Sebastian Bach New Single... What Do I Got To Lose

T-BONE

Not too bad.... I'm hoping the rest of his new material goes back to the more melodic side and a little less heavy than previous solo stuff.

• Like 3

YouTube description lists the following:

Sebastian Bach: vocals

Devin Bronson: guitar

Todd Kerns: bass

Jeremy Colson: drums

1 hour ago, whiplash1972 said:

YouTube description lists the following:

Sebastian Bach: vocals

Devin Bronson: guitar

Todd Kerns: bass

Jeremy Colson: drums

Yeah but further down it says:

Video Performance:

Sebastian Bach (Vocals)

Devin Bronson (Guitar)

Bruiser Brody (Guitar)

Todd Kerns (Bass)

Rob Affuso (Drums)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah but further down it says:

Video Performance:

Sebastian Bach (Vocals)

Devin Bronson (Guitar)

Bruiser Brody (Guitar)

Todd Kerns (Bass)

Rob Affuso (Drums)

Okay… so we’ve got an extra guitarist who didn’t actually play on the song, and a stunt drummer standing in for the actual drummer. 😂 

Anyway, I like it. As T-bone says, I also hope this new album leans more to the melodic side. 👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, whiplash1972 said:

Okay… so we’ve got an extra guitarist who didn’t actually play on the song, and a stunt drummer standing in for the actual drummer. 😂 

Anyway, I like it. As T-bone says, I also hope this new album leans more to the melodic side. 👍

Maybe recording band and live band?

• Like 1

Okay tune.  Probably about as good as anything he's done solo.  Still, don't see myself returning to it for more listens.

Just never been enamored with his solo stuff as for me it's light years away from what he did in Skid Row.

Yeah, I guess the song is solid but the band and production seems a lot tighter than any of his previous solo work. Everything else about the track sounds absolutely top notch - musically and vocally. Top marks for all that, and solid tune. I'd, of course, hope for better songs on the album, but it's definitely all pointed in the right direction. Would be very cool if Affuso played some drums on the album. Whoever's playing on this track, drums sound big, just like they should. 

On a side note, I'm glad I'm not one of those folk who lets shit outside music get in the way of my music enjoyment. Eg. I still enjoy Lostprophets music as much as I always did, separate to what Watkins did. And I'm glad I can say that about Bach and his time with Skid Row too as I stumbled across a montage thing the other day of all the absolute fucking drivel he was spitting out during covid. Had no idea he was such a blank-mind pfizer mouthpiece. As humans, I lost absolutely every single ounce of respect I ever had for him (which is a shame as he always came across as a pretty cool dude) and Dee Snider over their pathetic stance on all things covid, but thankfully that has zero bearing on how I enjoy their music. Looking forward to the album.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

Some video of a recent Bach performance 😜

Those judges with the "the voice sounds famiiar" comments have probably never listened to a Skid Row song in their life. At least not intentionally. Hell they probably barely recognise the song.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Lately most of the great Bach songs have been ballads. And he knows he does them well, so he does them a lot.

This song is killer. Good on him.

I would have to disagree with part of that. Yes he does ballads well, but since Angel Down he has done barely any. Angel down had two absolutely amazing ballads (By your side & Falling into you) but on the albums that came after that he has focussed on the heavier side of his music. He has dabbled, but hardly done that much that classifies as a ballad.

The best thing about this new song is he has gone for more of a S/T vibe rather than Slave or Inhuman, which is what he has thrown most of his weight behind. I don't mind his more modern stuff, but if I could have a whole album in this style with a couple of ballads I would be more than happy.

• Like 1

Yeah fair enough, probably the reason I haven't listened to any of his recent stuff. Same with stryper, for me, they are heavier than they need to be and the music suffers.

Same with Pop Evil. Give me an album full of Bosses Daughter, Trenches, Torn To Pieces, 100 In a 55, Beautiful, etc. their newer stuff is good, but not great.

