Steel Panther back in the studio

AlphaMale

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to balls out again this past weekend which I think is the best sp disc so far, just an all around classic, good songs, 13 tracks plus the cool intro make this a great album without fillers whereas on feel the steel there were tracks I didn't like AS much (f... all nite party all day for example) also couple tracks on the new one I don't love

but balls out is just quality from start to finish

I listened to balls out again this past weekend which I think is the best sp disc so far, just an all around classic, good songs, 13 tracks plus the cool intro make this a great album without fillers whereas on feel the steel there were tracks I didn't like AS much (f... all nite party all day for example) also couple tracks on the new one I don't love

I'm just the opposite where I didn't like Balls Out near as much. It's last of the three for me.

I'm just the opposite where I didn't like Balls Out near as much. It's last of the three for me.

I made a compilation of these guys for a guy at work and I basically plucked an even 7 songs from each disc, give or take, and it definitely made me realise that it's near impossible to pick a best disc.

I do have to say, though, about 'Ball Out,' that '17 Girls In A Row' and 'Just Like Tiger Woods' are two of the best hard rock songs I've heard since the genre was still all the rage back in 1991. The 'Tiger Woods' riff... by god there is just no band on the planet creating music as utterly perfect as that. Not to mention, 'Bukakke tears' is probably, musically, the best song I've ever heard... in 15 years at least. ;)

I think balls out has some stunning songs

Tiger woods

Tomorrow night

Goldigging whore

Let me cum in

Critter

Weenie ride

Thats what girls are for

Hell they are all awesome. Great album.

First listen left me focusing on the fact that the lyrics are getting more and more over the top. Was actually distracting me a bit. Subsequent listens made me realize that the music itself is top-notch and I can't stop spinning this now. If you replace the current lyrics with standard 80's party / sex / etc... lyrics, this would have been a KILLER release in the 80's. Really really good stuff if you don't get too distracted by the words.

First listen left me focusing on the fact that the lyrics are getting more and more over the top.

Dont see that as for me they seem to be getting tamer. Songs like Party like its the end of the world and Burden of being wonderful are much tamer than most things they have done, with the exception of maybe Eyes of a panther.

And I dont think say Bukkake tears is any more over the top than say Stripper girl or I want pussy etc.

First listen left me focusing on the fact that the lyrics are getting more and more over the top.

Dont see that as for me they seem to be getting tamer. Songs like Party like its the end of the world and Burden of being wonderful are much tamer than most things they have done, with the exception of maybe Eyes of a panther.

And I dont think say Bukkake tears is any more over the top than say Stripper girl or I want pussy etc.

+1

Much tamer imo ( except Rag !! )

Can I just say what an awesome tune Gangbang is! Love that one.

best work Vivian Campbell has put his name to in years ;)

+1

I guess I was referring to Glory Hole, Rag, Bukkake Tears, etc... when referring to lyrics. Specifically Glory Hole. That said, every song has grown on me and I think they're all killer.

+1

Add me to the list. I think this album is BY FAR their tamest disc, with close to half the songs not really being that "rude" at all. 'Pussywhipped' is a hell of a lot tamer than the title suggests, with nothing even remotely "offensive" within, 'Party like it's the end of the world' is just pure inoffensive party rock, 'Ten strikes your out' is tame as all hell, 'The burden of being wonderful' is hilarious, but completely tame and even radio friendly, and 'You're beautiful when you don't talk' is pretty much a straight up polite AOR tune.

So that's five of the songs which are super tame - much more than any of their previous discs.

Anyone heard the Jap bonus track 'People are stoopid' yet? Not heard it yet but very keen...

+1

Add me to the list. I think this album is BY FAR their tamest disc, with close to half the songs not really being that "rude" at all. 'Pussywhipped' is a hell of a lot tamer than the title suggests, with nothing even remotely "offensive" within, 'Party like it's the end of the world' is just pure inoffensive party rock, 'Ten strikes your out' is tame as all hell, 'The burden of being wonderful' is hilarious, but completely tame and even radio friendly, and 'You're beautiful when you don't talk' is pretty much a straight up polite AOR tune.

So that's five of the songs which are super tame - much more than any of their previous discs.

Anyone heard the Jap bonus track 'People are stoopid' yet? Not heard it yet but very keen...

Thanks for mentioning that there actually IS another song out there. Just listened to the sample in Japanes ITunes-Store and it is an accoustic-rocker in the same vein as "Stripper Girl" although not quite on par. Definately no second "Handicapped Slut", which should've been on the standard edition as well...

Just got my ears on it then. Love it. Like you say, a more mellow tune but it'd be in the top half of the new disc. Some pretty funny shit actually, especially the lyrical ending, lol. Unsurprisingly a winner.

So...anyone agree this is their best one yet? Ok it's a close call with "Balls Out" but it sure as hell KILLS the debut, which is their weakest CD by far. (although not bad)

Fave track has to be "Bukkake Tears". Fantastic melodic rock with super sick lyrics...now that's a combination. :D

The thing with the debut is that it had some GREAT songs but a lot copied classic rock tracks so lacked a bit of identity.

Balls Out and the new album are just Steel Panther so seem more complete albums

To me in any case.

• 5 months later...