H.E.A.T - Tearing Down The Walls (2014)

Kim_Hp

Not bad for a small band like them. Could sell 10,000 easily if they're still in 1988 maybe

Saw them Monday night in Manchester and the couple who I went with agreed with me that they wont be playing small venues for long. It was like being back in the 80s too,watching a great band enjoying themselves onstage. Ive got a few gigs lined up this year but will be surprised if any will top this one.

Hopefully they make it to a bigger venue, sad to see artist like Myles Cyrus or Beiber fillin' stadium instead of em

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly right...I just don't get it.

I was looking at the following article that I found pretty interesting that shows approximate booking fees for certain artists...

http://priceonomics.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-book-your-favorite-band/

I can say with 100% honesty that I would rather see H.e.a.t than any other artist listed in the 100K+ club....Frankly, I see around 30 artists on that 100K+ list that I've never even heard of before.

Maybe I'm just getting old or I'm just that out of touch with the music scene...

Or maybe the US music scene has just gotten really, really lame :)

Not bad for a small band like them. Could sell 10,000 easily if they're still in 1988 maybe

Saw them Monday night in Manchester and the couple who I went with agreed with me that they wont be playing small venues for long. It was like being back in the 80s too,watching a great band enjoying themselves onstage. Ive got a few gigs lined up this year but will be surprised if any will top this one.

Hopefully they make it to a bigger venue, sad to see artist like Myles Cyrus or Beiber fillin' stadium instead of em

Very jealous of seeing these guys live.

Amazed at the hate from a couple of posters for the first two albums on the previous page. Two great albums. Would be amazing with their current sound, but they're still great, imo.

To each their own, but for me (as I have said before) production has nothing to do with it, and even the singer has nothing to do with it, its just that I didnt find a single song on those albums to be memorable. Nothing bad on them, just nothing special.

To each their own, but for me (as I have said before) production has nothing to do with it, and even the singer has nothing to do with it, its just that I didnt find a single song on those albums to be memorable. Nothing bad on them, just nothing special.

I'm with you, just don't care for them.

They sound weak live. Just empty with no balls. I do still like those albums though. The birth of a great band.

• 1 year later...

Japanese 2 CD special release out August 26th:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/heat_shmcd_20150701

Disc 1
01. Point of No Return
02. A Shot At Redemption
03. Inferno
04. The Wreckoning
05. Tearing Down the Walls
06. Mannequin Show
07. We Will Never Die
08. Emergency
09. All the Nights
10. Eye for an Eye
11. Enemy in Me
12. Laughing At Tomorrow

Disc 2
01. Under Your Skin
02. Breaking The Silence (Demo 2011)
03. She's Like The Wind

Wonder why this needs to be on 2 CD's?

I have one CD that I've burned for this album with the 12 standard tracks plus Under My Skin, Shame and She's Like The Wind added and it fit just fine....And had room for more.

Probably a production issue or licensing issue of some sort. Or maybe it just sounds better saying 2 CD's.

Disc 1
01. Point of No Return
02. A Shot At Redemption
03. Inferno
04. The Wreckoning
06. Mannequin Show
07. We Will Never Die
08. Emergency
09. All the Nights
10. Eye for an Eye
11. Enemy in Me
12. Laughing At Tomorrow

Disc 2
01. Under Your Skin
03. She's Like The Wind

money making exercise.........under your skin has already been released as a b side, she's like the wind is a pointless cover and really who wants a demo??

Waste of time.

money making exercise.........under your skin has already been released as a b side, she's like the wind is a pointless cover and really who wants a demo??

Waste of time.

+1

Wonder why this needs to be on 2 CD's?

I have one CD that I've burned for this album with the 12 standard tracks plus Under My Skin, Shame and She's Like The Wind added and it fit just fine....And had room for more.

Probably a production issue or licensing issue of some sort. Or maybe it just sounds better saying 2 CD's.

Disc 1

01. Point of No Return

02. A Shot At Redemption

03. Inferno

04. The Wreckoning

06. Mannequin Show

07. We Will Never Die

08. Emergency

09. All the Nights

10. Eye for an Eye

11. Enemy in Me

12. Laughing At Tomorrow

Disc 2

01. Under Your Skin

03. She's Like The Wind

More than likely just a repack of the original CD, so they could use already pressed CDs and just make the extras on a bonus disc.

They sound weak live. Just empty with no balls. I do still like those albums though. The birth of a great band.

Big call! Weak live...?

They played straight after Motley at Sweden Rock and absolutely blew them away. Absolutely brilliant live!

A few days after the festival I saw them do an acoustic set at Hard Rock Cafe Stockholm, and again brilliant, including a cover version of "18 and Life"

Waste of time.

+1

I think this is worth getting if you don't have 'A Shot at Redemption EP' (which is getting more expensive and harder to get) and haven't bought the album. I got the original Japan CD but considering to upgrade it to this one and get rid of the first. I just hope the tracklist isn't correct because the original have +1 bonus track :)

Big call! Weak live...?

They played straight after Motley at Sweden Rock and absolutely blew them away. Absolutely brilliant live!

A few days after the festival I saw them do an acoustic set at Hard Rock Cafe Stockholm, and again brilliant, including a cover version of "18 and Life"

Misunderstood my post mate

HEAT are fantastic live.

What i meant was the tracks from the first 2 albums sound weak live compared to the last 2 albums.

Sticking Late Night Lady between say Inferno and Living on The Run just sounds so out of place now - like 2 different worlds.

• 2 months later...

Just received a Japanese pressing of "Tearing Down The Walls" the tour edition with 2 CDs. Glad I picked this up.....the second CD has demo versions of a number of the final tracks plus 2 other bonus tracks. All in all, a worthwhile investment.

I didn't realise there was demo versions of anything other than Breaking the silence (which I already had)

Is Emergency the other demo? Is the solo slightly different?

Demo Versions of:

Breaking The Silence

A Shot At Redemption

Emergency

Also The Japanese bonus track "Shame"

She's Like The Wind

Under Your Skin

• 1 year later...

Bummer news....These guys have become one of my favorite bands over the past few years.

I'm sure glad I went to see this iteration of the band when they were in Chicago and didn't put it off waiting for a next time.

Anyways, I hope they can find a new guitarist that fits well and they keep on track with plans to have a new album out by the end of 2017.

Maybe Erik Martensson or Chris Laney wants to get in another band :)

Bummer news....These guys have become one of my favorite bands over the past few years.

I'm sure glad I went to see this iteration of the band when they were in Chicago and didn't put it off waiting for a next time.

Anyways, I hope they can find a new guitarist that fits well and they keep on track with plans to have a new album out by the end of 2017.

Maybe Erik Martensson or Chris Laney wants to get in another band :)

I hope they can find TWO new guitarists :D

• My Little Pony

What? What's happening with the band? Imploding?

No. Eric Rivers left the band amicably. I don't know if they'll be the same without him, though.

What? What's happening with the band? Imploding?

No. Eric Rivers left the band amicably. I don't know if they'll be the same without him, though.

I didn't know that. I knew Dalone left, but didn't realise they'll basically be a new band when they come back in our ears again.