What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Deep Purple - Slaves And Masters

Deep Purple - The Battle Rages On

Deep Purple - Perpendicular

B-Joe - Ready To Ride

Got out & bought a few cd's today...

Scorpions - Humanity Hour 1

Aerosmith - Rock In A Hard Place (remaster)

Black Sabbath - Forbidden

B-Joe - Ready To Ride

I see your stocking up on some Deep Purple lately. :tumbsup:

Yeah - Hadn't got too much of their stuff after 'Perfect Strangers' and have been meaning to stock up after seeing them last year. some quality discs in there that I have missed all these years. Have got 'Abandon' and 'Rapture..' coming to finish them off.

B-Joe - Ready To Ride

Yeah - Hadn't got too much of their stuff after 'Perfect Strangers' and have been meaning to stock up after seeing them last year. some quality discs in there that I have missed all these years. Have got 'Abandon' and 'Rapture..' coming to finish them off.

I have most of their stuff but have passed on 'Rapture' and 'Bannanas'.

I did like 'Perpendicular' and 'Abandon' was okay but no great.

'Battle Rages On' and 'Slaves and Masters' kick ass though.

For the most part I've only been listening to the Mark III and IV era stuff and also the Box Set too.

B-Joe - Ready To Ride

For the most part I've only been listening to the Mark III and IV era stuff and also the Box Set too.

Which box set is that, The Live In Europe 4cd?

B-Joe - Ready To Ride

No the 'Shades 68-98 4 disc Box Set'. It was released on Warner Archives/Warner Bros. Records in 1999.

I'm not sure if it just released in the states or if it got a release everywhere.

What is the 'Live in Europe 4cd? Is that all MK III/IV?

I do have the 'Deep Purple Archive Alive: MK III Final Concerts', and it's awesome IMO.

I also have the MK IV 'Live in Tokyo: This Time Around', and it's horrible. I think Tommy Bolin got f#@ked up on Heroin and f#@ked up his arm before the show and couldn't play at all and Hughes was singing like Stevie Wonder throughout the whole show.

Thanks Mike! :drink:

Wilkes Booth-One Night Stand

Velvet Revolution-Back In The Red

Straight Stuff-Stop The Madness

Trespass-Kids On The Run

Others this week:

The Excessives-S/T

Grita-Gree-tah=scream! (compilation)(The Psychotic Aztecs, Negu Gorriak, Todos Tus Muertos, Los Mas Turbados, The Pleasure Fuckers, Cerebros Exprimidos, La Polla Records, Blind Pigs)

Nothing But Trouble-Soundtrack

Ratos de Porao-Brasil

Sarah Hudson-Naked Truth

Sore Loser-No Justice

Coptic Rain-Eleven:Eleven

Danny Elfman-Serenada Schizophrana

B-Joe - Ready To Ride

No the 'Shades 68-98 4 disc Box Set'. It was released on Warner Archives/Warner Bros. Records in 1999.

I'm not sure if it just released in the states or if it got a release everywhere.

I do have the 'Deep Purple Archive Alive: MK III Final Concerts', and it's awesome IMO.

I also have the MK IV 'Live in Tokyo: This Time Around', and it's horrible. I think Tommy Bolin got f#@ked up on Heroin and f#@ked up his arm before the show and couldn't play at all and Hughes was singing like Stevie Wonder throughout the whole show.

The Live In Europe is from 1993.

The Shades Box I can get for £23 on import - may give it a misss as I have most of the stuff on there I think!

of note to Aussie collectors, just got myself a nice little find:

Devils in Heaven - liberation

:)

Is that a single/ep?

DId they ever release a full length album?

yeh its a 3 track single ep thingy.. cardboard sleeve.

I duno?? i just posted a thread about it... from memory this may be all they ever released? I thought you may know..

B-Joe - Ready To Ride

The Live In Europe is from 1993.

The Shades Box I can get for £23 on import - may give it a misss as I have most of the stuff on there I think!

I remember that Live in Europe now. I think it was just released or re-released last year.

The shades box does have some cool stuff on it but if you have most of the other albums it's not worth it but it does have an excellent booklet with many pictures and story behind each song. My only complaint is there was no 'Mistreated' and not enough Coverdale/Hughes era stuff.

of note to Aussie collectors, just got myself a nice little find:

Devils in Heaven - liberation

:)

Is that a single/ep?

DId they ever release a full length album?

Yeah, just replied in the thread... there was definitely never any full album... sadly. :( Just those 2 singles, I believe.

East Coast - s/t

Van Leer - I hate myself (for loving you)

Nice find !! :P

What a good day. :)

In the mail:

TT Quick - Metal Of Honor (for me there is nothing better than cranking "Child Of Sin"! :banger: )

:agree: Queen of the Scene also floats my boat. :banger:

Backed x2! Hell, I even like the cover of the Dave Clark Five's "Glad All Over" on that one. :blink:

What a good day. :)

In the mail:

TT Quick - Metal Of Honor (for me there is nothing better than cranking "Child Of Sin"! :banger: )

:agree: Queen of the Scene also floats my boat. :banger:

Backed x2! Hell, I even like the cover of the Dave Clark Five's "Glad All Over" on that one. :blink:

I was surprised how well I enjoyed their version of "Glad All Over" as well. Just an all around great cd. I can't believe I waited so long to pick it up.