What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

I got around to picking up some new cd's for the first time in forever...

From NEH:

Sargant Fury - Anthology Box Set

Strike Twice - Strike Twice

From Perris Records (nice sale going on until tomorrow!)

Dirty Looks - California Free Ride

Funny Money - Stick It!

Funny Money - S/T

Nympho - VIP

S.E.X. Department - S/T

Star Rats - Rebelution

Barren Cross - State of Control

Manikan Laff - s/t

Lord Tracy - 'Deaf Gods of Babylon

Tigertailz - Wazbones

BB Steal - Resurrection

Farrcry - Can't bargain with God (spare copy for trade)

Thanks to Lindsay and Uncle Sax!!!

Ooh that Star Rats rocks IMO, love that Barren Cross, the Lord Tracy is cool but just okay IMO, the Tigertailz is awesome. :headbanger:

What's that Farrcry like?

Yeah, I'm such a bad-ass sleazy mofo with a haul like that. I've never heard the Lord Tracy disc and missed out on picking it up for nothing in the Secondspin sales so I wanted to try it out. It looks interesting.

Farrcry is excellent. Well, almost. Some excellent stuff on there amidst a few fillers. I don't know how hard it is to find, but I always thought it was. I doubt I'll get time before I leave for holidays this week, but I'll try to upload it for you. I think you'll dig it quite a bit. Closest comparison would be a band like Inside Out.

I thought you bought that Starrats disc years ago? Did you ever get Broken Halo?

Star Rats - Rebelution

Barren Cross - State of Control

Manikan Laff - s/t

Lord Tracy - 'Deaf Gods of Babylon

Tigertailz - Wazbones

BB Steal - Resurrection

Farrcry - Can't bargain with God (spare copy for trade)

Thanks to Lindsay and Uncle Sax!!!

Ooh that Star Rats rocks IMO, love that Barren Cross, the Lord Tracy is cool but just okay IMO, the Tigertailz is awesome. :headbanger:

What's that Farrcry like?

Yeah, I'm such a bad-ass sleazy mofo with a haul like that. I've never heard the Lord Tracy disc and missed out on picking it up for nothing in the Secondspin sales so I wanted to try it out. It looks interesting.

Farrcry is excellent. Well, almost. Some excellent stuff on there amidst a few fillers. I don't know how hard it is to find, but I always thought it was. I doubt I'll get time before I leave for holidays this week, but I'll try to upload it for you. I think you'll dig it quite a bit. Closest comparison would be a band like Inside Out.

I thought you bought that Starrats disc years ago? Did you ever get Broken Halo?

I've heard it yes, but still looking for a hard copy. :)

i had 20 spare bucks and i bought intruder-live to die(with sticker)....i'm sure that dave richards loves me....hope the cd doesn't smell like it just came from the press plant...

Did you buy it from ebay / D. Richards' account?

I assume that those he's selling there were made recently - I got 2 in the past and both were without one side tray-liner on back insert, while my personal copy, bought in early 90s, is complete.

Sargant Fury - The Anthology Box Set 3 CD

Queen - S/T

Queen - II

Queen - Sheer Heart Attack

Mr.Parry,.This is your debit card calling,"STOP PLEASE....YOU'RE FUCKIN' KILLING ME"

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Shop around and thou whilst find a bargain ;)

Meshuggah-Catch Thirty Three (W/slipcase)

Our Funeral Forgotten-I Am Gone, You Are Dreaming Me (Nice disc, for SR-71 fans)

DXD-Take A Breath (Seattle, 2003, Good female fronted hard rock/metal)

Entropy-S/T (1993, Fractal Records, Warren New Jersey. Real nice AOR ala Bon Jovi, anyone know this band?)

Meshuggah-Catch Thirty Three (W/slipcase)

Our Funeral Forgotten-I Am Gone, You Are Dreaming Me (Nice disc, for SR-71 fans)

DXD-Take A Breath (Seattle, 2003, Good female fronted hard rock/metal)

Entropy-S/T (1993, Fractal Records, Warren New Jersey. Real nice AOR ala Bon Jovi, anyone know this band?)

Entropy - Never heard of them. But very interested based on your comments there...

Pretty Wild - 'All the way'

whered you get that from assbandit?

My rear end. lol. What a call. Haha. lol. Haha.

But yeah, got it in a trade with a British buddy. I gave him a couple of discs, but one was that Silvertide 'Show and tell' CD so I was more than willing. What was the other one? Some recent melodic rock title..

Through the letterbox over the last day or so

Steevi Jaimz - My Private Hell

Cheap Trick - The Latest

Icon - s/t and NotC box....funny...big box for a couple of CD's but no denying the quality

Steevi Jaimz - My Private Hell

in the running for album of the year imo.

really?

Im weighing up buying it... i love the first half... but the 2nd half just drops off

yeah, i remember you saying that... but i've given it a really good listen over the past 2 weeks and don't find it drops off too much. Sure, the first 2 songs are explosive, but after that it's pretty consistant.

probably Steevie Jaimz, Hardcore Superstar and Bai Bang are my top 3 of 2009 so far (in no particular order). There may be some stuff from earlier in the year that I'm forgetting, but those are the 3 sticking in my head at the moment.