H.E.A.T - Tearing Down The Walls (2014)

Kim_Hp

Thanks for posting your review of the show....So wish I could see them live. I'm hoping at some point they release a proper live CD/DVD...I think it would be the perfect time for them to record one of their upcoming shows and put out a package like W.e.t recently did. As such, us poor saps in the USA are left scouring You Tube for glimpses...I know they're coming to the USA for the first time ever in October for a show in Chicago...but it's really nowhere near me :(

As for Mannequin Show...I agree with you. At first, it did remind me of Brittany Spears. But after a few listens, I've completely forgotten about it and it just sounds like a quirky, cool H.e.a.t tune. I just freaking love everything about this new album :)

See the new video for "Mannequin Show" at Swedish newspaper "Expressen" below!

http://www.expressen.se/tv/noje/heat---mannequin-show/

Also check out my live review of H.E.A.T in Gothenburg, Sweden:

http://www.planetaor.com/?p=9982

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See the new video for "Mannequin Show" at Swedish newspaper "Expressen" below!http://www.expressen.se/tv/noje/heat---mannequin-show/ Also check out my live review of H.E.A.T in Gothenburg, Sweden:http://www.planetaor.com/?p=9982

Superb, cant wait to see them in London

Thanks for posting your review of the show....So wish I could see them live. I'm hoping at some point they release a proper live CD/DVD...I think it would be the perfect time for them to record one of their upcoming shows and put out a package like W.e.t recently did. As such, us poor saps in the USA are left scouring You Tube for glimpses...I know they're coming to the USA for the first time ever in October for a show in Chicago...but it's really nowhere near me :(

As for Mannequin Show...I agree with you. At first, it did remind me of Brittany Spears. But after a few listens, I've completely forgotten about it and it just sounds like a quirky, cool H.e.a.t tune. I just freaking love everything about this new album :)

It's funny that you brought up the live CD/DVD thing. I totally agree with you, btw. A live CD/DVD would be perfect right now, they now have 4 albums worth of material and not to mention reputation as a killer live band...some would say at the top of their career...plus a major label backing...I can't really see what's stopping them?

Anyway, the thing is one of my collegues at Planet AOR actually did an interview with them prior to last weekends show, and I actually submitted this very question for him to ask, which he did. The interview will be published tomorrow so keep your eyes open on planetaor.com. I haven't read it myself yet but am eager to!

Still don't hear any Britney in Mannequin Show and I must have listened to that one at least 30-40 times by now. Pure bull if you ask me...I say just listen,enjoy the melodic rock excellence and stop overanalyzing everything!

Once that tune grabs a hold of you it just won't let go. Although the same is true for "Tearing Down The Walls", "Eye For An Eye", "Emergency"... I have these tunes spinning in my head all the time and I just can't get them out.

Thanks for the link...enjoyed reading that interview...

Really hope they consider doing a live album...Or acoustic album....Or a 3rd album with Tobias :)

There just isn't anything this band has put out since Erik joined that I don't like....It's not often I find myself getting in a "zone" like that with bands anymore....Where you like everything they do...But I'm in that type of zone with this band at the moment.

Now just trying to get myself to Chicago to see them in October :)

Check out this awesome new interview with the guys now online at planetaor.com :

http://www.planetaor.com/?p=10026

Really hope they consider doing a live album...Or acoustic album....Or a 3rd album with Tobias :)

There just isn't anything this band has put out since Erik joined that I don't like....It's not often I find myself getting in a "zone" like that with bands anymore....Where you like everything they do...But I'm in that type of zone with this band at the moment.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've been in that "zone" since the debut... ;)

Have you heard "Shame" yet? Another really awesome tune. Would have really liked that on the euro version as well...

I did hear Shame...I pre-ordered the Japan version of TDTW way back in late February just hoping there would be a good bonus track...And there was :)

I like that tune as well...Bluesy intro that kicks into melodic goodness :) That song was easily good enough to be on the album...Although, I'm not sure what I would've removed to get it on there...I like all the songs and their placement in the track listing...Album has a great pace to me.

I had read somewhere I think that they had like 18-20 songs written for this album...Don't quote me on that though as I could've been dreaming it.... Either way...they probably have more stuff kicking around like "Shame" that is waiting for a future album...

Yeah I know what you mean. I've been in that "zone" since the debut... ;)

Have you heard "Shame" yet? Another really awesome tune. Would have really liked that on the euro version as well...

And Youtube:

Of the few tunes on this I rated lower, this is definitely the one that's growing on me most. I never got the Britney thing either so that was never a factor. I still don't dig the creepy vibe, and could really do without those awful keys. But the rest of the song is pretty killer. Like I said at the start, I LOVE the pre-chorus and overall, yeah, definitely growing on me a lot. Beats the living shit out of 'Shot at redemption' anyway, which is going the other way for me. I haven't played that song in full since spinning the EP for the first time. An instant skip everytime, sady. :(

For me the first 2 singles are my least favorite on the album and in no way should have been the singles in my opinion.

