this song is absolutely horrible

Glad I have Gibbo, Geoff and you who agree with me on this. Great verses, music sounds nice, but that chorus is just plain terrible.

Did you ever get into Stone Gods? The band that Dan Hawkins put together when his brother left The Darkness the first time? They were pretty good - The Darkness' bass player took over vocals (and switched to rhythm guitar), and they recruited a new guy to play bass. They only managed one album and a couple of EPs, which is a shame ...

The chorus in this song is absolutely horrible

Glad I have Gibbo, Geoff and you who agree with me on this. Great verses, music sounds nice, but that chorus is just plain terrible.

Did you ever get into Stone Gods? The band that Dan Hawkins put together when his brother left The Darkness the first time? They were pretty good - The Darkness' bass player took over vocals (and switched to rhythm guitar), and they recruited a new guy to play bass. They only managed one album and a couple of EPs, which is a shame ...

Stone Gods kicked ass. Loved 'em!

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! Don't care - the boys are back....Summers nearly here!

No it's not, you creep. It's about to leave us. Jeez, what (side of the) planet are you on?!