I'm back (not that I was overly regular and probably wasn't missed ha ha)

Captain Howdy

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Forgot to mention this here, but last month I was officially declared as in remission.

:bananamac:

• 6 months later...
45 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

My mother passed away yesterday, so obviously having a rough time but should still be about as need things to do to take my mind off things.

Sorry for your loss man.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

My mother passed away yesterday, so obviously having a rough time but should still be about as need things to do to take my mind off things.

Sorry to hear this.

Please feel free to reach out if you need anything.

• Like 1

Damn, sorry to hear that man; my condolences. 😔

Throwing myself into music/HH has gotten me through several REALLY rough patches over the last 9 years or so… 

• Like 1

Thanks for the well wishes. Everyone has their own way of grieving and mine comes across as being somewhat emotionally detached I think. For the most part I am trying to carry on as normal but obvs not working as got so much shit to sort out with paperwork, funeral and insurance etc.

Trying to just keep myself occupied mostly with my usual things like music, movies and video games.

Just my way of dealing with things, and think its this same kind of level headedness that got me through the whole cancer bullshit, and why I never let it get me down.

• Like 4

• 2023 Gold Donors

Mate, I lost my Mother when I was 25 (cancer 45). She was a single Mother and I'm an only child, so it was always just me and her.

I have absolutely no hesitation in saying that she was my best friend. 

I'm 51 now and still miss my Mum every single day. 

I hope you're not going through this alone mate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Mate, I lost my Mother when I was 25 (cancer 45). She was a single Mother and I'm an only child, so it was always just me and her.

I have absolutely no hesitation in saying that she was my best friend. 

I'm 51 now and still miss my Mum every single day. 

I hope you're not going through this alone mate.

Lost my dad when I was 2. He was 38 and died from electricution. So yeah, while I do have three siblings, my mother had to raise all of them on her own. The oldest was just short of 15 when he died, and the youngest was 9 months old.

While I obviously do feel sad I lost my dad, I never really got a chance to know him but I have known my mum for 52 years, so yeah it hits hard.

• 8 months later...

Today is my 2nd rebirthday. Two years ago today I had my stem cell transplant that totally restarted my system from scratch.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Today is my 2nd rebirthday. Two years ago today I had my stem cell transplant that totally restarted my system from scratch.

Happy 2nd rebirthday dude :drink: hope you are going from strength to strength and wish you all of the very best.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

And we're all glad you're still here with us! 

• Like 2