I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

Why do people hate Coors Light?

I went to Michigan last week and both the restaurant I had dinner in and the club I went to didn't serve Coors Light. I was more than a bit miffed. (Also, and I forget where now, someplace while I visited NYC didn't have it either. I was like "This is NYC. You have EVERYTHING!")

Why the bias people? What did Coors Light ever do to you?

(Oh, BTW, I like Coors Light alot. If it were a girl, I'd give her my ring and ask her to go steady. I'd take her to the hop and then out behind the Tasty Freeze.)

Coors Light is my fave... :headbanger: I used to be a Budweiser/ Bud Light drinker

but My Father in Law drank Coors Light...I tried it and Loved it...never been the same I guess

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a beer snob. Nothing but microbrews and pseudo microbrews like Sam Adams and Pete's Wicked. In this part of the country, this attitude is of course, heresy.

I love you man... :wub:

Okay well maybe not, but your beer attitude would fit right in out this way. Feel free to stop by for a brew if your ever in the neighborhood. :drink:

I've only just started drinking light beers when I have to as some start of a new sensible era or something. When I say I've just started, last night was the 2nd time in my life. I went out to the pub with my brothers for Monday night footy and usually I'd just have drunk full strength, but moderated consumption so I was okay to drive home. Instead, now, because I'm sensible, I had two full strengths to start off the night and then about 3 lights to see out the rest of the game. It's cool to maintain a consistent drinking status through an evening, but man I hate the idea of light beer... I feel so strange drinking it. :(

I'm a beer snob. Nothing but microbrews and pseudo microbrews like Sam Adams and Pete's Wicked. In this part of the country, this attitude is of course, heresy.

I know what you mean, as I'm in Illinois.

It's all about Bud Light, Busch, and stuff like Stag and Milwaukee's Best over here.

I can't drink any of that stuff unless it's free, and even then it's tough.

It hasn't been until the last couple of years where the town I live in has started to carry imports and other microbrews. Luckily they now carry almost 50 to 75 different ones.

I'm not sure we have Sam Adams beer here in Australia, and we sure as hell wouldn't have it on tap at the pub... which is the only time I'd ever drink lights, if I had to drive home. Actually, if I drive to a family function I might start taking lights too, if I have to drive. I'll check it out. We do have decent lights here, if that's your thing... I just hate all light beers in general... for being light. :P

Yeah, those of us in the middle part of the country are anathema if we don't like AB products. Screw it! Call me a pariah! I hate AB and love my micros.

Quick story. About 7 years ago, a friend at work received an invitation to a beer testing at AB. At the time, these new brews were supposed to help AB compete against the more mass marketed micros like Sam Adams. He and I went, both hating AB products. Anyway, we got tokens for each booth. You exchange your tokens for a cup of the new beer and fill out a survey. We hit booth one. Tasted like Bud Chocolate. We hit booth 2. Tasted like Bud Lemon. We hit booth 3. Tasted like Bud Mint. We headed for the exit and handed our remaining tokens to some guys coming in.

Same old story. No amount of flavoring can cover up the taste of Mississippi Clydesdale piss.

Yeah, those of us in the middle part of the country are anathema if we don't like AB products. Screw it! Call me a pariah! I hate AB and love my micros.

Quick story. About 7 years ago, a friend at work received an invitation to a beer testing at AB. At the time, these new brews were supposed to help AB compete against the more mass marketed micros like Sam Adams. He and I went, both hating AB products. Anyway, we got tokens for each booth. You exchange your tokens for a cup of the new beer and fill out a survey. We hit booth one. Tasted like Bud Chocolate. We hit booth 2. Tasted like Bud Lemon. We hit booth 3. Tasted like Bud Mint. We headed for the exit and handed our remaining tokens to some guys coming in.

Same old story. No amount of flavoring can cover up the taste of Mississippi Clydesdale piss.

:rofl2:

I know what you mean, as I'm in Illinois.

It's all about Bud Light, Busch, and stuff like Stag and Milwaukee's Best over here.

I can't drink any of that stuff unless it's free, and even then it's tough.

It hasn't been until the last couple of years where the town I live in has started to carry imports and other microbrews. Luckily they now carry almost 50 to 75 different ones.

It's quantity not quality that's why I drink Busch Light...aka little blue yummies.

I'm completely the opposite. It's all about the quality.

My favorite brew is O'fallon Brewery's Pumpkin Ale. Only comes out in the fall. Tastes like pumpkin pie beer. Sounds gross but it rules!!! This year I'm gonna stock up on it and see how long it stays good.

My favorite brew is O'fallon Brewery's Pumpkin Ale. Only comes out in the fall. Tastes like pumpkin pie beer. Sounds gross but it rules!!! This year I'm gonna stock up on it and see how long it stays good.

I'm about the quality as well. I love Newcastle Brown Ale, Molson, and Sam Adams Boston Lager.

A micro brew is cool when I'm out to dinner with the wife, but when I'm drinking with the guys it's quantity. :chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug:

I could be wrong but didn't AB or one of the other major league brewers buy a pretty major piece of Sam Adams a couple of years ago?? I like Sam Adams just fine, but sometimes I get a kick outta their commercials that still play up the "small Boston microbrewery" angle and make it sound like it's made by two guys stirring up batches in the back room, if they are indeed part of some larger conglomerate now...

As for me, I love my IPAs (India Pale Ales), Sierra Nevada f**kin' RAWKS!!!! :headbanger:

I could be wrong but didn't AB or one of the other major league brewers buy a pretty major piece of Sam Adams a couple of years ago?? I like Sam Adams just fine, but sometimes I get a kick outta their commercials that still play up the "small Boston microbrewery" angle and make it sound like it's made by two guys stirring up batches in the back room, if they are indeed part of some larger conglomerate now...

As for me, I love my IPAs (India Pale Ales), Sierra Nevada f**kin' RAWKS!!!! :headbanger:

I just tried a good IPA when I was in Wyoming but I can't recall the brand.

I like IPAs. Also like the Sierra Nevadas.

And I don't know if AB bought Sam Adams or not but it at least can't truly be called a microbrew That's why I called it a pseudo microbrew.

I've only tried Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale and I hated it.

I think I just don't like Pale Ale's(cue the Stiffler joke from American Pie).

I like IPAs. Also like the Sierra Nevadas.

And I don't know if AB bought Sam Adams or not but it at least can't truly be called a microbrew That's why I called it a pseudo microbrew.

I've only tried Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale and I hated it.

I think I just don't like Pale Ale's(cue the Stiffler joke from American Pie).

I felt the same way about that and Anchor Steam for the longest time and then suddenly it all clicked into place and they're like two of my favorites. :)

Keef, have you had Anchor Liberty Ale? I highly recommend that, also North Coast's Red Seal Ale... hops to spare! :woot:

On the day my son was born, I came back home from the hospital late at night, put my four year old to bed, then drank two 24 oz. cans of Steel Reserve Lager (godawful cheap stuff, but it's 8.1% alcohol, kids!!)... and then I jumped into the Chat Room here half in the bag... I remember very little of what was chatted about but I bet it was pretty entertaining ...

On the day my son was born, I came back home from the hospital late at night, put my four year old to bed, and then I drank two 24 oz. cans of Steel Reserve Lager (8.1% alcohol, kids!!)... and then I jumped into the Chat Room here half in the bag... I remember very little of what was chatted about but I bet it was pretty entertaining ...

Ah - That explains that I couldn't make much sense of what you were trying to write! I put it down to me being a thick, stupid Englishman.

Anyways - More gigs and most importantly, more Speckled Hen and the famous Sump Muck lined up for me at the weekend - oh heaven!

On the day my son was born, I came back home from the hospital late at night, put my four year old to bed, and then I drank two 24 oz. cans of Steel Reserve Lager (8.1% alcohol, kids!!)... and then I jumped into the Chat Room here half in the bag... I remember very little of what was chatted about but I bet it was pretty entertaining ...

Ah - That explains that I couldn't make much sense of what you were trying to write! I put it down to me being a thick, stupid Englishman.

:lol: I haven't tied one on like that in quite a while but I figured what the hell, I owed it to myself...