Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Hummingbird-poster-A4.jpg

Not bad, reasonable storyline. A fix of Statham kept the missus happy and it had a bit more depth than his usual 'just beat everyone up' roles. He does beat everyone up, though.

Not bad, reasonable storyline. A fix of Statham kept the missus happy and it had a bit more depth than his usual 'just beat everyone up' roles. He does beat everyone up, though.

Statham is in 'Spy' ... his role is very tongue-in-cheek, and he does a good job of sending up the beat-'em-all-up/take-on-the-world-single-handed characters that he's known for ... at least, I HOPE his role is intended to be tongue-in-cheek ;)

I still wouldn't cross the road to see one of HIS films, though :)

Statham is in 'Spy' ... his role is very tongue-in-cheek, and he does a good job of sending up the beat-'em-all-up/take-on-the-world-single-handed characters that he's known for ... at least, I HOPE his role is intended to be tongue-in-cheek ;)

My missus would. :rolleyes:

• My Little Pony

Off to see the Minion movie tonight with my better half and (between us) five kids ... my youngest daughter wants to see 'Jurassic World' :popcorn:

Jurassic World on Saturday, not bad...

Yeah, Jurassic World was decent. No real complaints, but it's also not something I'll ever watch again.

I'm curious to know what the Minions movie is like. Let us know, Gibs.

I was worried that the Minions film might just be a step too far, but it was actually very good ... as with the 'Despicable Me' films, there's plenty of stuff going on in the background, and Sandra Bullock is great as the villain of the piece ... the kids LOVED it (we had five kids with us - the eldest is 17, the youngest is 11) ... go see it :)

Good to know, though I probably won't go see it on the silver screen. I'll wait for the BluRays.

• My Little Pony

He was great in "Spy." Great film all around.

Interstellar ; I really liked it. Gotta admit quite a bit of it was beyond my understanding, as I try to understand everything I see and hear in the movies I see. And it was a struggle with this one, and McConaughey's insistence on whispering half his lines didn't help matters either . But I still enjoyed it and the core storyline and the movie itself quite a lot. Good, rather moving movie. And oh, is it possible for a female to be less sexually attractive than Anne Hathaway??

Interstellar ; I really liked it. Gotta admit quite a bit of it was beyond my understanding, as I try to understand everything I see and hear in the movies I see. And it was a struggle with this one, and McConaughey's insistence on whispering half his lines didn't help matters either . But I still enjoyed it and the core storyline and the movie itself quite a lot. Good, rather moving movie. And oh, is it possible for a female to be less sexually attractive than Anne Hathaway??

Yeah I dig this movie too and probably required at least seeing this movie twice to fully grab the whole essence, but anyway which part of it is beyond your understanding ? Probably the Tesseract part ?

Yeah I dig this movie too and probably required at least seeing this movie twice to fully grab the whole essence, but anyway which part of it is beyond your understanding ? Probably the Tesseract part ?

I guess I didn't understand the tesseract part as I don't even know what that is, lol. I don't remember that and yeah, the movie definitely requires a couple of views. But nah, it was just trying to wrap my head around the whole space/time travel thing, or even just the start and what was actually going on with all the co-ordinates and why/how they went to the space station in the first place... but that's more something I'd probably pick up immediately if I watched it again and paid full attention.

Also, without spoiling it for anyone, the whole black hole thing was a complete trip. The way it concluded and the incidents in there etc.

I guess I didn't understand the tesseract part as I don't even know what that is, lol. I don't remember that and yeah, the movie definitely requires a couple of views. But nah, it was just trying to wrap my head around the whole space/time travel thing, or even just the start and what was actually going on with all the co-ordinates and why/how they went to the space station in the first place... but that's more something I'd probably pick up immediately if I watched it again and paid full attention.

Also, without spoiling it for anyone, the whole black hole thing was a complete trip. The way it concluded and the incidents in there etc.

I try to remember the movie as it's been a while but what I've recollected, they went out there to save mankind as the food on earth is running out because of the bad harvest or something and the professor have two options, go there to see if the newly spotted planet is inhabitable and come back to bring humans to the planet, or the second one, bring some human eggs to breed there, while actually they have plan to execute plan B from the start but lie to the guy so he's willing to go there in the first place :D

Tesseract thing is the five dimensional stuff near the end of the movie where he sucked into wormhole and realized that the 'ghost' in the early movie is actually himself communicating from another time dimension.

I try to remember the movie as it's been a while but what I've recollected, they went out there to save mankind as the food on earth is running out because of the bad harvest or something and the professor have two options, go there to see if the newly spotted planet is inhabitable and come back to bring humans to the planet, or the second one, bring some human eggs to breed there, while actually they have plan to execute plan B from the start but lie to the guy so he's willing to go there in the first place :D

Tesseract thing is the five dimensional stuff near the end of the movie where he sucked into wormhole and realized that the 'ghost' in the early movie is actually himself communicating from another time dimension.

Haha. Yeah mate, I got all the basic stuff. I'm talking more in-depth things (I guess you could call it the "science" of the film) that went over my head a bit.

"Johnny Dangerously" (1984)

Michael Keaton stars in this "Airplane!"-esque slapstick send up of '30s gangster movies, as a nice-guy hood who rises to the top of the New York rackets. Lots of silly, endlessly quotable fun with a great cast incl. Peter Boyle, Joe Piscopo, Maureen Stapleton and a smokin' hot Marilu Henner.

Excellent film and certainly classic Mike Keaton! And more than likely Piscopo's best role ever.

"Boss you can't park here its handicap. I am handicapped I'm psychotic."

On topic: Movie 43 again, damn funny stuff!

"Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II" (1987)

Just before the Senior Prom, a teenybopper is possessed by the vengeful spirit of the 1957 prom queen, who died tragically during her coronation - and who still wants her crown. This delightfully sleazy, gory Canadian horror cheapie borrows heavily from "Carrie" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street" - ("Mary Lou" would be the perfect girl for Freddy Krueger) - but making the bad guy a bad girl is a unique twist that makes this the only "Prom Night" flick worth watching.

'Into the storm' ; well,that was exactly what it was. Silly throwaway storm movie; I guess like an updated version of 'Twister.' Watchable, but pointless. My favourite part of it was the inclusion of this young actor:

tumblr_nkq9w3XnAi1tjqijpo1_540.jpg

"Ghoulies II" (1988)

After hitching a ride on a traveling carnival truck, the evil little critters take up residence in a run down fun house, which provides plenty of willing victims. Low-budget schlocky fun that's better than the original "Ghoulies" but that's not really saying much. W.A.S.P. provides the end credit song, "Scream Until You Like It."

Nice!

Die Hard: With a Vengeance - Really enjoyed this one, nearly as much as the first

Good flick. The script was for a Lethal Weapon Movie, but some of the cast turned it down.

Road House.. Need I say anything else??? :tumbsup:

NOPE!!!

"Johnny Dangerously" (1984)

Michael Keaton stars in this "Airplane!"-esque slapstick send up of '30s gangster movies, as a nice-guy hood who rises to the top of the New York rackets. Lots of silly, endlessly quotable fun with a great cast incl. Peter Boyle, Joe Piscopo, Maureen Stapleton and a smokin' hot Marilu Henner.

Nice

Road House.. Need I say anything else??? :tumbsup:

I haven't seen this for an age, was this the one with "you can be my Monday night thing"?

"Despicable Me 2" (2013)

The now-reformed "Gru" is recruited by a top-secret spy organization to uncover the identity of a new super-villain who, naturally, has plans to take over the world. Much Minion-fueled mayhem and destruction ensues in this sequel to the 2010 family hit. Funny stuff.