Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

I bought my Dad, a huge Clint Eastwood fan, "Dirty Harry" on DVD for Father's Day and gave it to him early, so we sat down and watched it last night. It's still a classic.

The wife and I just returned a short while ago from taking the young'un to see "Cars," the new Disney/Pixar movie. It was an interesting evening all around because it was my son's first movie theatre going experience and it was my first time in a movie theatre since the first "Spider-Man," which was before my son was even born!! I am pleased to report that aside from a slight meltdown at around the 3/4 mark of the film my son had a lot of fun and I'm probably going to hear a lot of talk about "Cars" from him for a while.

So anyway, even if you don't have a young'un, CARS is worth seeing. I'm a major cartoon freak and have loved every Disney/Pixar film and it amazes me how they manage to out-do themselves (technologically speaking) with each new film. I spent the first fifteen minutes or so of this movie with my jaw in my lap, simply geeking out on the awesome animation work. The race track scenes in this movie are so realistic that after a while you almost forget you're watching a cartoon...that is, until they pan to a shot of the crowd in the stands and it's made up of hundreds of thousands of little cars and trucks, not people!! There are some great gags that will likely fly over the heads of the kids but are aimed straight at the parents, and a great voice cast (Owen Wilson as the cocky stock car "Lightning McQueen," George Carlin as a hippie Volkswagen bus, Larry The Cable Guy as a friendly redneck tow truck, etc.), all of which add up to a great night out. Thumbs up from Fat Freddy for this one!!

On Golden Blonde------hahahahaha

RUNNING SCARED

Holy crap, what a great movie! Vicious, violent, bloody, kinetic, stylish...I loved it and plan to quickly add it to my ever-expanding (like my waist) DVD collection. Were those pedophiles creepy as hell or what? Loved it when the wife gave them their comeuppance. I nearly stood up and cheered...until I realized I was sitting alone in my apartment with a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios on my lap... :anon:

We went to watch MI III while we were in Guam. A fellow co-worker of mine's daughter was in the movie. She played the female agent on the IMF team (Maggie Q is her stage name).

How was the movie overall?

Just watched "The Eagle Has Landed", old but good. Treat Williams looks like he's about 14 in it.

After she suffered through the bloody violence of "Running Scared" the other night, my wife made me sit down and watch "What Women Want" with her last night. Yep, a chick flick.

God, I feel so emasculated... :anon:

'Outbreak' - cool film, haven't seen it for ages.

'The benchwarmers' - seriously, is Rob Schnieder meant to be funny, ever? Seriously don't mind the guy, but he is just not funny. Cool film anyway, got a few laughs out of me.

'Click' - wow, well this is anything but a comedy. Some amusing bits, but this is not what you'd expect from Sandler's previous comic past... still a very enjoyable film. And it must be said, the girls in it are stunning. His wife is gorgeous... his daughter in the later pasrt of his life is just f*cking mind blowing. Gorgeous girls in every role, though. Yeah, cool film.