I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

Oh yes, I do indeed still enjoy the beer. I'm lookin forward to this weekend cuz we're having a Mother's Day barbecue at my Mom's place, and my brother, who is currently taking medication that does not mix well w/alcohol, has already said "I'm gonna chill off my beers for you cuz I can't drink'em right now anyway." :woot:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started out with Old Mil Light silos last night and it kind of went downhill from there. 4am arrived a little earlier than usual this morning. But I'll buck up and tip a few more tonight. Hopefully it'll be the good stuff aka Coors Light.

Beer, as all alcoholic drinks, is made by fermentation caused by bacteria feeding on the yeast cells, then defecating. This bacterial excrement is called alcohol.YUMMY....I LOVE BEER!!

Beer, as all alcoholic drinks, is made by fermentation caused by bacteria feeding on the yeast cells, then defecating. This bacterial excrement is called alcohol.YUMMY....I LOVE BEER!!

You are a wealth of knowledge today. :)

why thank you... :rofl2:

The saying 'Mind your P's and Q's' comes from the time when alcoholic beverages were served/sold in Pints and Quarts. Thus, to mind your P's and Q's meant to be careful how much you drank.

I Love BEER!!!! :drink:

Can I get in on the Useless Beer Knowledge for a minute?

In 1931, anticipating the end of Prohibition, the American Can company began to experiment with canned beer. Most cans at that time only needed to withstand a pressure of 2535 lb per square inch, but beer needed a container that would withstand in excess of 80 Ib per square inch, otherwise there would be a major problem with cans bursting along the welded seam.

After two years of research, American Can had overcome the problems of pressure and had developed a coating for the inside of the can to stop the beer reacting with the tinplate. The company now had to sell the idea to the breweries.

This was not easy, the big breweries did not want to risk their reputations on such a radical innovation.

One of the smaller breweries that American Can approached was the Gottfried Krueger Brewery of Newark, New Jersey.

After 13 years of Prohibition and the death in 1926 of Gottfried Krueger, the brewery's founder, the family busines was not in good shape. To add to its problems, when repeal finally came, the workers went on strike.

As the can company would install the canning equipment for free and the brewery would only pay for it if the venture was a success, Krueger had nothing to lose.

A test run of 2,000 cans was produced in 1933 and these were sampled by regular Krueger drinkers. The results were positive, 91 per cent of them liked the can. It was not until Jan 24, 1935, that the first beer cans went on sale to the general public when Krueger's Finest Beer went on sale in Richmond, Virginia.

By the end of 1935, no less than 37 US breweries were producing canned beer.

(Source: www.beercannnews.com )

This is an interesting site.....just register and enjoy

http://beeradvocate.com/

Now that's my kinda site!! I just pinched this little nugget of wisdom from there:

"Budweiser does not taste like piss. Normal urine has a pH of 4.6 to 8.0. Budweiser, like most lagers, has a pH of around 4.0. Therefore, Budweiser is definitely more acidic than piss. It’s also just the ticket if you happen to be drinking beer for breakfast, as the fresh taste of the rice content goes particularly well with most cereals (it is not coincidental that nobody has yet marketed Barley Krispies)."

why thank you... :rofl2:

The saying 'Mind your P's and Q's' comes from the time when alcoholic beverages were served/sold in Pints and Quarts. Thus, to mind your P's and Q's meant to be careful how much you drank.

I Love BEER!!!! :drink:

Exactly, I always enjoy a fellow beer fanatic talk about lovely BEER. :drink:

In 1931, anticipating the end of Prohibition, the American Can company began to experiment with canned beer. Most cans at that time only needed to withstand a pressure of 2535 lb per square inch, but beer needed a container that would withstand in excess of 80 Ib per square inch, otherwise there would be a major problem with cans bursting along the welded seam.

After two years of research, American Can had overcome the problems of pressure and had developed a coating for the inside of the can to stop the beer reacting with the tinplate. The company now had to sell the idea to the breweries.

This was not easy, the big breweries did not want to risk their reputations on such a radical innovation.

One of the smaller breweries that American Can approached was the Gottfried Krueger Brewery of Newark, New Jersey.

After 13 years of Prohibition and the death in 1926 of Gottfried Krueger, the brewery's founder, the family busines was not in good shape. To add to its problems, when repeal finally came, the workers went on strike.

As the can company would install the canning equipment for free and the brewery would only pay for it if the venture was a success, Krueger had nothing to lose.

A test run of 2,000 cans was produced in 1933 and these were sampled by regular Krueger drinkers. The results were positive, 91 per cent of them liked the can. It was not until Jan 24, 1935, that the first beer cans went on sale to the general public when Krueger's Finest Beer went on sale in Richmond, Virginia.

