Corona

simo

18 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Here is a graph showing cases vs deaths in the UK
I know some will say it isn't real, and I am not about to qualify it, but I will take it on face value as I've seen it around a bit.

If this doesn't show the importance of being vaccinated, than not much will.
Right now the cases are on a fair incline, but look at the red line representing deaths - staying low, because those getting covid are getting a mild case if at all because they've had the jab...

file-20200909-20-bgqow8.png

I don't understand this at all. What are the numbers below? The 01/02 to 01/09. What are they? And aren't there meant to be 50,000 cases a day in the UK, or was that just more hysteria fuel? 

16 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

it would be nice if the majority of people would accept the science and health pros advice and get the vaccine because that is the only way we could possibly put the pandemic behind us.

Every single day that passes gives me less and less hope for this and I just look at statements like this as pure nonsense. It's kind of like saying that if everyone stopped shooting each other no one would die from gunshot wounds anymore.

As someone generally very opposed to everything about suicide, I actually "get it" in 2020/2021. I understand people looking at what is happening and seeing absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel. I know that's dark, but definitely how I feel. I'm not doing anything silly as that's not how I roll, but I legitimately see nothing to look forward to at the moment and don't see how that changes unless the mindset of the human race changes, which it will not. 

Everyone pinned their hopes on the vaccine being the only way out of this, and it clearly never will be, so what next? 

10 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I just saw some sort of protest going on in Sydney? and I noticed nobody was wearing masks?? shame on you all.

Man, you should have heard what they copped in the media today. Government must have quietly loved it, giving them a reason to keep us locked down for at least another two months, we're hearing, and then however many they add onto that. Now they can deflect the blame towards the protestors as to why this state is such a fucking mess. 

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Man, I've re-read my comment, and I'd like to apologize.
The way I ripped into you was uncalled for.
The abuse, the sarcasm, the foul language.
All uncalled for and it leads me to ask RUOK?

Seriously, none of the comments you quoted were abusive towards you, nor did the heap any shit on you.
Not sure if you're just having a bad day or need to do a Glen and take some time off these posts that are seeming to get to you...

lol, jeez you must do some hard drugs, my good man. ;)

Sounds like the CDC here in the US is getting ready to announce masks should be required for everybody indoors, vaccinated or unvaccinated, with cases now rising again to 50K daily.

We had a window to beat this thing and substantially put it to bed but we blew it.  We had enough time these past couple months to probably get 80-90% of eligible people vaccinated if they just would've taken it.  Now we're turned around and heading in the wrong direction again.

Frustrating but knew this was bound to happen with so many here refusing to get poked.  

Maybe on the bright side though, we apparently have 100+ million people here in the US that think they're smarter than some of the best minds in the world that have tried to develop this vaccine and save lives so maybe we'll all be just fine -_-

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
20 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Sounds like the CDC here in the US is getting ready to announce masks should be required for everybody indoors, vaccinated or unvaccinated, with cases now rising again to 50K daily.

We had a window to beat this thing and substantially put it to bed but we blew it.  We had enough time these past couple months to probably get 80-90% of eligible people vaccinated if they just would've taken it.  Now we're turned around and heading in the wrong direction again.

Frustrating but knew this was bound to happen with so many here refusing to get poked.  

Maybe on the bright side though, we apparently have 100+ million people here in the US that think they're smarter than some of the best minds in the world that have tried to develop this vaccine and save lives so maybe we'll all be just fine -_-

Glad I don't live in Florida with Ron DeStupid in charge

17 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Glad I live in Finland, US is nuts! 

Now this is true!

I actually read a post on FB recently where somebody who is anti-vaccine posted that it's obvious the vaccine doesn't even work because cases are increasing again so no reason to bother getting the vaccine. :doh:

This is the mentality we're dealing with here.  

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:05 AM, tts42572 said:

So, unsurprisingly, 50K new cases per day isn't enough for this to really make the news here.
I mean we are getting stuff on Fiji rates because of the smaller population, but unless the US is hitting the highs of the past, it's not shocking enough :) 

So are these50K all unvaccinated?
Are they breaking down the percentages and comparing those rates to hospitalisation etc?

