Motley Crue new single Dogs of war due 26th April

Posted (edited)

I can imagine the band sitting around:

Nikki "Anyone here heard Micks solo album?"

Tommy: "Yeah, its been incredibly well recieved"

Vince "People still hate us for kicking him"

Nikki "We better release some new material to try to distract the fans and take Micks thunder"

Band "Fuck yeah! Fuck Mick!"

Edited by Captain Howdy
  • Haha 4

Did they do Mick shitty? Absolutely.

With that said, I’m still damn interested to hear what they’ve come up with,  with John 5’s input. Hopefully it’ll be damn good. 🤞 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whiplash1972 said:

Did they do Mick shitty? Absolutely.

With that said, I’m still damn interested to hear what they’ve come up with,  with John 5’s input. Hopefully it’ll be damn good. 🤞 

I have heard a small snippet, or at least thats what someone claims it is, and I am divided. Sounded nothing like Crue.

John 5 claims Nikki has shown him songs that sound like demos from the first two albums, but I really doubt anything they record now will sound anything like that. Just wish Sixx would write modern stuff for outside projects like Sixx AM and keep Motley sounding like Motley.

• Like 2

Who really give a shit about poor Mick?

Yeah he was done dirty. Big deal, happens all the time and it happened after they had retired lol

Anyway, will be interesting to see how I hear the album knowing that the vocals are 30+ takes spliced together. lol

9 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I have heard a small snippet, or at least thats what someone claims it is, and I am divided. Sounded nothing like Crue.

John 5 claims Nikki has shown him songs that sound like demos from the first two albums, but I really doubt anything they record now will sound anything like that. Just wish Sixx would write modern stuff for outside projects like Sixx AM and keep Motley sounding like Motley.

Heard the same and agree....snippet sounds like Disturbed or something. 

I just don't get these bands sometimes.  Their popularity was made from rocking, catchy tunes....so just do that lol.  

It was only a snippet of the intro I think so maybe the song will go somewhere....but I doubt it.

12 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Anyone with a brain and common sense.

Ok, so I have no brain or common sense. Nice.

Or, maybe I never met Mick, had no personal relationship with him, and saw him as some dude who played guitar in a band who's songs I liked.

Emotionally investing yourself in the personal lives of people you pay to entertain you must be very draining. Band tried to screw him over, he's fighting back, in the end he can sit on his mountain of cash and relax regardless.

“Dogs of War”

Not gonna lie, I kind of like it. Hardly classic Crue, more like something that would have appeared on the Corabi-fronted self-titled album, but it's not bad for an oldschool band trying a modern hard rock song. That being said, I expect my opinion to be a lonely one, and I understand why fans are dogging on it...

• Like 1

Bit 50/50 on it, myself. I prefer the stuff on Mick's solo album, but it's not a bad song. That kind of solo in a Motley song definitely sticks out... but not in a bad way. It's cool. I dig. 

5 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

While it isnt terrible, its also not great. Pretty meh really.

:agree: but then again I didn't really have high hopes on it...hopes yes...but not high if I'm honest.

With the obvious Swine references in the video, I wonder if that points to the song being a re-tooled leftover from the Generation Swine sessions? I didn't immediately get that vibe from the song; it kinda sounds like a natural progression from the 3 new tracks on "Red, White & Crue" to me, but that's just me.  As for the song itself, yeah, pretty "meh". Hopefully they've come up with better stuff.

After a few listens my opinion has not changed, but I will say they really did Vince dirty in the mix. Can hardly hear him at points. While yeah his vocals are shit live, on record they do studio magic so not sure why his vocals are buried.

It's got some good parts in my opinion, but seems unfinished needed more work and yes Vince's vocals need a push but hey they are the millionares......

Edited by TheOriginalSplash
added

Didn't mind it, it will grow on me, I can tell.

Vince seems to have dropped a register or two for most of the song.

Dare say they want him to be able to sing it live.

Kind of reminded me of when mark slaughter used his lower register, completely different obviously, but same vibe.