I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goin' on another RV trip this weekend (so you all will have to do without my sparkling commentaries for FOUR DAYS, gasp!), so I stocked up with a 30 pack of P.B.R. (quantity over quality when camping, I always say) but while in the store I glanced over the shelves of single bottles of various craft brews & imports and found OLD SPECKLED HEN, which our pal Jez has been recommending to us here in this thread for some time... so I bought me two of those... one bottle is going in the trailer to be drunk over the weekend but the other is getting "fridged" right now so I can try it out later this evening... will have to post my thoughts on it once it's been sampled!! :banana:

Not too cold now. Hope you enjoy it which i'm sure you will!!! :drink:

Haven't had a beer for a week now. I bought a whole case of 'Amsterdam' beers too, which I'm looking forward to downing. Soon.

Goin' on another RV trip this weekend (so you all will have to do without my sparkling commentaries for FOUR DAYS, gasp!), so I stocked up with a 30 pack of P.B.R. (quantity over quality when camping, I always say) but while in the store I glanced over the shelves of single bottles of various craft brews & imports and found OLD SPECKLED HEN, which our pal Jez has been recommending to us here in this thread for some time... so I bought me two of those... one bottle is going in the trailer to be drunk over the weekend but the other is getting "fridged" right now so I can try it out later this evening... will have to post my thoughts on it once it's been sampled!! :banana:

I will be experiencing The Hen in a little while once I've carted a few crates of food and other supplies into the RV... will report back !! :drink:

I will be experiencing The Hen in a little while once I've carted a few crates of food and other supplies into the RV... will report back !! :drink:

Well? Did you forget to come back from the RV? ;)

Haha, nope, just never got back to the computer after doin' all that supply lugging... well anyway, Old Speckled Hen is darn good stuff, I salute your taste and thank you for the recommendation, Nick!! I think I'll be buying that again next time I see it! :drink:

Haha, nope, just never got back to the computer after doin' all that supply lugging... well anyway, Old Speckled Hen is darn good stuff, I salute your taste and thank you for the recommendation, Nick!! I think I'll be buying that again next time I see it! :drink:

I still can't find that Old Speckled Hen around here.

Did you check here?

henhouse580b.jpg

THE BEER PRAYER

OUR LAGER, WHICH ART IN BARRELS,

HALLOWED BY THY FAME.

THY WILL BE DRUNK, I WILL BE DRUNK,

AT HOME, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.

GIVE US THIS DAY OUR FOAMY HEAD,

AND FORGIVE OUR SPILLAGE,

AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO SPILL AGAINST US.

AND LEAD US NOT TO INCARCERATION,

BUT DELIVER US FROM HANGOVERS.

FOR THINE IS THE ALE, THE PILSNER, AND THE LAGER,

FOREVER AND EVER.

- AMEN -

Did you check here?

henhouse580b.jpg

Actually I did check there but she wasn't there. ;)

Whew! What was going to be a nice quiet short night of sitting in the garage drinking a few beers turned into somewhat of a beerfest. Didn't get to bed until after 3am and guess what? Children love to wake up before 7am. No worries though, it's a beautiful day outside so I think I'll fill up our little pool and let the kids splash around while I consume mass quantities of Mountain Dew. B)

Oh, and while we were in the garage it appeared that our neighbors across the street were having more fun than we were. After all the lights went off in the house we kept seeing what looked like camera flashes coming from the dark bedroom. :rofl2:

Went to a BBQ next door last night .... beer???? Uh no..no thanks I'm working early tomorrow.......well okay just one, cider? Yeah sure......another ....well okay...but this is the last. Four and a half hours later two 2ltr bottles of cider, some small bottles of lager and a bottle of red wine gone...and I finally decide to go home...well the BBQ was ending anyway <_<

My head this morning.......

........ clear as a bell.... :rofl2: excellent!!!! Betcha expected something different!!!!

I had way to much beer last night...hangin' big time.

Gotta live up the rep of alcoholic pervert right?

Two on Sunday night for me... but again, sadly that was it. :( Looking forward to my holiday, though! I wonder what the local beer is in Samoa and how many litres they have awaiting my arrival. :)

Had many many beers during my long camping weekend... mostly Pabst Blue Ribbon but I did bring one of those lovely pint bottles of Old Speckled Hen along with me... goooooood stuff, I daresay I shall be buying that again. :)

The average person will walk 900 miles per year and drink 22 gallons of beer per year. Thus, we average 41 miles to the gallon. :D

The average person will walk 900 miles per year and drink 22 gallons of beer per year. Thus, we average 41 miles to the gallon. :D

If I could get that kind of mileage from my car maybe the current gas prices wouldn't sting so much. :lol:

If I could get that kind of mileage from my car maybe the current gas prices wouldn't sting so much. :lol:

:lol: I'll drink to that!

I worked out the other day that your gas price is equal to 67 Euro Cent per liter. Wanna know what the fucking gas costs over here in Germany ??

1.42 Euro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2up: A fucking rip-off !!!!! And I drink to THAT !!

I worked out the other day that your gas price is equal to 67 Euro Cent per liter. Wanna know what the fucking gas costs over here in Germany ??

1.42 Euro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2up: A fucking rip-off !!!!! And I drink to THAT !!

Slowly but surely we are starting to feel your pain. :(

Nice stat Rick..I'll drink to that as well. :drink: