Degreed - Are You Ready?

Stefan

Love this track. I especially love the Beavis inspired chant of "Fire! Fire!" in the chorus. Nice to have the first album to look forward to in 2022.

Edited by auslander

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Glen said:

90s samples, sounds bloody wicked, roll on the 11th

https://music.apple.com/us/album/are-you-ready/1595876314

Agree.  Sounding really good.  

Really digging the sound of Higher....that one sounds like it needs to be a single to me.  Also really digging the vibe of Lost In Paradise.

I have to say that if modern melodic rock were played on radio, these guys have a sound that would be perfect for it.

Dead But Not Forgotten has remained my favorite album from these guys but this one sounds like it might have a shot to top it.

Edited by tts42572

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.  Sounding really good.  

Really digging the sound of Higher....that one sounds like it needs to be a single to me.  Also really digging the vibe of Lost In Paradise.

I have to say that if modern melodic rock were played on radio, these guys have a sound that would be perfect for it.

Dead But Not Forgotten has remained my favorite album from these guys but this one sounds like it might have a shot to top it.

We Don't Belong will always be my favourite- that album is a masterpiece imo and so perfectly produced 

Sounding great...my own fav is the self titled...just goes to show how consistent they are with three different choices for fav album the last three posts...all are great though

• 2 weeks later...

Couple listens on this....

For me, even after only a couple listens, I feel like this is already my favorite album of theirs top to bottom.  Catchy tunes, nice variety and the sonics also stand out to me.    

I feel like a lot of these songs are the types of songs that should be played on mainstream rock radio today if radio played any decent music.  I know we could say that about a lot of bands but these guys just have a commercial vibe about them.  They're like a much cooler version of Daughtry or something....or I guess more like what Daughtry should be going for lol.  

I'd say my early favs are Into The Fire, Higher, Radio, Falling Down and Lost in Paradise.  But it's all well done IMO and really like the more focused approach here.  And glad there are no instrumentals taking away from the pacing like the last album ;)

Yeah a far few listens this week so far,it took a couple of spins but this is a damn good album...some heavy stuff,some very summery feel good stuff...a lot of melodic stuff...great listen

On 2/10/2022 at 1:33 PM, tts42572 said:

Couple listens on this....

For me, even after only a couple listens, I feel like this is already my favorite album of theirs top to bottom.  Catchy tunes, nice variety and the sonics also stand out to me.    

I feel like a lot of these songs are the types of songs that should be played on mainstream rock radio today if radio played any decent music.  I know we could say that about a lot of bands but these guys just have a commercial vibe about them.  They're like a much cooler version of Daughtry or something....or I guess more like what Daughtry should be going for lol.  

I'd say my early favs are Into The Fire, Higher, Radio, Falling Down and Lost in Paradise.  But it's all well done IMO and really like the more focused approach here.  And glad there are no instrumentals taking away from the pacing like the last album ;)

Only one spin through and I agree it's a great album.

Not sure about it topping We Don't Belong, but it is more in that vein than the last album which was probably their weakest imo. 

Interesting that you single out Radio - that was the low point for me. Just went nowhere and plodded along. 

Several gems throughout though and a good mix of heaviness and more melodic moments 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Only one spin through and I agree it's a great album.

Not sure about it topping We Don't Belong, but it is more in that vein than the last album which was probably their weakest imo. 

Interesting that you single out Radio - that was the low point for me. Just went nowhere and plodded along. 

Several gems throughout though and a good mix of heaviness and more melodic moments 

Yeah, the musical interlude in Radio is starting to bug me a little bit with more listens.  

I'd replace Radio with Turn Back after more listens.  Really liking that tune.

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Yeah, the musical interlude in Radio is starting to bug me a little bit with more listens.  

I'd replace Radio with Turn Back after more listens.  Really liking that tune.

it could be a good song but needed to kick after the build up. Just meanders and ultimately goes nowhere.

Drop it and make it 10 great songs ;)

The beauty of Spotify lol 

I'll need time with this, but initial impression from me was also that overall this could be their strongest album yet, as an overall unit. There is a big but and I cannot lie, though. As far as I can recall, this is the first Degreed album without a 'Summer of love' on it. And don't make me remember them all, but each album has so far had that one big, massive stand-out track that propels the album into delightful regions. This one is missing that, but in it's place is an album full of really, really good tunes. 

'Turn back' is my favourite on this album, and to be fair it could be that massive track by the end of the year. But for now, seems a fair way off something like a 'Summer of love.' 

But this is an excellent album... which is like saying breasts are nice. As if we expected anything else. 

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

I'll need time with this, but initial impression from me was also that overall this could be their strongest album yet, as an overall unit. There is a big but and I cannot lie, though. As far as I can recall, this is the first Degreed album without a 'Summer of love' on it. And don't make me remember them all, but each album has so far had that one big, massive stand-out track that propels the album into delightful regions. This one is missing that, but in it's place is an album full of really, really good tunes. 

'Turn back' is my favourite on this album, and to be fair it could be that massive track by the end of the year. But for now, seems a fair way off something like a 'Summer of love.' 

But this is an excellent album... which is like saying breasts are nice. As if we expected anything else. 

it's probably not quite as good as We Don't Belong or Dead but not forgotten, but it's better than the last 2.

All their albums are great tho. Splitting hairs here