Corona

simo

• 2023 Gold Donors

Again, I think discussion about mandated boosters is irrelevant. 

It was making the first shot mandatory that changed the game.

It's great to hear that England has all it's restrictions lifted, but it also has more legislation put in place to make it easier to bring those restrictions back in the blink of an eye, as do all countries now.

As Dan said, are we looking at some Covid24 or God knows what event to trigger it all over again?

Edited by Darkstone

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

interesting.

Even the mandate for health workers was abandoned here back in Feb 22.

Completely optional now 

Current policy example taken verbatim from an employment offer letter within the last 30 days:

University of XXX faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This employment offer is contingent on your timely submission of proof of your vaccination. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.

The problem is that it is open to interpretation as to whether "fully vaccinated" includes boosters or just the initial vaccination(s). I've seen it enforced both ways depending on the employer.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

I'd be very interested to know if ANY other country apart from Australia has mandated boosters?

Pretty much I don't know anyone now in UK getting the booster except my parents who are in their 80s. its just a bad cold now.

its over, done.

I’m not sure how many places have mandated boosters… I assume there’d still be plenty. But for the record, I never had a booster mandated in my job. Sure as balls they were coming after us and plenty got one, thinking they needed it, but I kept telling them I’d sort it out and eventually they stopped asking and somewhere I assume they got a conscience, two years too late, and left it up to us if we wanted one or not. 

Please note my commentary above was just my hypothesis on what would have happened if we had earlier vaccines. It wouldn’t have changed anything, other than forcing us to take extra shots while we were all still locked down. 

But Darkstone said it quick and simple above. The timing of the vaccine is of no consequence whatsoever. It’s the fact that we were one size fits all forced to take it, even if most of us didn’t want or need it. 

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

Current policy example taken verbatim from an employment offer letter within the last 30 days:

University of XXX faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This employment offer is contingent on your timely submission of proof of your vaccination. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.

The problem is that it is open to interpretation as to whether "fully vaccinated" includes boosters or just the initial vaccination(s). I've seen it enforced both ways depending on the employer.

And the simple question is why? Why does someone need to be vaccinated for Covid to enter a university? What does it achieve? The thick irony being that this is meant to be a place of knowledge and intelligence. :(

I have said it before but it gets ignored by those who want to complain about their rights. The fact is that many governments did everything they could to get people vaccinated so that they could prevent their health care systems from collapsing since none of them were prepared for a pandemic and it worked as there were fewer deaths and visits to the ER....Canada's system is still in bad shape despite the vax but better that than a totally fucked health care system....

It is easy to complain about the steps taken against covid in hindsight especially if you or your family was not effected by covid but I bet many people would be extremely unhappy if during covid they had a relative or friend who died from something like an appendicitis because they could not access proper care....

5 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Ehh? Link please. That sounds fucking insane... or was that sarcasm? No emoji.

In normal times past, it would be obvious sarcasm, but with everything that has happened in the last 3 years, ANYTHING, no matter how ludicrous, is plausible.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/592011-coming-soon-climate-lockdowns/

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

And the simple question is why? Why does someone need to be vaccinated for Covid to enter a university? What does it achieve? The thick irony being that this is meant to be a place of knowledge and intelligence. :(

These days I thought one just had to be vaccinated against any free thinking to enter a university. 

27 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

It is easy to complain about the steps taken against covid in hindsight especially if you or your family was not effected by covid but I bet many people would be extremely unhappy if during covid they had a relative or friend who died from something like an appendicitis because they could not access proper care....

Check the statistics about people who have died in the meantime due to hospitals cancelling surgeries because of covid restrictions and keeping beds unoccupied. I think you will be surprised how many people have developed cancers that could have been treated and detected earlier and other conditions due to covid restrictions. Or maybe not surprised, just dismissive cause covid is the worst thing ever and every other condition takes a back seat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, auslander said:

Check the statistics about people who have died in the meantime due to hospitals cancelling surgeries because of covid restrictions and keeping beds unoccupied. I think you will be surprised how many people have developed cancers that could have been treated and detected earlier and other conditions due to covid restrictions. Or maybe not surprised, just dismissive cause covid is the worst thing ever and every other condition takes a back seat.

There is no doubt that people are suffering because they are still not getting the proper care they need because of covid as people are still getting it and rushing to the ER which means most of the health care doctors and nurses don't have time for anything else and as a result surgeries and other appointments have been cancelled or delayed but it has nothing to do with restrictions as far as I know.....it is just a result of covid and without the majority of people getting the vax it would be a lot worse.....

4 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

There is no doubt that people are suffering because they are still not getting the proper care they need because of covid as people are still getting it and rushing to the ER which means most of the health care doctors and nurses don't have time for anything else and as a result surgeries and other appointments have been cancelled or delayed but it has nothing to do with restrictions as far as I know.....it is just a result of covid and without the majority of people getting the vax it would be a lot worse.....

Where do you get info like this, that most doctors and nurses don't have time for anything else because they're too busy dealing with covid? As someone who is around doctors surgeries, hospitals and nursing homes all day through my working week, I have never seen or heard of anything like that. Heard every doomsday scenario predicting it, though. 

As an observer, the biggest issue is watching people still bumble over themselves enforcing restrictions that do nothing more than waste everyone's time. 

I think that what has happened in (or more to the point, what hasn't happened in) healthcare in anticipation of everything terrible that was supposed to happen due to covid, is far, far worse than anything covid the virus itself has caused. (ie. undiagnosed and untreated actual health issues)

Just remember, there was a time when women were not allowed to go for a breastscreen, due to covid restrictions. For over 99% of people, covid is a cold. Not sure 99% of people with cancer are as lucky. :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Where do you get info like this, that most doctors and nurses don't have time for anything else because they're too busy dealing with covid? As someone who is around doctors surgeries, hospitals and nursing homes all day through my working week, I have never seen or heard of anything like that. Heard every doomsday scenario predicting it, though. 

