Dino Jelusick joins Whitesnake!

lettard

Bit Of Interesting news...

Whitesnake add singer Dino Jelusick to line-up

Big news in the Whitesnake camp as former Animal Drive frontman Dino Jelusick is now a part of the legendary band. It is not exactly clear in what capacity that Jelusick will be in the group but one assumes that he will be sharing the lead vocal duties with long-time frontman and band founder David Coverdale. Jelusick will be taking part in Whitesnake‘s upcoming The Farewell Tour MMXXII.

The following message was posted on Jelusick‘s Facebook page earlier today:

“I am beyond honoured to be part of one of my favourite bands of all time. To get the phone call from David Coverdale is something every singer and musician of my generation can only dream of, it still feels completely surreal. I cannot wait to start hitting the road with Whitesnake and as the great DC said to me himself, to give a piece of my identity to the sound of this iconic band.”

Whitesnake‘s website indicates in part:

“I am absolutely delighted to welcome the extremely gifted DINO JELUSICK to Whitesnake. We’ve had our eyes & ears on him since we played Zagreb together 2 years ago. You’re going to love him!” – David Coverdale

Dino Jelusick is a singer/multi-instrumentalist from Croatia. He is a member of multi platinum selling band Trans-Siberian Orchestra and was previously part of Dirty Shirley (with George Lynch), Animal Drive and recorded with many others. Dino has been singing, touring and recording since the age of 5. Other than being a frontman, his main instrument are keyboards but he also plays bass, guitar and drums. He finished music academy and did theatre work.”

In terms of the dispute between Italian record label Frontiers Music Srl and Jelusick where the former alleges that it contractually has the rights to the exclusive services of the latter for recordings, Whitesnake did release their last two studio albums Forevermore and Flesh & Blood via Frontiers Music Srl.

Although this is pure speculation on the part of Sleaze Roxx, one could see Jelusick helping Coverdale with the singing duties on Whitesnake‘s upcoming The Farewell Tour MMXXII and getting groomed to perhaps replace Coverdale in Whitesnake after that tour.

Whitesnake-photo-e1627386037160.jpg

For what?  That makes 7 members now!

Holy smokes this is news! I am a HUGE Dino fan, this guy is an amazing singer, but it's gonna be weird seeing Coverdale hand off vocals in concert. Man, what a talented (a lot them :)) band. 

1 hour ago, auslander said:

If Whitesnake continue on without Coverdale though... that's a joke.

Yeah I know what you mean ,but didn't Paul Stanley say in an interview recently that he'd like KISS to continue without he and Gene when they're done so that the band goes on...Coverdale must be thinking the same thing?

So in 15/20 years we'll still have Kiss & Whitesnake touring to a whole new generation :blink:

I'm interested too at the Frontiers side of things..are Whitesnake still releasing with them? The last few studio have been with them but the recent Blues album etc have been through Rhino/Warner and we all know about the Jelusick/Frontiers situation...hmm

Edited by lettard

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Metal T said:

Coverdale turns 70 this year...probably being brought in for back-ups and support vox….

Yeah, I think so too.

Although, as Lettard said regarding KISS, maybe DC would like the Whitesnake legacy to continue. After all, he's put a lot of time into it.

Maybe he's grooming Dino to perhaps take over one day. I'm a big Dino fan and think that he would be a great choice (or maybe JORN).

The decision some Bands make to continue using a name when major members have departed obviously doesn't sit well with any of us and of course, DC is Whitesnake, but this could be a way of officially "passing the torch", so to speak. 

Something we don't see too often. 

Interesting. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Darkstone said:

The decision some Bands make to continue using a name when major members have departed obviously doesn't sit well with any of us and of course, DC is Whitesnake, but this could be a way of officially "passing the torch", so to speak. 

Something we don't see too often. 

Interesting. 

Yes, I know what you mean,we will notice the difference but future generations perhaps won't,and lets face it they ain't getting any younger but their bands will always remain somewhat relevant  if the band remain touring/recording etc without the original members

Although I seen Thin Lizzy about 30 years ago with only Eric Bell as an original member and they were shit...only able to play from the first couple of albums that he played on...half the crowd walked out after requesting he play certain songs and kept getting told no,that was sad because I seen em Feb '82 in Belfast as a kid with Sweet Savage in support and it was brilliant  :(

Edited by lettard

• My Little Pony

Not sure what to make of this. Definitely the weirdest thing I've read in a while. And I even read part of Cody's recent political rants. 

Coverdale's voice has been shot for a good while now.  He's been one of the greats, clearly, but time catches up. A 'backing' singer might not be a bad plan. 

As for bands going on. Nobody flinches an eyelid about their sports teams doing that. They still get followed and we reminisce about the old players. Why not do it with music? So much great music is about to potentially never get played again. The 60s and 70s heros will all be gone soon. 

What you are describing are actually tribute acts. If that floats your boat, then fine. But really, as others have pointed out in other threads, bands continuing on, using the name of the band, without any original members, as often as not it is purely a commercial decision designed to fool people rather than actual quality new music.

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, PeterS said:

As for bands going on. Nobody flinches an eyelid about their sports teams doing that. They still get followed and we reminisce about the old players. Why not do it with music? 

Is that really an appropriate comparison?

5 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

You know that political parties also continue when they lose an election and the leader resigns, and people don't bat an eyelid! So, same with Whitesnake without their only founding member. Same difference.

On 7/30/2021 at 2:10 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Why not? 

Plenty of bands where there are no original members any more. Most have lineup changes. 

Would put a quite few people's noses out but an official franchised band , why not? I think I'd prefer that to a lot of the trash being put out now.  

Theater productions do this and you've got 'Blue Man Group' who is half band , half theater production. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
15 hours ago, Metal T said:

Whitesnake hired a female bassist....:wacko: Stick a fork in a great career it's done.

I've been thinking about this since it was announced and I don't think it bothers me. I think I'm ok with it. 

It would be nice if she was hotter though. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Haha 1

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I've been thinking about this since it was announced and I don't think it bothers me. I think I'm ok with it. 

Yeah, not sure why it would bother anyone. As long as she likes it cheap an' nasty she should do fine. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
15 hours ago, Darkstone said:

It would be nice if she was hotter though. 

It smacks of a novelty move - this is a JOKE.

She's a great bass player for sure...whether she's a fit for Whitesnake  will no doubt divide opinion, but to be honest, i'm getting beyond caring who is in or out...I'll go back to my 'Come An' Get It' and 'Ready And Willing' cd's 

• Like 2