I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weather fucking sucks here (raining) but cold beer takes the edge off. Tecate is being drank as I type.

Tecate...I haven't had that in years, good stuff with a lime. Have you heard the term "Mexican road flares"?

Another good Mexican beer is Pacifico...yum-a-dum-dum.

Just had a Strongbow Sweet. Does that count?

Yeah, it counts. If you're looking for the 'I Like Apple Juice' thread.

I just want to be loved :(

Hard physical love, I can offer. Emotional internet love, I find I am uncapable of offering.

• 4 weeks later...

Possibly the worst thing anyone has ever done for me..

"i left beer at your door"

"i cant find any"

"no its in the bushes"

"i still cant find any"

"o wait, i meant someone else"

Haha! Whoever did that sounds AWESOME! You should hug him when next you meet.

On another note, today I wonder what the local beer in Vanuatu tastes like. Next week I will know. :)

I just want to be loved :(

Hard physical love, I can offer. Emotional internet love, I find I am uncapable of offering.

:lol: I miss reading this kinda stuff...

On topic: Peak Organic IPA = nice!

Having severe Vanuatu-ian beer withdrawals at the moment.

Drink of choice over there is Tusker, or the preferred (by me) Tusker OP (which was 7% as opposed to normal Tusker which was 5%). I was able to buy a few six packs of the OP nice and cheap in town, which was cheaper than the resort. :) Nice drinking.

My favourite beer over there, however, was one I only ever found on tap, called Nambahwan. And yep, it's motto was 'tastes as good as it sounds' and it did. :)

The other local beer was Vanuatu Bitter which I only had a couple of times, but it was a nice drop too. Oh how I miss you all. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought myself a few bottles of Blandford Fly to sup while the missus is out tonight. Really hot day today, so a few cold ones will go down very well.

Enjoying some Guiness Draught at the moment....

Soon be time for sitting in a beer garden. Nice. :D

The second we sat in the beer garden it started pouring (with rain). :lol:

Got through plenty of cider at home though. My son loves beer and cider already and is always badgering me for a sip. He's only just three.... :omg:

Here's something unusual:

27937_1415592383807_1052500800_1287400_6463446_n.jpg

(Apologies for the sh*tty photo quality, but this was my 7 year old's first attempt at taking a picture with my cell phone.)

Anyway... the wife and I had a yard sale this past weekend, so I put the remnants of my old beer can collection (which had been collecting dust @ my parents' house since I moved out in the mid 90s) up on the sell block. There were no takers so as I was packing 'em back up at the end of the day, I came across this... a real live, honest to God, 1992 vintage tall boy of Crazy Horse Malt Liquor, UNOPENED.

I have no idea why this particular can was never consumed. I didn't even know I had it. This particular brew was taken off the market here in the US years ago (early 90s) because of legal threats from Native American groups who objected to the brewers using the name of one of their great Chiefs to sell beer.

So now the question is... do I dare chill this vintage beer and attempt to drink it? :blink: What do y'all think?

Here's something unusual:

27937_1415592383807_1052500800_1287400_6463446_n.jpg

(Apologies for the sh*tty photo quality, but this was my 7 year old's first attempt at taking a picture with my cell phone.)

Anyway... the wife and I had a yard sale this past weekend, so I put the remnants of my old beer can collection (which had been collecting dust @ my parents' house since I moved out in the mid 90s) up on the sell block. There were no takers so as I was packing 'em back up at the end of the day, I came across this... a real live, honest to God, 1992 vintage tall boy of Crazy Horse Malt Liquor, UNOPENED.

I have no idea why this particular can was never consumed. I didn't even know I had it. This particular brew was taken off the market here in the US years ago (early 90s) because of legal threats from Native American groups who objected to the brewers using the name of one of their great Chiefs to sell beer.

So now the question is... do I dare chill this vintage beer and attempt to drink it? :blink: What do y'all think?

Tough one. I assume it isn't worth anything? If not, my curiosity would get the better of me and I'd crack it open. Presumably it could taste of anything by now - pickled onions, fish, smelly blue cheese, stagnant water... Of course, there's only one way to find out... :D

Tough one. I assume it isn't worth anything? If not, my curiosity would get the better of me and I'd crack it open. Presumably it could taste of anything by now - pickled onions, fish, smelly blue cheese, stagnant water... Of course, there's only one way to find out... :D

I doubt it's worth anything. I've been looking on eBay and Craigslist and so forth all afternoon and I come up with very little about this short lived brand at all.

What scares me is that Crazy Horse wasn't even very good when it was NEW. But it was cheap and had a kick like a mule, which is why we all drank it back in college (haha). I can only imagine what kind of Evil I could be unleashing if I pop the top on that thing after 18 (!) years....