And Youtube:

Of the few tunes on this I rated lower, this is definitely the one that's growing on me most. I never got the Britney thing either so that was never a factor. I still don't dig the creepy vibe, and could really do without those awful keys. But the rest of the song is pretty killer. Like I said at the start, I LOVE the pre-chorus and overall, yeah, definitely growing on me a lot. Beats the living shit out of 'Shot at redemption' anyway, which is going the other way for me. I haven't played that song in full since spinning the EP for the first time. An instant skip everytime, sady. :(

Yeah, the pre-chorus is classic H.E.A.T :) I love the entire thing though, including the keys, the lyrics and the chorus which is absolute killer.

What about "Shame" Geoff? Isn't that a killer track too? A bit unconventional H.E.A.T but damn it's a really cool song.

And Youtube:

Yeah, the pre-chorus is classic H.E.A.T :) I love the entire thing though, including the keys, the lyrics and the chorus which is absolute killer.

What about "Shame" Geoff? Isn't that a killer track too? A bit unconventional H.E.A.T but damn it's a really cool song.

Yeah mate, I love 'Shame.' Like I said when I first heard it, it has that really cool 'Got your mind in the gutter' by Europe vibe.

• 2 weeks later...

H.E.A.T - s/t 98%

Freedom Rock 91%

Address The Nation 90%

Tearing Down The Walls 92%

now am I a sick fan or what :D

For the record, here are my sexy thoughts on the same subject:

Address The Nation - 92%
H.E.A.T - 89%
Freedom Rock - 86%
Tearing Down The Walls - 83%
I do love all the albums... just a shame the production/bollocks that bless the last two albums is not there on the first two. Listening back to those now, with the last two CDs fresh in one's mind, it does make the early days sound a lot "meeker."

Tearing Down the Walls is my favorite HEAT album. I have them all and I understand some love the first two more AOR albums but I prefer the more rocking last two and the new one is a touch heavier which is how I like my melodic(hard) rock. I've had trouble taking this one out of my stereo as of late and i expect it will place very high on my list at year end as it's #1 right now.

I dont do percentages so for me in order of best to worst its:

1: Address the nation

2: Tearing down the walls

3: the other two as I dont give a shit about either of them :D

LMAO!

For me personally, I'd flip flop TDTW and ATN...But both are fantastic albums.

Completely agree on #3 though :)

I dont do percentages so for me in order of best to worst its:

1: Address the nation

2: Tearing down the walls

3: the other two as I dont give a shit about either of them :D

1. ATN

2. TDTW

Agree about the first 2 albums, they do nothing for me.

Just listening to this album again, and while initially my thoughts were "this is not as good as ATN", I think thats probably because any new album has to become familiar before you can really say its better than an album you love. My first few spins of it basically said "yeah its a really good album, but not much has stood out yet". Yet weirdly I put it on today and I find that every song so far has stood out as an old recognisable friend. If you take out the instrumental track, the first 7 songs are just one great song after another, and I am fully expecting the rest of the album to hook me now as well.

Saw them live in London a few days ago.

Another excellent performance to follow the great gig at the Borderline last year.

The set mainly comprised songs from ATN and TDTW......the few they did play from the first 2 albums....1000 Miles, Beg Beg Beg, Late Night Lady, Danger Road just sounded weak in comparison....the band have progressed so much since those early days.

Erik was in fine form - so much energy...never stopped moving for 90 mins and was still singing great at the end....the guy is a revelation. Crowd surfed too when the sound failed in the middle of Danger Road and downed about 3 people's beers in the process.

Top tunes for me live were 'A Shot At Redemption'.......not everyone's fav but man this a monster live, massive crowd sing along. 'Tearing Down The Walls'....huge arena style live. 'Downtown'.....amazing atmosphere.....and the closing duo of 'Breaking The Silence' and 'Living on The Run' are just superb live.

If one song didnt quite cut it live it was 'Inferno'....good yeah, but maybe just too over the top for it to sound as good as you'd like live.

Another interesting observation is how hard hitting the tunes from ATN sound live. This has been discussed at great length in this thread about how the new album is so much harder in style than ATN....how theyve lost that commercial sound......well the heaviest sounding songs were off ATN. Breaking The Silence, Better Off Alone, Its All About Tonight.....man, these sound well heavy live....more so than 'Point Of No Return', 'Emergency', 'Manequin Show' etc.......imo.

Catch them if you can though cos they are as tight as they come live.

Sounds like a fun show. How many people did you think attend the gig ?

difficult to say....the garage is pretty small, but quite long....capacity is 600.

was pretty busy.....i'd say 350-400??

Decent turnout

Not bad for a small band like them. Could sell 10,000 easily if they're still in 1988 maybe

Saw them Monday night in Manchester and the couple who I went with agreed with me that they wont be playing small venues for long. It was like being back in the 80s too,watching a great band enjoying themselves onstage. Ive got a few gigs lined up this year but will be surprised if any will top this one.