As an observer, the biggest issue is watching people still bumble over themselves enforcing restrictions that do nothing more than waste everyone's time. 

I think that what has happened in (or more to the point, what hasn't happened in) healthcare in anticipation of everything terrible that was supposed to happen due to covid, is far, far worse than anything covid the virus itself has caused. (ie. undiagnosed and untreated actual health issues)

Just remember, there was a time when women were not allowed to go for a breastscreen, due to covid restrictions. For over 99% of people, covid is a cold. Not sure 99% of people with cancer are as lucky. :(

I fully agree it's a cold now. 100% 

I've been saying that for weeks on here.

What is different between Aus & UK is that in UK the health system was at the brink of collapse and 2000 people a day were dying. Yes, fact.

MORE THAN ANY OTHER CAUSE OF DEATH ALL PUT TOGETHER. 

fact.

That didn't happen in Australia so I can see why you will never understand it. 

But people were genuinely scared at the time.

However things have changed now , the virus is just a bad cold now, there is no need for any restrictions or any more at all or boosters imo. 

And after nearly 100 pages of discussing this it's got just a teeny bit boring 😴 

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Australia seems to be in an enviable position when it comes to covid as you have not had to deal with the worst aspects of the virus so you should feel fortunate. The rest of the world is still feeling the effects. 

6 hours ago, Glen said:

I fully agree it's a cold now. 100% 

I've been saying that for weeks on here.

What is different between Aus & UK is that in UK the health system was at the brink of collapse and 2000 people a day were dying. Yes, fact.

MORE THAN ANY OTHER CAUSE OF DEATH ALL PUT TOGETHER. 

fact.

That didn't happen in Australia so I can see why you will never understand it. 

But people were genuinely scared at the time.

However things have changed now , the virus is just a bad cold now, there is no need for any restrictions or any more at all or boosters imo. 

And after nearly 100 pages of discussing this it's got just a teeny bit boring 😴 

People are still dying from covid in Canada and ERs are still full of people with it but I will say that it is no worse than influenza which also kills people every year.....

8 hours ago, Metal T said:

C'mon dude you have 376 posts in this thread alone -  :blink:  You LOVE the topic!

I don't have that many posts in 2 years.

been on my mobile for at least 10 years. No idea on stats. It is now officially the most boring topic in history. Especially Geoff moaning about wearing a mask 😷 

11 minutes ago, Glen said:

been on my mobile for at least 10 years. No idea on stats. It is now officially the most boring topic in history. Especially Geoff moaning about wearing a mask 😷 

Yeah, I agree. I’m happy to wear a nappy on my face for the rest of my life, and I know you are too. So I wish that Geoff cunt would just shut the fuck up and accept it, even though we have somehow survived our whole lives up to this point without masks… but not from now on. Wrap my face in that nappy and let’s never communicate again properly for the rest of our lives together! And fuck that Geoff cunt. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

People are still dying from covid in Canada and ERs are still full of people with it but I will say that it is no worse than influenza which also kills people every year.....

I dunno, cob, not really sure what you’re saying. Covid is allegedly completely over-running your healthcare system, but it’s the same as the flu? So the flu has overrun your healthcare system for the last few decades? 

Obviously I’m not there, and if you’ve walked through the wards and seen your entire healthcare system crippled with Covid, I will stand corrected. 

Otherwise, it sounds like you’re still being fed 2020’s scare campaign and you’re still gobbling it up. 

Keeping in mind, there’s probably tonnes of people in hospitals with an actual health concern, that consequently also have Covid, as do many people these days. But it’d be silly to confuse being in hospital with Covid with being in hospital for Covid. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

... and yet you still can't resist participating.

nor can u ;)

Here's a promise - no one post is this thread again and you will never hear another peep out of me about covid ever again ever in yr entire life.

let's see if Geoff & co can resist moaning about something else.

I bet anything you want they can't resist replying

You watch..............

and yet you blame me......

let's see. 

100% they reply......

Edited by Glen

28 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, I agree. I’m happy to wear a nappy on my face for the rest of my life, and I know you are too. So I wish that Geoff cunt would just shut the fuck up and accept it, even though we have somehow survived our whole lives up to this point without masks… but not from now on. Wrap my face in that nappy and let’s never communicate again properly for the rest of our lives together! And fuck that Geoff cunt. 

such hardships you faced 

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'll post in this thread occasionally for shits and giggles, but I've noticed that there are two members who are actively following this thread and receiving notifications when comments are posted here.

Anyone willing to admit that it's them? 

Glen?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Glen said:

nor can u ;)

Here's a promise - no one post is this thread again and you will never hear another peep out of me about covid ever again ever in yr entire life.

let's see if Geoff & co can resist moaning about something else.

I bet anything you want they can't resist replying

You watch..............

and yet you blame me......

let's see. 

100% they reply......

Why does someone else’s participation in this thread mean yours is also required? Rhetorical as it is, you could argue that this question is aimed at you, but 99% of the other posts aren’t requesting your input. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I couldn’t care less if you post or not. You do as you wish. But blaming your posting in this thread on others is a bit silly. 

And the funny thing is I was content to just post interesting videos in the thread when they popped up. I only “moaned” about something when Glen started moaning about how good lockdowns, masks, mandates and vaccines are. I didn’t even commence the communications yet I’m still blamed? I’m most certainly going to moan about this.