Corona

simo

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

As with most who have contracted TDS, you make the exact same mistake that the collective Left and the mainstream media make:

His point is that the amount/rate of testing skews the death and case rates. He doesn't mean that if we tested less, fewer people would die.

The naysayers are always trying to parse every word to make every statement appear in the worst possible light rather than trying to understand his point, and left-leaning media outlets like CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, etc. are the absolute worst; they will always paint a Trump comment or statement in the most adversarial or controversial manner possible, no matter the intent.

At any rate, he's not wrong in that the numbers are complete bullshit, at least here in the U.S. So trying to determine what the real rates is nigh unto impossible. It is SOOO subject to agenda-driven spin because there are no concrete data.

For example, the head of the Illinois Department of Health admitted on camera that if someone dies and had tested positive for COVID prior to or at time of death, they are classified as a COVID death, even if the death had NOTHING to do with the virus. The example given was that someone testing positive for COVID dying in an automobile crash would be classified as a COVID death.

The other problem is that repeat positive tests by the same patient are classified as separate positive cases, which artificially inflate the number of cases.

Absolutely spot on Dan! It amazes me how logical and thoughtful comments like this are met with the usual "Orange man bad" replies. Trump is no paragon of virtue and honor, but anti-Trumpers are kidding themselves if they think he's any worse than the rest. Like him or loathe him, at least with Trump, you know what your getting. He's definitely one of the most polarizing people ever. There's no sitting on the fence. As i've mentioned before, with Trump, it's either a Yes or a No. For me its still a YES.

if you want logical and thoughtful just click on the link above in this thread.

that hits the nail on the head as to what is happening in the US and why the current administration is failing to tackle the issue

note no mention of Trump ;)

Yep it's all Trumps fault, and I'm a conspiracy theorist as stated by certain people in another thread, when I brought this into the picture, after watching the level they went to trying to impeach Trump, nothings a conspiracy theory anymore, anythings possible, and this is Trumps fault right too, right? And go look for the irony, these are global news casts, and nowhere other then Fox and OAN, can you find even a report of this on any of all your favorite American news outlets, so let me guess, this is a global right wind thing their all in on, right, if MSNBC, CNN, HN, or any of the other news sources don't cover it, then it must not be real right? Right

It has gotten to the point where people are set in their opinions on both sides and are never going to change their minds....whenever they see or read something they don't believe or don't want to believe, they just search online for info that justifies their opinion....open minded people are hard to find these days.... everyone has a right to their personal opinions but rational discussion is basically dead....

4 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

It has gotten to the point where people are set in their opinions on both sides and are never going to change their minds....whenever they see or read something they don't believe or don't want to believe, they just search online for info that justifies their opinion....open minded people are hard to find these days.... everyone has a right to their personal opinions but rational discussion is basically dead....

I agree with that, which is why I don't say too much about Trump.

I think he accepts that his haters will never change, and I believe that they will forever be blinded by the good things he has done, and there have been some really good things. If people can't acknowledge that he has done some good things, then that sums up their bias and are a lost cause.

But I'm no big supporter of his, but I am a fan. His entertainment value is unquestionable :)

48 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I agree with that, which is why I don't say too much about Trump.

I think he accepts that his haters will never change, and I believe that they will forever be blinded by the good things he has done, and there have been some really good things. If people can't acknowledge that he has done some good things, then that sums up their bias and are a lost cause.

But I'm no big supporter of his, but I am a fan. His entertainment value is unquestionable :)

One good thing that I think he has done is to stand up to China when it comes to trade, trying to lower the trade deficit and bring companies back to the US from China....

I'm curious about the good things that you have seen?

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

That's exactly why there's an age old adage regarding not speaking about Religion or Politics.

It's not even about Trump being great or even good. He isn't. But he's better than anything the Democrats have thrown out there. Biden is suffering dementia, and he was corrupt to begin with. If he ends up surviving to take office, the progressive loonies will be pulling the strings behind the scenes and that scares me more than the prospect of Hillary winning did in 2016.

Do we really want the shrieking cancel-culture SJWs, and the Antifa and BLM terrorists in charge of this country? Fuck no. That would put this country on a one-way trip to shitsville.

I don't care how much of a pompous ass Trump is, I'll take him every day and twice on Sundays over anyone in the current crop of Democrats. There are no mainstream "moderate" democrats right now; they're all pandering and pushing to the extreme left, to the point of lunacy.

Trump is an egotistical prick, but he doesn't play games or mince words. He isn't "political". Like him or loathe him for it, he almost always frankly speaks his mind.

• Like 1

I view voting a bit differently...if the party in power is lying, screwing up, taking the country for a ride or just plain stupid then I put my vote elsewhere to punish them so they hopefully come to their senses...the issue right now in Canada is that the 2 parties that I would normally consider voting for, the Liberals and the Conservatives, are either too far to the left or too far to the right for me to be comfortable....so when the election comes around I can say fuck it and not vote which is a non starter for me or I can look closely at the  party in power to see if it deserves my vote and if it doesn't then I hold my nose and vote for the other party....after all you get to toss them out in 4 years if they don't perform well....I just don't believe that you reward bad government and in the US the republicans IMO do not deserve another 4 years...

Edited by Dead Planet

4 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

One good thing that I think he has done is to stand up to China when it comes to trade, trying to lower the trade deficit and bring companies back to the US from China....

I'd be interest to hear how you think he's stood up to China.

that trade war did not really have the rosy outcome that trump claimed. And mainly caused economic turmoil around the globe for 2 years :(

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Trump is an egotistical prick, but he doesn't play games or mince words. He isn't "political". Like him or loathe him for it, he almost always frankly speaks his mind.

