Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Last night I watched the classic '80s comedy "Bachelor Party" -- hadn't seen that in probably 20 years, it still cracks me up. There are soooooooo many quotable lines/bits in that movie! (still my fave: "You're a pimp? You look like Gandhi!") It's a total time capsule. The clothes, the music, the neon color scheme on damn near everything -- it's like going back to high school again. And OOOOOOF, Tawny Kitaen was at her absolute hottest when she made that movie....

I have always wondered how Tom Hanks feels about this movie, now that he's gone on to become such an acclaimed, serious, award winning actor. I would hope he's got a sense of humor about it. Hell, I like this kinda stuff better than most of what he's done since he got famous. I was a big Hanks fan back when he was doing goofball stuff like this movie, "Volunteers," and "Dragnet."

My Name is Bruce...

Absolutely Hilarious!!!

Here's the write up....

Mistaken for the character he plays in the Evil Dead films, B-movie icon Bruce Campbell (playing himself) is kidnapped by the citizens of a small mining town who want him to save them from a vengeful demon. At first, Campbell thinks it's all part of an elaborate prank. But when he realizes the demon is in fact real, he comes face to face with a second terrifying enemy -- his own fear. Ted Raimi co-stars in this tongue-in-cheek comedy.

LOVED it!!! :bowdown:

But then I love Bruce Campbell..... :tumbsup:

My Name is Bruce...

Absolutely Hilarious!!!

Here's the write up....

Mistaken for the character he plays in the Evil Dead films, B-movie icon Bruce Campbell (playing himself) is kidnapped by the citizens of a small mining town who want him to save them from a vengeful demon. At first, Campbell thinks it's all part of an elaborate prank. But when he realizes the demon is in fact real, he comes face to face with a second terrifying enemy -- his own fear. Ted Raimi co-stars in this tongue-in-cheek comedy.

LOVED it!!! :bowdown:

But then I love Bruce Campbell..... :tumbsup:

Not seen the film, but may have to after your comments, sounds great. Agree that Bruce Campbell is really good. My brother thinks BC is the greatest actor of all time.

I presume you enjoyed Bubba Ho-Tep?

Identity

(did not finish)

Is that because you didn't like it? I love that film.

Yeah, great one.

Oooh spooky, watched it yesterday too (the extended cut this time). I like it, great atmosphere!

Also watched The Soloist which wasn't a bad character driven drama type of thing.

"The Adventures of Ford Fairlane" -- hadn't seen this one in awhile.

Strangely enough, even in his heyday, I could only take Andrew Dice Clay in small doses but despite that I love this freakin' movie. It also happens to contain the greatest line of movie dialogue ever written in film history:

"Talking to Zuzu was like masturbating with a cheese grater. Somewhat entertaining, but mostly painful." :rofl:

Strangely enough, even in his heyday, I could only take Andrew Dice Clay in small doses but despite that I love this freakin' movie. It also happens to contain the greatest line of movie dialogue ever written in film history:

"Talking to Zuzu was like masturbating with a cheese grater. Somewhat entertaining, but mostly painful." :rofl:

Man I gotta watch that again Myself.. I Haven't seen it in a few years and it's pretty damn funny.... Wasn't there a line in it.. something like.. SO many assholes, so few bullets?? something like that..... :lol:

District 9

Excellent film!

Watched a Documentary called The King of Kong....

When Steve Wiebe got laid off, he turned to the classic arcade game Donkey Kong for solace; soon, he decided to challenge Billy Mitchell's long-standing record score. So began the bitter rivalry that lies at the heart of this curiously compelling documentary. Providing a history of competitive video gaming and a look at some of the key players, The King of Kong is at its best when revealing just how far Mitchell will go to retain his crown.

Was actually kinda cool.. Love retro games, so I enjoyed it....

Man I gotta watch that again Myself.. I Haven't seen it in a few years and it's pretty damn funny.... Wasn't there a line in it.. something like.. SO many assholes, so few bullets?? something like that..... :lol:

Yep, that's in there... and how bout when he toasts the bad guy's evil plan by saying, "Here's to you... SUCKIN' MY D*CK!" :lol:

"The Blob" - the 1958 original starring a young Steve McQueen. Cheesy as hell by today's standards (the Blob looks like a chewed up piece of bubble gum) but I have a soft spot for this movie, as it's one flick that I remember really scared the CRAP outta me when I was a kid. Lord knows why, looking back, but it's still fun to watch.

Seven Pounds with Will Smith

Not my normal movie fare, but I quite enjoyed it. :tumbsup: