Great songs ruined/lessened by poor vocals

I was listening to the last Sister album recently and especially the below song and couldn't help thinking how good this would have been with a singer that could actually sing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpGrScxWKQI

Anyone else have songs/albums/bands where they love the songs but feel the vocals ruined or lessened the enjoyment ?

Most of you won't like this, but for me a lot of songs sung by women......

For example some of Cher's late 80s AOR albums had some really good songs and performances from studio musicians, like ''Kiss To Kiss''

Not saying it's disastrous, but I think could have been better with another singer. Or if Femme Fatale's ''Fallin In And Out Of Love'' had been sung by a dude

Not my opinion, but a friend of mine thinks White Widdow is a great band but doesn't like Jules' vocals, he says they don't fit, are ''weak'' or not ''distinctive'' enough. But he's more of a ''mainstream'' guy anyway so I'm surprised he likes it in the first place

Certainly preferred Bryan Ferry's vocals on 'Hard Rain' to Dylan's.

I always get the feeling Adele tries too hard with her vocals too which really puts me off listening to anything by her

I'm probably going to get hung out to dry for this, but ... Pantera. LOVE the music, can't stand the vocals.

Bands like She Must Burn or Bleed From Within - screeching/barking like some sort of wild animal is all well and good, but not all the way through every single bloody song!

I was listening to the last Sister album recently and especially the below song and couldn't help thinking how good this would have been with a singer that could actually sing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpGrScxWKQI

Anyone else have songs/albums/bands where they love the songs but feel the vocals ruined or lessened the enjoyment ?

Wow, that's fucking terrible.

I don't think I like this thread.

Rather avoid the shit...

• 2023 Gold Donors

The only one i can really think of is "Black Label Society".

No song in particular, just generally.

Don't get me wrong, i really love them and Zakk just manages to pull off vocal duties (only just), but i just think how much better they would be if he'd brought in someone else to sing.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Also "Accept".

Could never stand Udo's voice ....and while am at it perhaps controversially "Motorhead". Lemmy, of course is/was legendary and his contribution to hard rock/heavy metal is unquestionable, but the guy could not sing for shit.

Yeah, Sister is a shame. They could be good but the vocals seem to get worse with every release. The new one sounds shocking.

As for Lordi, I'm not even sure if we're even missing out on great songs. The vocals are an instant put-off, but what goes on in those songs? I have heard some great riffs and music tracks, but what are the lyrics about, and would there be good hooks if a C*NT was not "singing?"

The only time I get irritated by vocals is when the music is great but the vocals are unintelligible....gruff but understandable vocals don't bother me for bands like Sister and Lordi as I think the vocals suit the sound....besides if every singer started to sound like Steve Perry I would shoot myself....lol

Osukaru...most of their albums ruined by poor vocals.

The second dude, Chris Tiann, wasn't bad. I didn't mind him.

The last Stryper album was ruined as i could not understand one word he was on about.

I dont want to agree with this... but Michael is a bit hard to understand lately.... despite sounding good. I did need to look at the lyrics on the first few spins.

That's a shame. Never really been too much of an issue in the past.

I'm not a huge fan of the heavy screachy Styrper any more.
THWTD was cool and all at the time, but these days I prefer the more mellow ballady stuff

Hist first solo album was exceptional.

Also "Accept".

Could never stand Udo's voice ....and while am at it perhaps controversially "Motorhead". Lemmy, of course is/was legendary and his contribution to hard rock/heavy metal is unquestionable, but the guy could not sing for shit.

I think Lemmy would be the first to agree! :)

Basically every Volbeat song, man their songs are catchy! but the dude sounds like the swedish chef off the muppet show.

Oh, now that made me laugh! (Makes me want to go and listen to them now though)

Great song, but the voice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff6mNL5upNM

Ha, I like those guys vocals and all. Unique... kind of like a modern day Davy Vain or something. But yeah, I kind of always dug the guy's uniqueness.