Nordic Union - Animalistic

Stefan

• 1 month later...

New song is okay and it definitely rocks. 

But at the same time, it's not overly grabbing me either and haven't found it getting stuck in my head or being all that memorable after a couple listens.  I don't think it's a song I'd add into my playlists.

I checked the 90 second samples on I Tunes...

I'd say 3-4 tunes that we haven't heard yet grabbed me from the samples....If I Could Fly, Scream, Shot In The Dark and Last Man Alive.  I'm guessing Scream might end up being my favorite song from this based upon the samples but we'll see.

Definitely not one I'll be purchasing but I could see myself enjoying a handful of tunes from this.

32 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I checked the 90 second samples on I Tunes...

I'd say 3-4 tunes that we haven't heard yet grabbed me from the samples....If I Could Fly, Scream, Shot In The Dark and Last Man Alive.  I'm guessing Scream might end up being my favorite song from this based upon the samples but we'll see.

Definitely not one I'll be purchasing but I could see myself enjoying a handful of tunes from this.

the second half defo sounds better

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got this on friday...for me its definitely the lowest ranked of their three...I'll give it more time but nothing on this stood out for me...and a lot of it was samey samey...I know not everyone is a fan but on the other two releases I liked quite few tunes...on this none as of yet :( 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, lettard said:

Got this on friday...for me its definitely the lowest ranked of their three...I'll give it more time but nothing on this stood out for me...and a lot of it was samey samey...I know not everyone is a fan but on the other two releases I liked quite few tunes...on this none as of yet :( 

jesus that doesn't bode well, I thought the second one was a big step backwards from the great debut.

First single was weak imo 

2 hours ago, lettard said:

My expectations are pretty low for this and my guess is there might only be a few tunes that grab me based upon the samples.  I'm probably most interested to hear Scream.

The singles so far haven't really struck a cord with me.  

I have to say though that I think I've also soured a little bit on projects like this.  I want to throw my support behind "real" bands that I have a hope to see live someday and not just project type stuff.

Don't get me wrong though....I'll still check it out and listen.  Just not something I'll buy or get too excited about.

Checked this out....not too bad but not sure how memorable it'll be.

There's a few tunes I thought sounded pretty good after my first listen and do think Ronnie sounds excellent on the album  Songs like Scream and Shot in the Dark both stood out to me a bit.  I thought Last Man Alive sounded decent too.

Much of the rest kind of feels like it falls in line with the first 2 singles that were released.  It's kind of heavy which is cool but just not coming off as being that catchy or memorable initially which was sort of my same problem with the last album.  

We'll see what happens with more listens. 

Here's a link to the whole album:

Edited by tts42572

22 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

From what I've read, this is more than 80% Erik written. Ronnie barely had any input.

Standard Frontiers approach. Take a bunch of demos written by one of their go-to songwriters, polish them up, get a popular name to sing on them and call it an album. Or, even more dishonestly, a "band."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

Standard Frontiers approach. Take a bunch of demos written by one of their go-to songwriters, polish them up, get a popular name to sing on them and call it an album. Or, even more dishonestly, a "band."

I think that is why the last 2 Nordic Union albums have flopped. The first album was probably 50/50.

Edited by AlphaMale

32 minutes ago, Tabe said:

After a couple listens, I'm not impressed.  The songs kind of all run together and sound the same.  Nothing terrible, just blah.

Erik is running out of ideas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tabe said:

After a couple listens, I'm not impressed.  The songs kind of all run together and sound the same.  Nothing terrible, just blah.

Kind of where I'm at too.  I like a few tunes here and songs are okay but alot of the songs sort of feel samey.  I think I've put 3 songs in my playlist from it.

• Like 2

Sounds great to my ears, a couple of fillers, but generally solid songs with some that could  have come straight of Ronnie's 2 excellent solo albums.  A thumbs up from me

On 8/14/2022 at 4:31 AM, AlphaMale said:

I think that is why the last 2 Nordic Union albums have flopped. The first album was probably 50/50.

You sure? I could be wrong but I thought Ronnie's only contribution to this project, from the start, had been his vocals?

Either way, the new album's more of the same. I don't dislike any of it, and I don't furiously love any of it either. It's all pretty nice. 'Riot' is my favourite on the album half because it's a nice ballad but also because I expected it to be some plodding songs about riots but instead it was a trick shot. Nice. 

• Like 1

Played this one for the first time today….Only song I remember much about is the title track Animalistic. Nothing sucks, but it does feel kinda “cookie cutter” , as all the songs just kinda blend together. 😕

• Thanks 1