On 12/14/2023 at 8:34 AM, Captain Howdy said:

I would have to disagree with part of that. Yes he does ballads well, but since Angel Down he has done barely any. Angel down had two absolutely amazing ballads (By your side & Falling into you) but on the albums that came after that he has focussed on the heavier side of his music. He has dabbled, but hardly done that much that classifies as a ballad.

The best thing about this new song is he has gone for more of a S/T vibe rather than Slave or Inhuman, which is what he has thrown most of his weight behind. I don't mind his more modern stuff, but if I could have a whole album in this style with a couple of ballads I would be more than happy.

Haha, yeah, I was going to say the same... barely a ballad at all amongst his recent output. ;)

On 12/8/2023 at 12:09 PM, Geoff said:

Yeah, I guess the song is solid but the band and production seems a lot tighter than any of his previous solo work. Everything else about the track sounds absolutely top notch - musically and vocally. Top marks for all that, and solid tune. I'd, of course, hope for better songs on the album, but it's definitely all pointed in the right direction. Would be very cool if Affuso played some drums on the album. Whoever's playing on this track, drums sound big, just like they should. 

On a side note, I'm glad I'm not one of those folk who lets shit outside music get in the way of my music enjoyment. Eg. I still enjoy Lostprophets music as much as I always did, separate to what Watkins did. And I'm glad I can say that about Bach and his time with Skid Row too as I stumbled across a montage thing the other day of all the absolute fucking drivel he was spitting out during covid. Had no idea he was such a blank-mind pfizer mouthpiece. As humans, I lost absolutely every single ounce of respect I ever had for him (which is a shame as he always came across as a pretty cool dude) and Dee Snider over their pathetic stance on all things covid, but thankfully that has zero bearing on how I enjoy their music. Looking forward to the album.  

opinions are like arseholes eh.

as to the new song. It's solid, but would I rush to listen to it again. Prob not. 

The whole Skid Row merry go round just annoys me. Bach is an egotistical prick living off past glories, and Erik is wasted in that band, churning out renditions of tired old tracks with a bunch of pensioners.

It's sad that I'll never see him live again 😔 

On 12/8/2023 at 12:09 PM, Geoff said:

Holy shit, equating what Watkins did which is about as foul a crime you could get, to two peoples opinions on something you disagree with ... thats one hell of a jump in comparisons. They are as entitled to their opinion as you are dude, and you dont have to agree with everything the musicians or actors you watch say, but holy fucking heck, don't even remotely compare them to a cunt like Watkins. Sure there are people who have no respect for anti-vaxxers too ... that is everyones human right.

5 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Holy shit, equating what Watkins did which is about as foul a crime you could get, to two peoples opinions on something you disagree with ... thats one hell of a jump in comparisons. They are as entitled to their opinion as you are dude, and you dont have to agree with everything the musicians or actors you watch say, but holy fucking heck, don't even remotely compare them to a cunt like Watkins. Sure there are people who have no respect for anti-vaxxers too ... that is everyones human right.

If I only listened to albums from people whose personal beliefs I support, I'd have a much much smaller CD collection. :D

That being said, Watkins can go and burn in hell. There is a difference in being a dickhead like Bach or a far left loon like Snider (or opposite/same like Nugent) and being a depraved child abuser. It's not the same thing at all. I agree with you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

lol, I'm not sure there was any part in my statement where I compared what the two parties did. I merely used Watkins as the example of the worst possible thing a musician could do, yet it doesn't taint the music, for me, personally.

Not sure there was anywhere in my piece where I compared being a pedophile to being a non-thinking covid zombie, though. ;) I view Bach and Snider and ill-informed pathetic sheep that I can no longer conjure up an ounce of respect for, but I wish them no harm. I never really got to the gory details of what Watkins did, but his actions are of a criminal nature and if I understand it all correctly he should probably be deceased now for all I'd care.