Exactly. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I view voting a bit differently...if the party in power is lying, screwing up, taking the country for a ride or just plain stupid then I put my vote elsewhere to punish them so they hopefully come to their senses...the issue right now in Canada is that the 2 parties that I would normally consider voting for, the Liberals and the Conservatives, are either too far to the left or too far to the right for me to be comfortable....so when the election comes around I can say fuck it and not vote which is a non starter for me or I can look closely at the  party in power to see if it deserves my vote and if it doesn't then I hold my nose and vote for the other party....after all you get to toss them out in 4 years if they don't perform well....I just don't believe that you reward bad government and in the US the republicans IMO do not deserve anther 4 years...

Basing your vote on the failings of the current Government. What an endless merry go round. Unfortunately though, as you say, most democratic countries find themselves in a two party system. Its the old "Hegelian Dialectic".

10 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

He banned the devices that allow semi automatic guns to mimic automatic gune. No small feat in the US

Got Mexico to overhaul it's labour laws

He is seeking to reduce poverty encountered by those with HIV

The First Step Act

Record unemployent before corona hit. Lowest black unemployment ever.

Supporting Hong Kong

Developing a renewal of manufaturing in the US

I mean there are more things obviously, some will agree, pothers won't
Could talk about tax reforma nd benefits for business, strategic and positiove moves made with and against friends and foes, etc etc

None of the is particulalrly exceptionsal, but it never sees the light of day, which is a shame.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

some will agree, pothers won't

It's the fucking pothers what are ruining this world!!

;}

9 hours ago, Glen said:

I'd be interest to hear how you think he's stood up to China.

that trade war did not really have the rosy outcome that trump claimed. And mainly caused economic turmoil around the globe for 2 years :(

I give him credit for at least trying to do something about China....the Dems would never have had the courage to tackle the issue....has he succeeded , no at least not yet but this issue is not one that shows immediate dividends .....and yes it caused problems around the world but he was concerned with US trade not world trade.....lets be clear globalization has not worked out so well for many countries, allowing the majority of your manufacturing to be done in foreign countries because of cheap labor doesn't look so good today....

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Exactly. 

Normally I like straightshooters and to have a leading politician that is frank and honest would be fantastic....unfortunately Trump would not know how to spell honesty let alone understand the word....90% of everything he says is a lie or complete bullshit...and if that is not 'playing games' then I don't know what would qualify as playing games....

5 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I give him credit for at least trying to do something about China....the Dems would never have had the courage to tackle the issue....has he succeeded , no at least not yet but this issue is not one that shows immediate dividends .....and yes it caused problems around the world but he was concerned with US trade not world trade.....lets be clear globalization has not worked out so well for many countries, allowing the majority of your manufacturing to be done in foreign countries because of cheap labor doesn't look so good today....

Depends if you're a corporation or a country. And as long as we let corporations drive things that will happen. 

If Trump had done anything then you might give him some credit but so far about the only tangible result would seem to be more trade for his daughter. Lots of hot air and no results. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 2:48 PM, PeterS said:

Depends if you're a corporation or a country. And as long as we let corporations drive things that will happen. 

If Trump had done anything then you might give him some credit but so far about the only tangible result would seem to be more trade for his daughter. Lots of hot air and no results. 

And he pulled troops out of Germany! how could you forget that, thought youd be delighted.

42 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

And he pulled troops out of Germany! how could you forget that, thought youd be delighted.

Yeah, this is a valid point.
Something anti Trumpers should be celebratinga nd giving credit where it's due, but easy to slot into a drawer and shut it, then lock it, never to be thought about again - back on the train that only allows anti Trump news :)

Disclaimer: I'm no Trump fan.

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

Yeah, this is a valid point.
Something anti Trumpers should be celebratinga nd giving credit where it's due, but easy to slot into a drawer and shut it, then lock it, never to be thought about again - back on the train that only allows anti Trump news :)

Disclaimer: I'm no Trump fan.

The troops are in Germany to deter Russian aggression which means Trump is doing his buddy Putin another favor....

• 2023 Gold Donors

It's interesting how Covid has impacted on the US elections. Trump is talking about possibly delaying the elections because of his distrust of postal votes and there's talk of him not accepting a loss as a result of that distrust. If Trump wins, then there's gonna be A LOT of angry people and if Trump loses, then there's gonna be A LOT of angry people. Many of them armed to the teeth on both sides. Amazingly and as far fetched as it sounds, Civil war is not out of the question. There's a storm a comin'.

Just now, Darkstone said:

It's interesting how Covid has impacted on the US elections. Trump is talking about possibly delaying the elections because of his distrust of postal votes and there's talk of him not accepting a loss as a result of that distrust. If Trump wins, then there's gonna be A LOT of angry people and if Trump loses, then there's gonna be A LOT of angry people. Many of them armed to the teeth on both sides. Amazingly and as far fetched as it sounds, Civil war is not out of the question. There's a storm a comin'.

He made one tweet, then walked at back saying effectively "Hey, at least I've finally got the mainstream media talking about election fraud." Whether he was originally serious or a deliberate troll job is up for debate.

I think that if Trump barely loses, yes there will be a lot of pissed off conservatives, but we don't riot and destroy other people's property. That's a Democrat thing.

If Trump wins though, whether by a little or a lot, I think we will see the Left riot en masse and make what happened in Portland and Seattle look like a picnic.