Winger

chocularok

KARMA FOR WINGER FANS IN OCTOBER:

A brand new Winger studio album is set for release in October on Frontiers Records. Titled Karma, the only indication of the direction of the record comes from this Reb Beach post from his website:

"Anyway, Kip and I have started the fifth Winger record, and I think you all are going to be so happy with it. I fly to Nashville next week to finish the guitars. It's very up-tempo, Motley Crue-ish stuff. The tunes are, you know, party, good time, bang you're head stuff. It has the elements of being the best Winger record yet, so we'll see. I did the best solo of my career on the outro of a Headed for a Heartbreak type song, that I know! It's two minutes long!!"

Always excited to hear about some new stuff from Kip & Reb! :banger:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will skip this. Kip Winger has lost his mind. Dreadful live and the last album sucked. He can keep his rambling progressive nonsense, if he can't make a great MHR record then he should give up IMO.

Kip Winger has lost his mind. Dreadful live and the last album sucked.

backed.

I got it really cheap thank God because other than for about two songs, this is a shocker :agree:

I literally just pumped my fist in the air. Like you guys and anyone with a proper set of ears, I HATED(!!!!!) the last CD, but come on guys, how can you not be a little bit excited by Reb's comments above? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They still have 3 excellent discs compared to one shocker so they deserve that at least. Can't wait for this!!!

Another new Winger album, quite the nice surprise if you ask me. For over a decade Kip never knew what to do with the fourth Winger effort, what it should be about. So when Winger IV finally hit the get go I figured the safe assumption was for this to be the last Winger album ever, or at least in a long long time. Winger IV to me was a nice addition to their catalogue. It wasn't exactly on par with previous efforts, but it wasn't bad either IMO. Unlike Europe who went all Alternative on me IV had a few classic outbursts with some decent to good tunes.

I'd hold my fire on the next record. In this delusional time where next to nothing's what it's supposed to be it's still not guilty unless proven otherwise. Even if you didn't like the last one at all, the description sounds like a more trademark approach.

I liked IV, too...don't see why so many people bash it. But from Reb's comments, maybe the new one will be more in line with their earlier albums. It would be cool if they pulled a Dokken & made a really 80's sounding record.

I will skip this. Kip Winger has lost his mind. Dreadful live and the last album sucked. He can keep his rambling progressive nonsense, if he can't make a great MHR record then he should give up IMO.

just wait till you hear what you're getting on this album, you will be impressed & you will like :)

:beerbang:

Hope you're right. I'd definitely play the soundbytes just to see what direction they're headed this time, and would never write them off. Anytime Reb Beach is involved in a project I'm always hopefull as the guy has a great ear for melody but that last album was all about Kip and the direction he wanted to go in. We'll see...

I liked IV, too...don't see why so many people bash it. But from Reb's comments, maybe the new one will be more in line with their earlier albums. It would be cool if they pulled a Dokken & made a really 80's sounding record.

Agree IV in my opinion was the best album of the year when It was out.

I've great expectetions for the new comer, a cross between Pull and the first two should be exceptional.

Pull is their best work for me.

Too many gerat bands from now to the end of the year will be out with a new cd, Europe,Bon jovi,Gotthard,Treat,Lynch mob,Danger Danger,House of lords, wait and see.

I literally just pumped my fist in the air. Like you guys and anyone with a proper set of ears, I HATED(!!!!!) the last CD, but come on guys, how can you not be a little bit excited by Reb's comments above? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They still have 3 excellent discs compared to one shocker so they deserve that at least. Can't wait for this!!!

Agreed.

The last album was a disappointment for me although there were a couple of good songs on it.

I'm excited by Reb's comments that there's going to be a decent ballad along the lines of Headed... on it.

I hope to God it's not that progressive shit like on the fourth album and hope it's similar to the first two albums although a similarity with the third album would almost be as good.

I'm surprised by everyone knocking them live. I think they sound perfect live.

I'm surprised by everyone knocking them live. I think they sound perfect live.

Yep, the time I saw them live they were excellent too - killed Ratt.

• 5 weeks later...
Artwork revealed...

winger-karma400.jpg

thats kinda cool... hope the music is as good.

Andrew just twittered the whole album with his views over at melrock.com.........sounded interesting.

Listening to it now. It's hit or miss, in my opinion. Too fragmented stylistically to hold my attention. Some great tracks and then some clunkers. I'm finding myself preferring the less "modern" tracks that harken back to their older sound.

Listening to it now. It's hit or miss, in my opinion. Too fragmented stylistically to hold my attention. Some great tracks and then some clunkers. I'm finding myself preferring the less "modern" tracks that harken back to their older sound.

Thanks for taking my hopes and crushing them like a lipstick-smeared cigarette butt under the boot heel of a 300 lb., cottage cheese-thighed biker momma. For a band that used to be all "hits," they sure are missing the mark these days. Maybe if I take the 5 good songs of this newie and combine them with the good songs off "IV," I'll actually have...well, I'll have 5 songs, 'cause there were no good ones on "IV"! ;)

Seriously, I'll have to spin it myself when the time comes, but Dan's comments have killed my hopes for something as awesome as "In the Heart of the Young" or "Pull."

Samples for all to check out:

http://www.frontiers.it/portals/0/multimed...1dealsample.mp3

http://www.frontiers.it/portals/0/multimed...stonesample.mp3

http://www.frontiers.it/portals/0/multimed...tnesssample.mp3

Hard to really judge from the snippets, but there seems to be a lot more Reb on this one, which suits me just fine.

Yeah, that cover looks pretty cool. I'm also a bit nervous after Dan's words, but looking forward to hearing it myself. As Mark says, it cannot possibly be worse than 'IV'.

Samples for all to check out:

http://www.frontiers.it/portals/0/multimed...1dealsample.mp3

http://www.frontiers.it/portals/0/multimed...stonesample.mp3

http://www.frontiers.it/portals/0/multimed...tnesssample.mp3

Hard to really judge from the snippets, but there seems to be a lot more Reb on this one, which suits me just fine.

Thanks for these.

The first one sounds great; the second one is OK but still sounds like Winger IV and the third one is a slow ballad and it's nice to hear keyboards reminiscent of the first album and it sounds great too. I never expect them to do a repeat of the first album again since they get made fun of for that album but it still sounds good. I'll be getting this one for sure.