I always assumed that the US would be like "hey, you want the jab, get it, otherwise it's your funeral bro" and dropped all masks and restrictions.

• 2023 Gold Donors

And STFU with the  "people that aren't getting vaccinated are selfish"  bullsh!t -  it ain't gonna fly...especially when your POS president Biden continues to allow Covid and Delta + invaders to continue to pour into the country unvetted...and then is dumping them in the Midwest..so f**k the hell off with that hypocritical slop.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Food for thought. 

It goes for twelve minutes, but try to watch it all.

There's a lot more at stake here than whether or not you can go to a nightclub, sporting event, gig or overseas holiday. 

Edited by Darkstone

5 hours ago, Metal T said:

....jpg.5db6cd0a3e88cfb07757017d87f358e0.jpg

Please don't let anyone in the Aussie state of Victoria government see that, they'd friggen implement it as a policy. We'd all have to start wearing one whenever we go outside.

2 hours ago, auslander said:

Please don't let anyone in the Aussie state of Victoria government see that, they'd friggen implement it as a policy. We'd all have to start wearing one whenever we go outside.

I already do.
Handy for headbutting people in the ass when they piss me off :) 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I already do.
Handy for headbutting people in the ass when they piss me off :) 

Sure that's why you are headbutting them in the ass? 

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 7/29/2021 at 1:10 AM, CureTheSane said:

I always assumed that the US would be like "hey, you want the jab, get it, otherwise it's your funeral bro" and dropped all masks and restrictions.

Maybe when the vaccine becomes available to kids 12 and under.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:10 AM, CureTheSane said:

So, unsurprisingly, 50K new cases per day isn't enough for this to really make the news here.
I mean we are getting stuff on Fiji rates because of the smaller population, but unless the US is hitting the highs of the past, it's not shocking enough :) 

So are these50K all unvaccinated?
Are they breaking down the percentages and comparing those rates to hospitalisation etc?

Not really seeing stats on breakdown between unvaccinated and vaccinated for the new cases.  I've seen many different reports though that a very large percentage of cases ending up in hospitals are unvaccinated people and something like 99% of all deaths these days are unvaccinated people.

What you say is basically my opinion.  I'm okay with masks in schools because kids haven't been vaccinated.  So we do need to protect them still.

But every where else should be business as usual without masks and restrictions..  The jab is available to everybody who wants it.  And I would be requiring proof of vaccination or negative tests to enter large gatherings of people at sporting events, concerts, etc.   And more and more Companies here are starting to require their employees be vaccinated and I applaud that too.  I don't want my business being impacted because a bunch of unvaccinated employees contract COVID and start spreading it around the workplace.

I find it hard to believe that the 90 million unvaccinated people here are all really that afraid of the shot.  I mean, really?  There's been like 4 million deaths worldwide from this disease and people are really worried about a vaccine that over a BILLON people have gotten without any issues?  How much longer before those people change their minds?  

I think a big part of it is that people aren't really scared of the effects of the shot.  Mostly, it's either a political stand or just not liking anybody telling them what they should do.  I have a neighbor and I know that's his deal.  He's still mad Trump lost so is basically anti-society with everything.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Not really seeing stats on breakdown between unvaccinated and vaccinated for the new cases.  I've seen many different reports though that a very large percentage of cases ending up in hospitals are unvaccinated people and something like 99% of all deaths these days are unvaccinated people.

What you say is basically my opinion.  I'm okay with masks in schools because kids haven't been vaccinated.  So we do need to protect them still.

But every where else should be business as usual without masks and restrictions..  The jab is available to everybody who wants it.  And I would be requiring proof of vaccination or negative tests to enter large gatherings of people at sporting events, concerts, etc.   And more and more Companies here are starting to require their employees be vaccinated and I applaud that too.  I don't want my business being impacted because a bunch of unvaccinated employees contract COVID and start spreading it around the workplace.

I find it hard to believe that the 90 million unvaccinated people here are all really that afraid of the shot.  I mean, really?  There's been like 4 million deaths worldwide from this disease and people are really worried about a vaccine that over a BILLON people have gotten without any issues?  How much longer before those people change their minds?  