I LOVE BEER!!! I knew Keef would chime in with something great...and

as usual he does not disappoint!! :drink:

so here is my 2 cents..

Modern breathalyzers work on a clever electrochemical principle. The subject's breath is passed over a platinum electrode, which causes the alcohol to bind with oxygen, forming acetic acid. In the process it loses two electrons, a process that sets up a current in a wire connected to the electrode. The higher the concentration of alcohol in the breath, the greater the electrical current, which can be read by a simple meter to indicate intoxication levels. :drink:

I LOVE BEER!!! I knew Keef would chime in with something great...and

as usual he does not disappoint!! :drink:

so here is my 2 cents..

Modern breathalyzers work on a clever electrochemical principle. The subject's breath is passed over a platinum electrode, which causes the alcohol to bind with oxygen, forming acetic acid. In the process it loses two electrons, a process that sets up a current in a wire connected to the electrode. The higher the concentration of alcohol in the breath, the greater the electrical current, which can be read by a simple meter to indicate intoxication levels. :drink:

Eric, do you make your own BEER or are you finding this out on the internet?

Oh yes, I do indeed still enjoy the beer. I'm lookin forward to this weekend cuz we're having a Mother's Day barbecue at my Mom's place, and my brother, who is currently taking medication that does not mix well w/alcohol, has already said "I'm gonna chill off my beers for you cuz I can't drink'em right now anyway." :woot:

When I had my surgery the other week they pumped me full of pain killers and drugs, and then later said you're free to go. So I walked down the hall and as I did I thought to myself, 'It's Monday night tonight... football's on.' So I went back up the corridor and asked if it was cool to drink beer that night. They looked at me like I was some sickened alcoholic and said a big, 'No!' I'd kind of figured it anyway... but 2 hours later when I sat at the pub with my brothers watching the footy, I couldn't resist it's call from behind the bar. So I gave into it's sweet call, but only four times. But what a sweet four they were.

When I had my surgery the other week they pumped me full of pain killers and drugs, and then later said you're free to go. So I walked down the hall and as I did I thought to myself, 'It's Monday night tonight... football's on.' So I went back up the corridor and asked if it was cool to drink beer that night. They looked at me like I was some sickened alcoholic and said a big, 'No!' I'd kind of figured it anyway... but 2 hours later when I sat at the pub with my brothers watching the footy, I couldn't resist it's call from behind the bar. So I gave into it's sweet call, but only four times. But what a sweet four they were.

Beer and Pain Killers are excellent. :anon:

I'm sure they are :) , shhh don't tell your liver that.

I'm sure they are :) , shhh don't tell your liver that.

It is an awesome experience, because you're sort of "tipsy" before you even start drinking, and you're more vulnerable... it's basically a free ticket to being completely written off after 4 or 5 beers.

We're going away on our first RV trip of the season this weekend, which means I need to buy beer on my way home tonight. I'm thinkin' PBR.

We're going away on our first RV trip of the season this weekend, which means I need to buy beer on my way home tonight. I'm thinkin' PBR.

More bang for the buck. :)

Hell yea, and the best part is that nobody else in our little camping caravan (my father in law, bro in law and his family, a couple of friends, etc.) drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon, so I will have it all to myself :chug:

More bang for the buck. :)

Hell yea, and the best part is that nobody else in our little camping caravan (my father in law, bro in law and his family, a couple of friends, etc.) drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon, so I will have it all to myself :chug:

:) You are correct sir. I use to do that when I went to parties and didn't want anyone else drinking by brews either. I still do it because no one else I know drinks Busch Light, everyone these days are all about drinking fancy smancy micro brews...not this alchy. :chug:

:) You are correct sir. I use to do that when I went to parties and didn't want anyone else drinking by brews either. I still do it because no one else I know drinks Busch Light, everyone these days are all about drinking fancy smancy micro brews...not this alchy. :chug:

I do enjoy a fancy smancy micro brew myself from time to time, but when it comes to my RV trips, I go for quantity over quality...It's cheaper that way.

Besides, I will need to consume mass quantities on Saturday night to wash away the knowledge that if I weren't camping with the fam, I'd be at the Heaven & Hell/Megadeth gig at the PNC Bank Arts Center...

I do enjoy a fancy smancy micro brew myself from time to time, but when it comes to my RV trips, I go for quantity over quality...It's cheaper that way.

Besides, I will need to consume mass quantities on Saturday night to wash away the knowledge that if I weren't camping with the fam, I'd be at the Heaven & Hell/Megadeth gig at the PNC Bank Arts Center...

Amen brother, you need mass quantity of beer when dealing with family.

That's what camping is all about for me... consuming mass quantities and lighting stuff on FIRE!!

That's what camping is all about for me... consuming mass quantities and lighting stuff on FIRE!!

Isn't it great to get a fire so hot you can melt beer cans.