Jeff Scott Soto - Wide Awake (In My Dreamland)

Stefan

jeff-scott-soto-051118.jpg

New album to be released later this year through Frontiers.

facebook

Tracks:

CD 1

1. Someone To Love

2. Mystified

3. Love's Blind

4. Without You

5. Lesson Of Love

6. Paper Wings

7. Love Will Find A Way

8. Between The Lines

9. Living In A Dream

10. Wide Awake (In My Dreamland)

11. Desperate

CD2

1. Drowning (live)

2. 21st Century (live)

3. Believe In Me (live)

4. Look Inside Your Heart (live)

5. Eyes Of Love (live)

6. Band Intros (live)

7. Soul Divine (live)

8. Our Song (live)

9. Holding On (live)

10. I'll Be Waiting (live)

11. Stand Up feat. Dino Jelusick (live)

Edited by Stefan

The songs titles sound great

• 2023 Gold Donors

Not technically a blind purchase because I'm aware of the artist. Let's just say for me this will be an obligatory purchase. More JSS is always a good thing in my book.

11 hours ago, The Rocker said:

I thought the same.

JSS is one of those guys who always delivers at least a few great tracks.
Also someone who's music takes quite a few listens to start to dig.

The moment he abandoned that Dickinson falsetto, he  became one of the best play and pay singers! 

If Yngwie had a decent manager, not his father in law, he could do a killer Yngwie united tour ( yeah, I know missing Eclipse tour, because of the fookin compalsory military service left an open  wound).

Since it was mentioned, those titles reminds me of Eyes (probably my fave releases from the lad). 

On 4/17/2020 at 6:17 AM, kourosofsteel3 said:

The moment he abandoned that Dickinson falsetto, he  became one of the best play and pay singers! 

If Yngwie had a decent manager, not his father in law, he could do a killer Yngwie united tour ( yeah, I know missing Eclipse tour, because of the fookin compalsory military service left an open  wound).

Since it was mentioned, those titles reminds me of Eyes (probably my fave releases from the lad). 

The Eyes album is fantastic. The 3 W.E.T., Eyes, and Damage Control ar his 5 best albums for me period

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, The Rocker said:

The Eyes album is fantastic. The 3 W.E.T., Eyes, and Damage Control ar his 5 best albums for me period

I'd add the Talisman debut as well.

1 hour ago, The Rocker said:

2 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I'd add the Talisman debut as well.

Agree with both your choices.  Eyes' debut is still my favorite release with Jeff.  I'd also add his solo release Lost In The Translation and 7 by Talisman to the ones you guys mentioned. 

On 4/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, The Rocker said:

Yeah, definitely indicating a melodic/AOR type disc, which is what he does best, imo. 

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, definitely indicating a melodic/AOR type disc, which is what he does best, imo. 

Agree, Eyes, W.E.T. , Damage Control all Melodic goodness

• 3 months later...
  • My Little Pony
22 hours ago, melodicrock said:

It's not. It's Lost In The Translation meets Talisman meets Yngwie meets JSS....it's a bit of everything except metal.

Sounds promising. 

• 1 month later...

So Alessandro Del Vecchio wrote and produced the whole album... I like Jeff but surely this has potential to be another typical Frontiers release, just with JSS’s name above the door??

New song 'Love's Blind'.

Vocalist Jeff Scott Soto has announced that his new solo album, “Wide Awake (In My Dreamland)” will be released on November 6, 2020 via Frontiers Music Srl. Produced by and written with Alessandro Del Vecchio, the release is the best of all the combined worlds of Soto’s previous solo albums and will delight his loyal melodic rock following. “Alessandro and I made sure to revisit the best of what my overall fans love and expect of me while adding some other influences and contemporary sounds. This lucky number 7 for me is one of my favorite releases to date!’ says Soto.

CD versions of the album also include a bonus live album recorded at Frontiers Rock Festival in 2019, “Live At Frontiers Rock Festival 2019," which was released in digital format only this past April. “

Wide Awake (In My Dreamland)” is the seventh official solo album by hard rock veteran Jeff Scott Soto. The singer, who has more than 85 albums under his belt as a lead vocalist, along with numerous collaborations and recordings, has established himself as a consummate professional who manages to expertly deliver with his vocal performances across multiple musical genres, from Metal to Hard Rock to Progressive Rock and even Funk. For “Wide Awake (In My Dreamland)”, Jeff has incorporated many of his past influences and blends melodic rock/AOR with hard rock influences throughout. The album was recorded and written together with (and produced by) Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline, Jorn, Revolution Saints, etc).

Soto’s career spans over thirty-five years, beginning as the vocalist for guitar virtuoso Yngwie Malmsteen in 1984 before fronting bands such as Talisman, Soul SirkUS, SOTO, Sons of Apollo (featuring Billy Sheehan, Mike Portnoy, Derek Sherinian and Bumblefoot), as well as an ongoing membership in Trans-Siberian Orchestra and a stint as the lead singer for the legendary classic rock band Journey.

In 1995, Soto released his first solo album, ‘Love Parade’, followed years later by the acclaimed 'Prism' (2002), then 'Lost In The Translation' (2005), 'Beautiful Mess' (2009), “Damage Control” (2012), and “Retribution” (2017).

Soto is an extraordinary performer and amazing vocalist. He delivers on hard rocking tracks with incredible energy and easily transitions to a powerful performance on epic ballads.

Tracks:

CD 1

1. Someone To Love

2. Mystified

3. Love's Blind

4. Without You

5. Lesson Of Love

6. Paper Wings

7. Love Will Find A Way

8. Between The Lines

9. Living In A Dream

10. Wide Awake (In My Dreamland)