I think a big part of it is that people aren't really scared of the effects of the shot.  Mostly, it's either a political stand or just not liking anybody telling them what they should do.  I have a neighbor and I know that's his deal.  He's still mad Trump lost so is basically anti-society with everything.

I think part of the reason the CDC is changing the mask guidelines here in the U.S. is because of updated info out there, with the Delta variant at least, that shows vaccinated people might be more susceptible to contracting COVID-19 and passing it along to others than they first believed.   I'm not a scientist nor a health official so my conclusion and understanding may be incorrect.

I agree with you part of the hesitancy here in the U.S. is driven by political stances.  But that started last year when some were questioning whether the vaccine could be trusted because Trump might push it through too fast.  That's reversed the last few months and those who had concerns about safety before are some of the same people questioning why others have concerns now.  It's a mess.  And in the end people often spend more time arguing over which science study to follow, what story is misinformation vs. accurate data, who is right and who is wrong and who is to blame when things goes wrong or doesn't go as expected.

I'm fully vaccinated, but I can understand some of the hesitancy considering the vaccine was approved for emergency use and we have no way of knowing long term affects especially when the topic of children under 12.  People have to educate themselves, weigh the benefits and risks the best they can for themselves, their family and the larger community as a whole.

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

There are a shitload of conspiracy theories out there that for some reason a lot of people actually believe such as RFID microchips being implanted with the vaccine.....paranoid stuff like that.....

I don't know why you guys are going on about vaccinating kids. The chances of a kid dying from covid is astronomically small. It is starting to disturb me how ferocious the pro vaccine political system is becoming. I think the pro vaccine political movement may need to take a deep breath and step back a little bit. It's not a religion FFS. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, auslander said:

I don't know why you guys are going on about vaccinating kids. The chances of a kid dying from covid is astronomically small. It is starting to disturb me how ferocious the pro vaccine political system is becoming. I think the pro vaccine political movement may need to take a deep breath and step back a little bit. It's not a religion FFS. 

I agree, I don't get the push to try and have a vaccine available for younger kids.  As you said the science to date seems to show that even if kids do get the virus they rarely have severe cases.  I'd be more concerned about the unknowns with possible long term complications from the vaccine with that age group. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, auslander said:

Yeah, it's one thing to take the vaccine yourself and if that's what you decide to do, then it's your choice as an adult and that's cool, but allowing your children to submit to this is a big call.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, it's one thing to take the vaccine yourself and if that's what you decide to do, then it's your choice as an adult and that's cool, but allowing your children to submit to this is a big call.

People have been taking vaccines for decades ( diphtheria, tetanus, polio, smallpox etc...) and that includes kids...in most places your kids can't go to school without them...most of those other vaccines were new and mostly unproven when they first came out and now few people even think about any consequences from taking them....there will always be an unlucky few who will experience bad reactions to any vaccine, you just have to weigh the advantages against a very small possibility of a negative reaction...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

People have been taking vaccines for decades ( diphtheria, tetanus, polio, smallpox etc...) and that includes kids...in most places your kids can't go to school without them...most of those other vaccines were new and mostly unproven when they first came out and now few people even think about any consequences from taking them....there will always be an unlucky few who will experience bad reactions to any vaccine, you just have to weigh the advantages against a very small possibility of a negative reaction...

Even the scientists are saying not to give this covid vaccine to kids. So no need to get on the vaccine soapbox and push it on kids when it is RECOMMENDED not to give it to them. 

8 minutes ago, auslander said:

Even the scientists are saying not to give this covid vaccine to kids. So no need to get on the vaccine soapbox and push it on kids when it is RECOMMENDED not to give it to them. 

Not recommended at this time....

“At this time, no submission has been received for the approval of any COVID-19 vaccine in children under 12 years of age,” the statement reads.

Both Pfizer and Moderna have begun clinical trials of their COVID-19 vaccines in children as young as six months old, with Pfizer expecting first results in July and full results in September. The company said it hoped to see younger children getting vaccinated in early 2022.