Degreed - Are You Ready?

Stefan

etja3zcxcaao2fm.jpg?w=1024

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the signing of Swedish rock band Degreed to the label. The quartet have been releasing critically acclaimed music ever since the release of their debut album, ‘Life, Love, Loss’, in 2010.

The group have gone from strength to strength over the course of four further studio albums and numerous tours, gaining fans all over the world with a sound that mixes classic, melodic and hard rock with contemporary influences that presents a personal, fresh and exciting mix of great music.

Degreed are currently working on material for a brand new album that will be released towards the end of 2021. Singer/bassist Robin Ericsson states: “I can’t believe we’re about to release our sixth studio album. I am so proud of this band and I am very humbled that we are still around. And what could fit more perfectly than to release this album with Frontiers? The leading company when it comes to melodic rock and hard rock! Our new album will be just that…a more straightforward hard rock album with great melodies. Our ‘old’ fans will not be disappointed, and I’m sure that we will gain a lot of new ones with it as well.”

Due to the ongoing pandemic, the band were not able to promote their 2019 album, ‘Lost Generation’, with a tour, but they will be back out on the road as soon as the situation allows. In the meantime, their current single, ‘The World We Knew’, was released at the very end of 2020 and summed up the year perfectly.

Edited by Stefan

Been a fan of these guys since their debut in 2010 - Looking forward to this one. 

Robin will also be releasing his solo ‘Robin Red’ album this year, one to keep an eye on for sure. 

Seems like good news to me.  Frontiers sometimes seems to get a lot of flack but all I know is I've enjoyed many of their releases.

Hopefully this exposes Degreed to a bigger audience as they've been an under-rated band IMO.  

4 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Seems like good news to me.  Frontiers sometimes seems to get a lot of flack but all I know is I've enjoyed many of their releases.

Hopefully this exposes Degreed to a bigger audience as they've been an under-rated band IMO.  

Totally agree,and another to look forward to...hope they just let them get on with it and no meddling.

Yep, agreed. If they're left to do their thing I think this is very beneficial for both band and label. Great signing for Frontiers and hopefully a killer band gets a bit more reach. 

• 8 months later...
  • Stefan changed the title to Degreed - Are You Ready?

Nice....Kissin' Dynamite it January and then this in Feb.  Hopefully Shiraz Lane will be shortly after that as I know they're recording now so would think March/April would be a realistic target for them. 

Will be tough to top what's come out in 2021 but that would be a good start to the year ;)

• 1 month later...

DEGREED-are-you-ready-COVER.jpg

New video for 'Into The Fire'.

From Frontiers:

Swedish rockers degreed have announced the upcoming release of their sixth studio album, “Are You Ready”. 
”I can’t believe we’re about to release our sixth studio album. I am so proud of this band and I am very humbled that we are still around. And what could fit more perfectly than to release this album with Frontiers? The leading company when it comes to melodic rock and hard rock! Our upcoming album will be just that...a more straightforward hard rock album with great melodies. Our ”old” fans will not be disappointed, and I’m sure that we will gain a lot of new ones as well with this one,” says vocalist Robin Eriksson.

This new record indeed shows a more straightforward and focused direction for the band’s sound. Still extremely melodic and catchy, and not without some really outstanding instrumental parts, Degreed is back stronger than ever and with a great management and record label supporting them, they’ve never been more ready to take on the world.
degreed have been releasing critically acclaimed music since the start of their career with their first album “Life, Love, Loss” in 2010. Over the course of their next four studio albums, the band has gone from strength to strength with every release, touring and gaining fans all over the world and they have no plans on stopping now. Degreed's sound mixes the classic melodic and hard rock sounds with more contemporary influences offering the fans a very personal, fresh and exciting mix of great rock music.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the band wasn’t able to tour on the heels of the release of their latest album, "Lost Generation" (2019), they set out to begin work on their sixth studio album, "Are You Ready". The band released the song “The World We Knew," their musical summation of the year 2020 (the song became ”Track of the Week” at Classic Rock Magazine’s website a week after its release) and then in 2021, work began in earnest on what would ultimately become "Are You Ready".

Tracklisting:
1.    Into The Fire
2.    Higher
3.    Feed The Lie
4.    Radio
5.    Are You Ready
6.    Burning 
7.    Falling Down
8.    Lost In Paradise
9.    Turn Back
10.    We Will Win
11.    Desire

• Like 2

Great song! For me, best song they've done. Could have been on One Desire's first album.

Excellent stuff!  

These guys have done a lot of different sounding stuff but for me this song suits them perfectly....edgy, catchy, melodic hard rock.  Don't think I could say it's the best they've done but do like it a lot.  I will say though that for me, this tune absolutely blows away anything on that Robin Red solo album.

Looking forward to this album for sure.

4 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I will say though that for me, this tune absolutely blows away anything on that Robin Red solo album.

Yeah but the Robin Red solo disc isn't supposed to be anything like Degreed,he was aiming for something different from the day job...and now its back to said day job...thus Degreed sounding like Degreed  :) i'll take both on their (separate) merits.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lettard said:

Yeah but the Robin Red solo disc isn't supposed to be anything like Degreed,he was aiming for something different from the day job...and now its back to said day job...thus Degreed sounding like Degreed  :) i'll take both on their (separate) merits.

I love his solo disc 

• Like 1

Top 3 release of 2021, I'm calling it now. It's hilarious how much better the actual bands signed with Frontiers are than their hodgepodge studio projects...though Degreed has been first class for a long time now.

2 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Top 3 release of 2021, I'm calling it now. It's hilarious how much better the actual bands signed with Frontiers are than their hodgepodge studio projects...though Degreed has been first class for a long time now.

It's coming out in February 2022 so your prediction might be a bit off :)