Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Heist (2015) - movie that has both Robert De Niro and Zack from Saved by the bell (Marc Paul Gossellaar). As the title says it's a criminal/heist movie that turns into a kind of a Speed copy. It was better than I expected, worth a watch.

Thin Ice (2011) - fun crime drama similar to Fargo

Rules Don't Apply (2016) - nice drama about Howard Hughes

"Ratchet & Clank" (2016)

A mechanically-inclined space critter and his robot pal are recruited into the mighty Galaxy Rangers to help beat a super villain with a planet-destroying device. 
Goofy cartoon fluff based on the series of Playstation video games which my 10 year old loves, so he laughed all the way through this. File this one under "harmless fun for kids, painless for their parents."

"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" (2017)

Marvel Comics' wise-ass space mercenary Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, finally learns his origin when he meets his long lost father, Ego (Kurt Russell) -- a god-like being with cosmic powers and his own planet. At first the father/son reunion seems to be going well, but eventually Daddy-O reveals his nefarious purpose and the rest of the Guardians have to come to the rescue. 
This fast, funny, action packed sci-fi adventure is just as much fun as the first "Guardians" film. Two Rocket Raccoon paws up.

"Krampus" (2015)

When a young boy loses faith in Christmas, his bickering family's dysfunctional holiday gets crashed by the Yuletide demon of German folklore. 
Director Michael Dougherty's festive horror comedy isn't quite on par with his cult Halloween classic "Trick r' Treat," but it's got cool creature effects and a mean streak a mile wide, making it a nice antidote to all the shiny-happy holiday movies that take over at this time of year. 

1 hour ago, metaltrekman said:

I watched the Rock Documentary "Hired Gun" Friday night and really enjoyed it. I never knew that bands did that before. And Ive always been a Billy Joel fan, but he was a real Asshole to his "friends"! :(

I just watched this one as well. Twas interesting and Billy wasn't very nice to his long time band mates.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Caught bits and pieces of "The boy Scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse" on TV last night. Pretty crap movie, but in one scene there was a shot of an "Arabian nights" theme strip club called    "Lawrence of Alabia". It made me laugh.

Star Wars : The Last Jedi

Took my wife and two oldest sons to see this today.

I'm a massive star wars fan and have been since seeing the original back on its release as a 4 year old so this was disappointing but still good,not incredible...just good,was not blown away...yet,will require further views to see if that happens,some nice parts but I won't be a spoiler and let everyone else make up their own minds.

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, lettard said:

Star Wars : The Last Jedi

Took my wife and two oldest sons to see this today.

I'm a massive star wars fan and have been since seeing the original back on its release as a 4 year old so this was disappointing but still good,not incredible...just good,was not blown away...yet,will require further views to see if that happens,some nice parts but I won't be a spoiler and let everyone else make up their own minds.

I'm seeing this tonight. I've avoided all trailers, save the first teaser, so I'm going in blind. Personally, I can not wait. So hyped for this. 

I don't recall how you received A New Hope II. Do you think that was better?

• My Little Pony

Yeah, I just got back from Star Wars, too.

*sigh*

I'd be lying if I said I was only a little disappointed. Not a bad film, as already said, but there was a lot I didn't like. 

To sum up how I feel about it, let me quote my brother from our discussion just minutes ago, "When I watched the previous films I was excited to learn more. 'I wonder who this guy is!' 'Where is this guy from?' But now I don't care. I'm OK with waiting two years for the next film."

Finally. After all these years, my excitement for a new Star Wars film might be dying. I feel the spark is fading. 

8 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, I just got back from Star Wars, too.

*sigh*

I'd be lying if I said I was only a little disappointed. Not a bad film, as already said, but there was a lot I didn't like. 

To sum up how I feel about it, let me quote my brother from our discussion just minutes ago, "When I watched the previous films I was excited to learn more. 'I wonder who this guy is!' 'Where is this guy from?' But now I don't care. I'm OK with waiting two years for the next film."

Finally. After all these years, my excitement for a new Star Wars film might be dying. I feel the spark is fading. 

Yeah disappointing is a good word to use,but I think with repeated views it will come up better,I loved all the others btw and still do,the last 2 releases Force Awakens & Rogue One had me really bouncing leaving the cinema,just like the 4 year old me and eagerly awaiting the next instalment,this episode sadly did not.

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, lettard said:

Yeah disappointing is a good word to use,but I think with repeated views it will come up better,I loved all the others btw and still do,the last 2 releases Force Awakens & Rogue One had me really bouncing leaving the cinema,just like the 4 year old me and eagerly awaiting the next instalment,this episode sadly did not.

Repeated views might change my opinion, too. I don't wanna get into it too much, as I don't want to spoil the film for anyone, but there were definitely scenes that had me beaming. 

Time for some seasonal schlock:

"Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out!" (1989)

A blind girl with psychic powers accidentally "connects" with the comatose "Ricky" (aka the Santa Claus killer from "SNDN 2"), who wakes up and follows her to Granny's house to crash her family's Christmas celebration. You can probably figure out the rest. This dreadfully slow paced and poorly acted direct-to-video slasher schlock may be the worst entry in the entire "Silent Night, Deadly Night" series, which is really saying a lot, esp. if you've seen "2." :D

"Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation" (1990)

While investigating a woman's mysterious fiery death, an L.A. magazine reporter is drawn into a coven of witches who want her to become their newest member. Eventually she learns that for the final step to get her into the club, she has to perform a human sacrifice on Christmas Eve. Yikes!
This DTV sequel is totally unrelated to the other three SNDN films, which is actually a good thing. It wasn't great by any means, but it was certainly better than the previous installment, thanks to some bizarre body-horror moments ala Cronenberg, the cool/icky bug/creature effects, and the performances from some familiar faces incl. Maud "Octopussy" Adams and the always dependable Clint Howard. I've read some reviews that call this flick the "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" of the "SNDN" series, and I can agree with that.

Well let's see been seeing a bit lately and haven't posted in a bit.

Binge watched Stranger Things Season 1. Nice little X-Files meets Eerie Indiana show. The throwback to the glorious 80's was a nice touch and for those who haven't seen it I won't spoil anything and will say its worth a watch. I need to do a little research but in various scenes of kids bedrooms there are some very excellent movie posters (Evil Dead, The Thing, Jaws) so it makes me wonder what the inside poop is on that. Again worthy of your time.

Leap, The Nut Job 2, Cars 3 all fine and well family fodder with the nod to Cars and the inclusion of Paul Newman. Leap was actually a surprise sleeper with the ballet fueled orphan uplifter and the NJ2 with the nut jokes abound...

Life. Complete Alien rip but put together fine. No spoils here but the ending was a very nice, albeit, obvious touch.

Texas Chainsaw reboot from 2013. Zero point other than to showcase that Percy Jackson, Baywatch light eyed gals midriff for an hour and a half. We've discussed her before and she is certainly worthy of a leer or 20.