Winger

chocularok

For the record I love it. Track running order doesnt really bother me too much.

By the way no-ones really mentioned 'Pull Me Under' yet?? Wicked tune.

Defo a top 5 for me.

Reb Beach rules this record..........

Yeah I suspect it will grow on me big-time, I hardly every like stuff on the first listen....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the samples at Frontier a pretty good sampling of what the CD is like?

To be honest, my couple of tries at the samples are not making me very excited but the comments in this thread are by and large pretty positive. So I am conflicted.

I was going to pick this up if Best Buy or Walmart actually carried it but it appears they will not.

In my thread I mentioned my adoration for all the hard rockers and 'Witness'. That is a great tune, but not the best of the hard rockers, imo. :)

Are the samples at Frontier a pretty good sampling of what the CD is like?

To be honest, my couple of tries at the samples are not making me very excited but the comments in this thread are by and large pretty positive. So I am conflicted.

I was going to pick this up if Best Buy or Walmart actually carried it but it appears they will not.

Personally I liked the samples but having the disc and spinning about 5 times already I like even better.

I might be alone but samples never are enough for me to make a good desicion unless they just totally sound like crap that is.

In my thread I mentioned my adoration for all the hard rockers and 'Witness'. That is a great tune, but not the best of the hard rockers, imo. :)

I agree "Pull Me Under" is a great tune and one I overlooked on the first few spins I made but now I do think it's great but then again I think tracks 1-10 are all great.

What about "Come a Little Closer" and "Big World Away"? Those two are awesome as well. :headbanger:

I agree "Pull Me Under" is a great tune and one I overlooked on the first few spins I made but now I do think it's great but then again I think tracks 1-10 are all great.

What about "Come a Little Closer" and "Big World Away"? Those two are awesome as well. :headbanger:

Yeah, 'Big world away' is very traditional Winger-sounding. Is that the one with the pre-solo that could have been taken off 'In the heart of the young'? There's one lead up to a solo on this disc that reminds me of 'In the heart of the young'.

Any of the first 5 are awesome to me, and 'Feeding frenzy' too is a killer. Great disc.

Yeah, 'Big world away' is very traditional Winger-sounding. Is that the one with the pre-solo that could have been taken off 'In the heart of the young'? There's one lead up to a solo on this disc that reminds me of 'In the heart of the young'.

Any of the first 5 are awesome to me, and 'Feeding frenzy' too is a killer. Great disc.

Yeah backed - great album!

My only criticism is that the second from last (actual) song goes on too much and should have been at least 1 min shorter....maybe more...and i find myself just skipping onto the awesome 'Witness'

By the way did i mention how awesome 'Witness' is?? Its awesome........got it ;-))

Nice album. It's better than Winger !V by a mile. I like how After All This Time has a solo by John Roth.

The track Pull Me Under seems to be co-written by someone with the surname Huff. I presume this is Dann Huff. Am I right.

Overall a nice disc. Easier to get into than Pull in my opinion.

Nice album. It's better than Winger !V by a mile. I like how After All This Time has a solo by John Roth.

The track Pull Me Under seems to be co-written by someone with the surname Huff. I presume this is Dann Huff. Am I right.

Yes that's Dan Huff.

Yes that's Dan Huff.

Thanks for responding and allowing my curious mind to rest. :)

I have always wondered why John Roth's creative input is so insignificant. In the booklet he is credited for one song and one solo. And both are among the best! Perhaps he's not eager himself, and willingly accepts the role of a performer only? IMO, he's no worse than Reb Beach as a guitarist and a songwriter or co-writter too, as it becomes apparent. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up the other day even though I had originally written it off as just a couple of good songs with too much filler. That opinion was based on the 30 second sound samples I had heard. Well, I'm definitely glad I went ahead and gave Winger and the boys the benefit of the doubt. While "Big World Away" and "Feeding Frenzy" are still my favorite, I've been groovin' to such other good tunes like "Stone Cold Killer", "Supernova", and "Witness" as well. So, while there is still some filler material mixed in as well (is an instrumental really considered a bonus track?), it is good to here Kip singing some catchy hard rock again.